Browns release DB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
-
Hope he has his college degree to fall back on. Unless he was taken advantage of by the system.
-
The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.
-
The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.
The only explanation for this I can think of is that he had a recent MRI and the results weren't good. I don't see why a team wouldn't keep the guy just to see, right? I mean, he has a cheap contract, was at one time an early round projection, and appears to have it together off the field. I'm guessing he has a bunch of scar tissue or nerve damage. I just don't see why a team wouldn't want to keep him on the roster until the preseason. Doesn't make sense.
"Ekpre-Olomu feels fine, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT. Heβs currently able to dunk a basketball again, and heβs routinely working out with NFL-caliber players, covering receivers and otherwise performing at a high level. The Browns, however, became concerned about his ability to play 16 regular-season games based on the contents of a recent MRI of his knee." (Note: Ifo not only tore his ACL, he dislocated his knee)
One of the comments said- the Browns are either going to look stupid for drafting him, or stupid for letting him go- if he happens to turn out like a Willis McGahee, who totally destroyed his knee in the OSU- Miami National Championship game.
If we're playing Money Ball, it doesn't make sense. But the guy is only 5' 9", do the analytics say you need a taller corner- like Gilbert? LOL.
-
Nobody in all of sports history can pick' em like my Brownies. Druggies, Drunks & Embezzlers is the new fat, drunk & stupid. Most teams would only draft them with 2 legs & a chance to play football, but not our cracked staff.. Good Luck Expre sure to see you on the other side of the field.
Farmer Flyer Towels for everyone..Hey- they knew he was a serious injury risk when they took him. At least they didn't draft him high like bum knee Montario Hardesty. If you can name another 7th round pick that made it big without looking it up (other than Marques Colston) congrats.
Boy, this is devastating......
Well, for Ifo it sure is, all that rehab- for nothing.
-
Claimed by Miami... taking a low risk peek...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/05/dolphins-claim-ifo-ekpre-olomu/
-
I assume so, yes, Tour. That being said, if they sign him and stick with him, all hell will break loose in Cleveland.
-
I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...
-
Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?
-
Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?
-
Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?
-
What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he
might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit
the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for
the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have
picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out.....

-
What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he
might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit
the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for
the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have
picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out.....

What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he
might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit
the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for
the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have
picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out.....

I stick by what I said...

-
Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.
Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.
-
Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?
Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?
Because this guy was rated first round talent before his injury. After the injury I think it was worth a shot to see if he would come back into form. Apparently he hasn't....at least not to the satisfaction of our FO.
So be it. Onward and upward.
-
Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.
Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.
Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.
Marcus Lattimore was a 4th round pick in similar circumstances, though he'd already lost both of his knees multiple times.
-
So many guys do come back from devastating knee injuries that I guess it is worth the risk that medical science will restore these guys to their former capabilities. Look at Adrian Peterson and others. Some like him make it....others don't.
-
When I saw that the Browns dropped him, I was disappointed, but thought to myself, "This poor guy must be seriously injured"
Then I saw that the Dolphins picked him up....?
If there is a chance that this guy could be healthy even after another year off... I don't understand the move in dropping him.
He's a seventh round, super cheap player. It's not like he was sucking up cap space, or the Browns have so much talent at CB that they couldn't afford to use a roster spot on him... He has "Moneyball" written all over him.
-
When I saw that the Browns dropped him, I was disappointed, but thought to myself, "This poor guy must be seriously injured"
Then I saw that the Dolphins picked him up....?
If there is a chance that this guy could be healthy even after another year off... I don't understand the move in dropping him.
He's a seventh round, super cheap player. It's not like he was sucking up cap space, or the Browns have so much talent at CB that they couldn't afford to use a roster spot on him... He has "Moneyball" written all over him.
He has "Moneyball" written all over him.
Not really. I guarantee they checked his medicals and didn't see what they wanted to see. If they thought that he would turn into something decent even next year, they would have sat on him to invest in the future. The Dolphins are taking a flyer to kick the tires on him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login