Cast this Series
-
Meh. Not bad. She lives over here I think though, so to be expected.
-
Are we going with english actors only as it's an english show? Also are we going all-star, dream cast, or less well known?
BBC did this show a few years ago, btw.
Are we going with english actors only as it's an english show? Also are we going all-star, dream cast, or less well known?
BBC did this show a few years ago, btw.
Yes, I saw that show....a decent one.
You can choose any actors you like. I chose mostly British because it is set in Briton.
-
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
I know there are Yanks who can do a British accent and vice versa.
By the way that always amazes me in the case of an Englishman doing a Yankee accent that isn't obvious to me. Kenneth Branagh and Gary Oldman come to mind.
WSS
A lot of British actors when they try to do an American accent have a flat nasaly aspect. Like they were 1920s Chicago gangsters.
Some try to cover it up by attempting to do a southern accent. Again, with some, it works, with most....no.
But the guys you mention do do well.
-
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
-
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
You mean English actors? Or both.
-
Frankly I'm not a huge fan of most American actors doing a Southern accent Tom Hanks specifically.
They always wind up sounding like Moe Howard doing Colonel Beauregard.
WSS
You mean English actors? Or both.
-
I think I said Yanks.
WSS
I think you meant that they come off sounding like Foghorn Leghorn.
-
Just finished book 1 of the last Kingdom series and really really liked it.
WSS
-
Just finished book 1 of the last Kingdom series and really really liked it.
WSS
Just finished book 1 of the last Kingdom series and really really liked it.
WSS
There are at least 9 books, and now a BBC Series.
http://www.bernardcornwell.net/the-last-kingdom-series-formerly-the-warrior-chroniclessaxon-stories/
I have read all the books...most 2 times over.
I have not seen any of the TV show yet. I will likely buy it when it comes out.
-
Just finished book 1 of the last Kingdom series and really really liked it.
WSS
There are at least 9 books, and now a BBC Series.
http://www.bernardcornwell.net/the-last-kingdom-series-formerly-the-warrior-chroniclessaxon-stories/
I have read all the books...most 2 times over.
I have not seen any of the TV show yet. I will likely buy it when it comes out.
There are at least 9 books, and now a BBC Series.
http://www.bernardcornwell.net/the-last-kingdom-series-formerly-the-warrior-chroniclessaxon-stories/
I have read all the books...most 2 times over.
I have not seen any of the TV show yet. I will likely buy it when it comes out.
It's available on Amazon Prime, not sure if you have that or not.
WSS
-
Just finished book 1 of the last Kingdom series and really really liked it.
WSS
Just finished book 1 of the last Kingdom series and really really liked it.
WSS
There are actually 9 books, plus
It's available on Amazon Prime, not sure if you have that or not.
WSS
No
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login