Skip to content

Draft Elliott. RG3 to Gordon. Triplets.

The Browns Board
53 26 2.1k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Elliott would be grand, but not at #2. Myabe if we do trade down to the range around #8-10, sure. To be honest, as it stands, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of:

    Goff

    Wentz

    Tunsil

    Jack

    Buckner

    Bosa

    Ramsey

    Elliott

    So if I'm GM, I'm happy trading down to number eight, confident I'll still get a damn good football player. Beyond that, maybe Stanley would be ok, but there's a bit of a drop off, talent-wise.

  • Elliott would be grand, but not at #2. Myabe if we do trade down to the range around #8-10, sure. To be honest, as it stands, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of:

    Goff

    Wentz

    Tunsil

    Jack

    Buckner

    Bosa

    Ramsey

    Elliott

    So if I'm GM, I'm happy trading down to number eight, confident I'll still get a damn good football player. Beyond that, maybe Stanley would be ok, but there's a bit of a drop off, talent-wise.

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @gftchris said:

    Elliott would be grand, but not at #2. Myabe if we do trade down to the range around #8-10, sure. To be honest, as it stands, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of:

    Goff

    Wentz

    Tunsil

    Jack

    Buckner

    Bosa

    Ramsey

    Elliott

    So if I'm GM, I'm happy trading down to number eight, confident I'll still get a damn good football player. Beyond that, maybe Stanley would be ok, but there's a bit of a drop off, talent-wise.

    In order I would like

    BOSA

    RAMSEY

    JACK

    TUNSIL

    BUCKNER

    GOFF

    WENTZ

    ELLIOTT

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

  • Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    I agree with all of this.

  • Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    Well, as I see it, I don't want the pick we take at #2 to just be a guy with a "passing grade"......I want a guy with an A or A+ grade.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    Well, as I see it, I don't want the pick we take at #2 to just be a guy with a "passing grade"......I want a guy with an A or A+ grade.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, as I see it, I don't want the pick we take at #2 to just be a guy with a "passing grade"......I want a guy with an A or A+ grade.

    So you want Jalen Ramsey, DeForest Buckner or Laremy Tunsil.

  • Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Bosa scares me in a 3-4. I'm NOT saying he can't be good, but I'd feel much better drafting him if we ran a 4-3. Less learning curve, and more instant impact. Of course, he might explode onto the scene, but I don't see it happening.

    Here's what it comes down to...at least for me: If our talent guys legitimately determine that either Goff or Wentz has what it takes to be a starter in the NFL, then I don't see how we can't take them. I mean, all signs point to us being pretty bad this year, but there is NO guarantee that we'll be picking in the top two next year. You simply never know how the OTHER teams will fair this season. What if there are 3 or 4 other teams that are worse than us, and what if they all need QB's? Then we're in the position of still needing a QB, AND in a situation where we have to trade up, or risk getting the leftovers. If Wentz or Goff gets the passing grade, I don't see much choice in the matter. Not unless our coaching staff secretly feels that RG III is better than they are letting on.

    A guy, even a Bosa, changing positions scares me as well.

    We, as Fans, will live with whatever decisions are made, but I agree with your statement I have bolded. Not only do we not know what the draft order will be next year, but we can't predict where players in future drafts will be. We have to play the cards we're dealt THIS year.

    I have a feeling day 2 of this draft may be the most important. We'll know in 3 weeks.

    Mike

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #48

    If the 2 QB's aren't in play, Elliott seems like the most complete prospect in the draft. He's as talented as Le'Veon Bell. If Bell was in this draft he would be a top 5 pick.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    VesnaKociper said:

    Lynch. The rest is bullshit.

    Kiss of death.

    Anyone but Lynch, fellas!!!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    We may miss out on Zeke. But don't miss out on Doctson or M. Thomas. Go Bucks!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, as I see it, I don't want the pick we take at #2 to just be a guy with a "passing grade"......I want a guy with an A or A+ grade.

    So you want Jalen Ramsey, DeForest Buckner or Laremy Tunsil.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So you want Jalen Ramsey, DeForest Buckner or Laremy Tunsil.

    I don't know. And I am not sure I care. I have some I think would be the right pick...but I really don't know. We have to wait until 2-3 years to make the evaluation. Whoever that is must be successful.

    They will pick whomever they pick....I just want it to be a productive pick.

  • If the 2 QB's aren't in play, Elliott seems like the most complete prospect in the draft. He's as talented as Le'Veon Bell. If Bell was in this draft he would be a top 5 pick.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @skippinturtles said:

    If the 2 QB's aren't in play, Elliott seems like the most complete prospect in the draft. He's as talented as Le'Veon Bell. If Bell was in this draft he would be a top 5 pick.

    No, probably not. He wasn't rated that high when he came out.....I think in fact he was a second rounder.

    If teams knew then what they know about him now....sure he would be a very high draft pick. But you can't look at it in hindsight. If we knew then what we knew now the Browns would not have taken 80% of the first rounders they have taken.

    Also....as far as what we know about him now......you/we think he will come back to his old level after his knee surgery ala Adrian Peterson. But that is not guaranteed even. He could be his old self....or he could be a shadow of his old self.

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Elliott is the most complete RB prospect since Marshall Faulk. If Wentz and Goff aren't the one, Elliott makes this team fun to watch for 8 years.