Skip to content

Guitar questions

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
91 11 4.4k
  • Ok next question...

    How and when did you notice your dynamics in your playing? Did it just come naturally or did you try to emulate someone?

  • Next question...

    Do you think my wife should get mad if she sees me playing the air guitar in the mirror as I use my pecker as a whammy bar?

  • Depends whether or not your playing a long necked guitar.

  • Depends whether or not your playing a long necked guitar.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Depends whether or not your playing a long necked guitar.

    It's a Baritone guitar. Lol
  • You guitar players give me some tips I'll give you guys some love making tips.

  • The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

  • The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

    @nickers said:

    The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

    STFU you fat ass POS.

  • @nickers said:

    The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

    STFU you fat ass POS.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    STFU you fat ass POS.

    No one invited you to come here and act like a 5 year old child...WTF is wrong with you man?

  • @nickers said:

    The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

    STFU you fat ass POS.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    STFU you fat ass POS.

    What did he say to even warrant that? Seriously you need to calm the fuck down.

  • The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

    @nickers said:

    The most important thing is the basics...learn Melodies.. study intervals.. and study harmony. I don't really have a hand book on how to play because I'm mostly self taught. I just basically play from the heart... I just learned a few songs but mostly just tried to come up with My own style. (whatever that is). But now a days.. everything I do is rooted in some kind of blues. So I just just try to find new motifs. Just try to be well rounded.. the important thing.. is have fun.

    Thanks man this is good advise. I'm actually a lot better than I let on. I was a music major in college and after I took piano lessons my guitar playing improved a lot. It's really weird how you can pick up another instrument and have your primary instrument improve. I can understand the timing making a difference or even how you approach music theory to the fretboard but it's uncanny.

    Ya guys when I was younger I thot I'd be playing forever but now it's just a hobby. Before I was a very skilled punk kid with chops now I'm just a 50 yr old guy with tats all over and a great smile. I sold all my gear that I collected over the years and play my hummingbird no so often.

    Peace

  • Another guitar question...

    Do you prefer stomp boxes or use amp effects? Or maybe you use a multi effects pedal system like the Boss me8?(example) Do you use the same effects live as and when recording? Let me know just curios. Thanks in advance.

  • in the 80's.. it was all about excess and the more sauce/effects you had .. the better.. But for Me.. not so.. I like pedals.. because I only use a couple of them.. I use a wah wah, a univibe a tube screamer and a smart gate in the direct line.. in My effects loop I use chorus and a digital delay. thats it pretty much... I prefer less effects and less things hooked up means less degredation of tone...

  • My live set up is a Marshall MA 50 watt head through a modded crate stealth cabinet (2x12). I have various strats and a couple Les Pauls.. Recording.. I still use an old digitech genesis on ocassion but I love tube sound as opposerd to Solid State.. It just feels so much better. you can really feel the tone more I think. Thats just Me.

  • Know your note of resolution... For our non musician friends the translation is as follows,, Know what the last word from your mouth will be.. And in both cases, if you don't.. Say nothing

  • AxeA Axe

    Know your note of resolution... For our non musician friends the translation is as follows,, Know what the last word from your mouth will be.. And in both cases, if you don't.. Say nothing

    @axe said:

    Know your note of resolution... For our non musician friends the translation is as follows,, Know what the last word from your mouth will be.. And in both cases, if you don't.. Say nothing

    Hey axe. What do you think of Dimebag Darrel?
  • One of the best there has ever been 😎

  • Guitar question: from my wasted youth: Was it a Telecaster or a Stratocaster?

  • Guitar question: from my wasted youth: Was it a Telecaster or a Stratocaster?

    @the-gipper said:

    Guitar question: from my wasted youth: Was it a Telecaster or a Stratocaster?

    Was what?

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Guitar question: from my wasted youth: Was it a Telecaster or a Stratocaster?

    Was what?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Was what?

    WSS

    The guitar that Meatloaf was going to kill:

  • "I don't remember if it was a Stratocaster or a Telecaster but I do remember..."

    WSS