Skip to content

Browns release DB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

The Browns Board
50 24 1.9k
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    The reality of the Nfl.

  • J joedawg69 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Well, it was worth a shot. I also have to wonder if the CB's we have fit Horton's defense.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Hope he has his college degree to fall back on. Unless he was taken advantage of by the system.

  • Hope he has his college degree to fall back on. Unless he was taken advantage of by the system.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @kvoethe said:

    Hope he has his college degree to fall back on. Unless he was taken advantage of by the system.

    He had an insurance policy against himself. He collected 3 million. If Ifo got a degree in underwater pottery, he can afford to go back for something viable.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.

  • The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #21

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.

    "Ekpre-Olomu feels fine, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT. He’s currently able to dunk a basketball again, and he’s routinely working out with NFL-caliber players, covering receivers and otherwise performing at a high level. The Browns, however, became concerned about his ability to play 16 regular-season games based on the contents of a recent MRI of his knee." (Note: Ifo not only tore his ACL, he dislocated his knee)

    One of the comments said- the Browns are either going to look stupid for drafting him, or stupid for letting him go- if he happens to turn out like a Willis McGahee, who totally destroyed his knee in the OSU- Miami National Championship game.

    If we're playing Money Ball, it doesn't make sense. But the guy is only 5' 9", do the analytics say you need a taller corner- like Gilbert? LOL.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Nobody in all of sports history can pick' em like my Brownies. Druggies, Drunks & Embezzlers is the new fat, drunk & stupid. Most teams would only draft them with 2 legs & a chance to play football, but not our cracked staff.. Good Luck Expre sure to see you on the other side of the field. 😑 Farmer Flyer Towels for everyone..

    Hey- they knew he was a serious injury risk when they took him. At least they didn't draft him high like bum knee Montario Hardesty. If you can name another 7th round pick that made it big without looking it up (other than Marques Colston) congrats.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Boy, this is devastating......

    Well, for Ifo it sure is, all that rehab- for nothing.

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    At least they didn't draft him high like bum knee Montario Hardesty.

    Or a high draft pick like Leroy Hoard in the early 90s. Rack up lots of yards, but fumbled a lot on contact.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I assume so, yes, Tour. That being said, if they sign him and stick with him, all hell will break loose in Cleveland.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #25

    I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

  • I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @nickers said:

    I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

    Could be waiting until after the draft.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Does it matter why? The FO choosing him & the FO releasing him are entirely different. Time to move on.

    Mike

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Hard to call any type of 7th rounder a 'waste'.

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #31

    What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he

    might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit

    the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for

    the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have

    picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out..... πŸ™‚

  • What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he

    might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit

    the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for

    the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have

    picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out..... πŸ™‚

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @calfoxwc said:

    What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he

    might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit

    the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for

    the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have

    picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out..... πŸ™‚

    I stick by what I said... πŸ˜‰

  • @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @gftchris said:

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

    Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Because this guy was rated first round talent before his injury. After the injury I think it was worth a shot to see if he would come back into form. Apparently he hasn't....at least not to the satisfaction of our FO.

    So be it. Onward and upward.

  • @gftchris said:

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

    Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @texasag1969 said:

    Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.

    Marcus Lattimore was a 4th round pick in similar circumstances, though he'd already lost both of his knees multiple times.