Cast this Series
-
Here is an exercise for you all.....Pretend that you are the casting Director for a propose new TV series based on the Warlord Chronicles.....which is a version of what the real King Arthur tale would be...placed in the actual history of when it was believed an Arthurian character actually existed, i.e about 500 A.D. And with out the magic. Here are the primary characters and a brief description. Tell who you think you would like to see in these roles:
Arthur. Oldest but Illegitimate son of Uther Pendragon, King of the Britons. He never actually becomes king, but does become Warlord of the Britons. (sort of a Shogun like character) Fights the Saxon invasion.
Age: mid to late 20s to begin Suggested actor? :
Uther Pendragon. King of the Britons, but is older and dies early in the tale.
Age: older 50s plus (which was old for 500 AD.) Suggested actor
Guinevere: Becomes Arthur's Welsh ravishing redheaded wife.
Age: mid late 20s: Suggested actress:
Merlin: Foremost Druid priest of the Britons. Both serious and comical in attitude.
Age: 50s/60s. Suggested actor:
Derfel: Arthur's right hand man and warrior. Strong, noble in character but not in birth. The tale is told from his perspective
Age: to begin mid 20ish. Suggested Actor:
Lancelot: Frankish, blonde, seducer of Guinevere, cowardly. Is a primary villain
Age: late 20s to begin Suggested actor:
Mordred: Grandson of Uther. Nephew of Arthur. Son of Uther's legitimate son who dies. Becomes King actually when Uther dies..still as a baby. Becomes villainous when grown:
Age: at the beginning, he is just a baern. As years go by he would be in late 20s/mid 30s.
Suggested actor for adult Mordred?:
Morgan: Arthur's half sister by his mother. Not the daughter of Uther Beautiful but dark. Becomes a Druid priestess...and later a Christian. She is not the mother of Mordred nor the Villain that other Arthur tales tell
Age: to begin 30ish: Suggested actress?:
Nimue: Young, lithe, childlike at first. Is friend of Arthur's and lover of Derfel, but she becomes Merlin's apprentice. Later become finatical and dangerous, turning on Arthur, Derfel and Merlin.
Age: at first late teens, early 20s.
See what you can do with this in terms of casting roles.
This is actually something that is being considered for a series.
-
Way too much work - even if I had the ability - Gip.
Color me lazy Friday afternoon and ready to crack a beer.
-
Sorry Gipper , to be honest I don't know who any of these people are except for a very few. Also if we are limited to actors living and working today it's almost impossible, I don't know nearly enough English actors which is what I've been looking for were I Casting.
WSS
-
Arthur: How about I turn the tables on the Harry Potter group.....Put Tom Felton (Malfoy) in as Arthur
Mordred: Daniel Radcliffe.....Mordred is short, dark deformed. (Radcliffe pulled this off in Frankenstein)
Uther: Liam Cunningham...or Charles Dance
Guinevere: Karen Gillan (Amy Pond of of Dr. Who....though she would have to get naked for this role..which would be nice)
Derfel: Aaron Taylor-Johnson....Pietro from The Avengers, Age of Ultron
Merlin: Sea Bean
Lancelot:
Nimue: a young Keira Knightly is that sort I had in mind....though Kiera may be too old now to play a teen/20ish
Morgan: Gemma Arterton....from Quantum of Solace, Prince of Persia, Hansel and Gretel. Could do sorceress pretty well.
-
Sorry Gipper , to be honest I don't know who any of these people are except for a very few. Also if we are limited to actors living and working today it's almost impossible, I don't know nearly enough English actors which is what I've been looking for were I Casting.
WSS
Sorry Gipper , to be honest I don't know who any of these people are except for a very few. Also if we are limited to actors living and working today it's almost impossible, I don't know nearly enough English actors which is what I've been looking for were I Casting.
WSS
Do you mean you don't know the characters from the Arthur tales? Derfel and Nimue are a bit unknown....but the other characters are always in the Arthur movies/shows.
And I know that you have read the Bernard Cornwell books that this is based on.
-
Take all the actors and actresses from NCIS and NCIS LA....
and there ya go.... just fill in the blanks.
-
Sorry Gipper , to be honest I don't know who any of these people are except for a very few. Also if we are limited to actors living and working today it's almost impossible, I don't know nearly enough English actors which is what I've been looking for were I Casting.
WSS
Do you mean you don't know the characters from the Arthur tales? Derfel and Nimue are a bit unknown....but the other characters are always in the Arthur movies/shows.
And I know that you have read the Bernard Cornwell books that this is based on.
Did he write those Saxon books? If so I just got one of his, the first and one of the series, the last Kingdom. As far as the Arthurian stuff I just don't know English actors well enough. I mean I could probably fill in the blanks with the ones that are big stars now but not familiar enough to discern.Do you mean you don't know the characters from the Arthur tales? Derfel and Nimue are a bit unknown....but the other characters are always in the Arthur movies/shows.
And I know that you have read the Bernard Cornwell books that this is based on.
WSS
-
Did he write those Saxon books? If so I just got one of his, the first and one of the series, the last Kingdom. As far as the Arthurian stuff I just don't know English actors well enough. I mean I could probably fill in the blanks with the ones that are big stars now but not familiar enough to discern.Do you mean you don't know the characters from the Arthur tales? Derfel and Nimue are a bit unknown....but the other characters are always in the Arthur movies/shows.
And I know that you have read the Bernard Cornwell books that this is based on.
WSS
Did he write those Saxon books? If so I just got one of his, the first and one of the series, the last Kingdom. As far as the Arthurian stuff I just don't know English actors well enough. I mean I could probably fill in the blanks with the ones that are big stars now but not familiar enough to discern.
WSS
Yes, same guy that writes the Saxon Tales. He actually says that his Arthur Trilogy is his best work.
-
Take all the actors and actresses from NCIS and NCIS LA....
and there ya go.... just fill in the blanks.
-
Karan Gillen can do naked:
http://www.kasterborous.com/2015/06/karen-gillan-nude-in-not-another-happy-ending-nsfw/
-
Are we going with english actors only as it's an english show? Also are we going all-star, dream cast, or less well known?
BBC did this show a few years ago, btw.
-
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
-
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
House.
-
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
House.
-
Meh. Not bad. She lives over here I think though, so to be expected.
-
Are we going with english actors only as it's an english show? Also are we going all-star, dream cast, or less well known?
BBC did this show a few years ago, btw.
Are we going with english actors only as it's an english show? Also are we going all-star, dream cast, or less well known?
BBC did this show a few years ago, btw.
Yes, I saw that show....a decent one.
You can choose any actors you like. I chose mostly British because it is set in Briton.
-
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
A lot of British actors when they try to do an American accent have a flat nasaly aspect. Like they were 1920s Chicago gangsters.
Some try to cover it up by attempting to do a southern accent. Again, with some, it works, with most....no.
But the guys you mention do do well.
-
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
-
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
You mean English actors? Or both.
-
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
You mean English actors? Or both.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login