Skip to content

Browns release DB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

The Browns Board
50 24 1.9k
  • @gumby73 said:

    Nobody in all of sports history can pick' em like my Brownies. Druggies, Drunks & Embezzlers is the new fat, drunk & stupid. Most teams would only draft them with 2 legs & a chance to play football, but not our cracked staff.. Good Luck Expre sure to see you on the other side of the field. 😑 Farmer Flyer Towels for everyone..

    Hey- they knew he was a serious injury risk when they took him. At least they didn't draft him high like bum knee Montario Hardesty. If you can name another 7th round pick that made it big without looking it up (other than Marques Colston) congrats.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Boy, this is devastating......

    Well, for Ifo it sure is, all that rehab- for nothing.

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @hoorta said:

    At least they didn't draft him high like bum knee Montario Hardesty.

    Or a high draft pick like Leroy Hoard in the early 90s. Rack up lots of yards, but fumbled a lot on contact.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I assume so, yes, Tour. That being said, if they sign him and stick with him, all hell will break loose in Cleveland.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #25

    I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

  • I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @nickers said:

    I get that he may not be they're guy. But why is Tramon Willians still on the roster..? He blows...

    Could be waiting until after the draft.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Does it matter why? The FO choosing him & the FO releasing him are entirely different. Time to move on.

    Mike

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Hard to call any type of 7th rounder a 'waste'.

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #31

    What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he

    might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit

    the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for

    the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have

    picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out..... πŸ™‚

  • What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he

    might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit

    the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for

    the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have

    picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out..... πŸ™‚

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @calfoxwc said:

    What Chris means to say, Opal, is that the Browns at the time, though the chance that he

    might have a quicker recovery, and this new fo and coaching staff need a taller cb to hit

    the field running now.... plans change, they took a chance, hasn't worked out for

    the immediate moment. I'm sure that if they knew what they know now, they would have

    picked another player that also wouldn't have worked out..... πŸ™‚

    I stick by what I said... πŸ˜‰

  • @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @gftchris said:

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

    Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.

  • Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @opal312 said:

    Good thing he took out the insurance policy that paid him 3 million. Why did the Browns waste a pick?

    Because this guy was rated first round talent before his injury. After the injury I think it was worth a shot to see if he would come back into form. Apparently he hasn't....at least not to the satisfaction of our FO.

    So be it. Onward and upward.

  • @gftchris said:

    Why did they waste a seventh round pick on a guy with first round talent if he recovers fully? Gee, I don't, it's a fucking mystery, call Ripley's.

    Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @texasag1969 said:

    Someone will waste an even higher pick this year on Jaylon Smith from N.D. in the hopes that the nerve damage in the knee is not as bad as it appears to be.

    Marcus Lattimore was a 4th round pick in similar circumstances, though he'd already lost both of his knees multiple times.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    So many guys do come back from devastating knee injuries that I guess it is worth the risk that medical science will restore these guys to their former capabilities. Look at Adrian Peterson and others. Some like him make it....others don't.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    When I saw that the Browns dropped him, I was disappointed, but thought to myself, "This poor guy must be seriously injured"

    Then I saw that the Dolphins picked him up....?

    If there is a chance that this guy could be healthy even after another year off... I don't understand the move in dropping him.

    He's a seventh round, super cheap player. It's not like he was sucking up cap space, or the Browns have so much talent at CB that they couldn't afford to use a roster spot on him... He has "Moneyball" written all over him.

  • When I saw that the Browns dropped him, I was disappointed, but thought to myself, "This poor guy must be seriously injured"

    Then I saw that the Dolphins picked him up....?

    If there is a chance that this guy could be healthy even after another year off... I don't understand the move in dropping him.

    He's a seventh round, super cheap player. It's not like he was sucking up cap space, or the Browns have so much talent at CB that they couldn't afford to use a roster spot on him... He has "Moneyball" written all over him.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @hx214 said:

    He has "Moneyball" written all over him.

    Not really. I guarantee they checked his medicals and didn't see what they wanted to see. If they thought that he would turn into something decent even next year, they would have sat on him to invest in the future. The Dolphins are taking a flyer to kick the tires on him.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I was confused when I read that the Dolphins picked him up as well, AND that other teams wanted him too. I would think that all teams would have access to his physical records, right? Perhaps not to the extent the Browns did, but I can't imagine a team taking a flyer on an injured player without doing a proper background check.

    I swear, I will EXPLODE if he turns out to be even SERVICEABLE.

  • I was confused when I read that the Dolphins picked him up as well, AND that other teams wanted him too. I would think that all teams would have access to his physical records, right? Perhaps not to the extent the Browns did, but I can't imagine a team taking a flyer on an injured player without doing a proper background check.

    I swear, I will EXPLODE if he turns out to be even SERVICEABLE.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I was confused when I read that the Dolphins picked him up as well, AND that other teams wanted him too. I would think that all teams would have access to his physical records, right? Perhaps not to the extent the Browns did, but I can't imagine a team taking a flyer on an injured player without doing a proper background check.

    I swear, I will EXPLODE if he turns out to be even SERVICEABLE.

    They likely didn't have the access that the Browns did.

    Oh, I fully expect fireworks on the board even if he ends up being a 5th CB on a CFL team.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #41

    The steelers supposedly had a claim out for him.