Guitar questions
-
Whatever Lol. I make no excuses I prefer the loud chunk sound of a Solid State amp. Just saying.
-
-
-
-
I don't like the blues or bluesy music. I don't like bluest sound either. Now yes I appreciate the blues because it's the style I learned from. With begging guitar following the box phrasing for lead guitar is very imporntant I know this.
But to listen to the blues it sucks. I love metal. Yes it all derived from the blues I understand but metal has come into its own. Now before all you jump on me just remember I fucking hate Elvis too.
-
Too bad Dimebag wasn't sitting in Larry's audience.
Play what works for you..
Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player. I love the blues.. its all feeling.. Metal is one dimensional.. With Blues.. your emotion comes out.. Tell SRV and Steve Lukather the blues suck lol...
-
-
Too bad Dimebag wasn't sitting in Larry's audience.
Play what works for you..
Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player. I love the blues.. its all feeling.. Metal is one dimensional.. With Blues.. your emotion comes out.. Tell SRV and Steve Lukather the blues suck lol...
to each his own. I can tell by your you tube video you're very good. It's not my cup of tea that all.Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player. I love the blues.. its all feeling.. Metal is one dimensional.. With Blues.. your emotion comes out.. Tell SRV and Steve Lukather the blues suck lol...
-
to each his own. I can tell by your you tube video you're very good. It's not my cup of tea that all.Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player. I love the blues.. its all feeling.. Metal is one dimensional.. With Blues.. your emotion comes out.. Tell SRV and Steve Lukather the blues suck lol...
-
One Post From the Truth said:
to each his own. I can tell by your you tube video you're very good. It's not my cup of tea that all.
Thank you... diff strokes for diff folks.. I like everything except rap.. But,, I think theres room for everybody...
-
-
I'm feeling chatty so here it goes.
My father is a Baptist preacher. Well at least he was when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to listen to anything but gospel. In '84 my parents had a falling out and divorced. When my mom and I moved away I lived many different places and towns. I went to 8 different high schools in four years and still graduated a half year early.
My first rock album I bought was Master of Reality by Black Sabbath. Ozzy was solo then and heck I didn't know. Lol then it was Twisted Sister and iron Maiden. The '80's were done but just the start for me. I got my first guitar in '89.
The 90's metal was a landing mark for me. I had fresh ears and am still In love with it. I loved Prong and White Zombie. Then Pantera. Of course many others like Fight and Sponge. I always was in tune with the newer bands coming out. Since then I've always been a metal head. It's what you grew up with and what sticks.
Now I just play at home and not so often anymore. Guitar was an outlet for me growing up because I trusted no one and it was always there. It's still a personal thing for me.
Long live metal!
-
Too bad Dimebag wasn't sitting in Larry's audience.
Play what works for you..
Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player. I love the blues.. its all feeling.. Metal is one dimensional.. With Blues.. your emotion comes out.. Tell SRV and Steve Lukather the blues suck lol...
Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player.
Get my facts straight?
:lol: More like the latter quarter of his career, and even then rumors persisted that his amp heads were show for his endorsement and he was using SS again..I've been doing this a little while now, about 50 yrs and yeah, I used to be a tone snob amp purist too. I've been thru so many amps and rigs it's not funny.. Tube amps are GREAT! But they have their drawbacks. Some times they are simply impractical and inconsistent.. Modeler preamps have drawbacks as well but with each generation they get better and better.. To bash a pc of equipment you haven't tried is pretty close minded.. I remember when it had to be my Gibson Double neck and my Fender Bandmaster half stack back in the 70s.. Then my Les Paul and my Marshall full stack, with pedals, w/o pedals, with rack gear, w/o rack gear. Used that for a long time. Got really old dragging it around the SE US club circuit. Can't forget the ADA MP1.. My point is this, play what works for you and be happy.. And put the know it all attitude aside..
-
Dime bag switched to Krank. His amps were custom made and I'd have to look it up to see the specs. I know before then he primarily used Randall.
I've had tube amps. I run them clean anyway and use my effects. The loud clean sound is what I hope for without any feedback or hissing. I can turn it up and have my vol knob on full and let go of the guitar and you hear nothing. Then play and get any sound I want, a lead channel and a rhythm channel mostly while playing in front of someone. The chorus and delay work really well also.
Back in the day I had a little peavey classice combo amp. It sounded great with the peavey fx processor I had with it until I turned it up.
Squels and squalls.
-
Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?
-
I'm feeling chatty so here it goes.
My father is a Baptist preacher. Well at least he was when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to listen to anything but gospel. In '84 my parents had a falling out and divorced. When my mom and I moved away I lived many different places and towns. I went to 8 different high schools in four years and still graduated a half year early.
My first rock album I bought was Master of Reality by Black Sabbath. Ozzy was solo then and heck I didn't know. Lol then it was Twisted Sister and iron Maiden. The '80's were done but just the start for me. I got my first guitar in '89.
The 90's metal was a landing mark for me. I had fresh ears and am still In love with it. I loved Prong and White Zombie. Then Pantera. Of course many others like Fight and Sponge. I always was in tune with the newer bands coming out. Since then I've always been a metal head. It's what you grew up with and what sticks.
Now I just play at home and not so often anymore. Guitar was an outlet for me growing up because I trusted no one and it was always there. It's still a personal thing for me.
Long live metal!
-
-
NICE!
Awesome. Ya they're my fav guitar. I'm wanting a Dean like Dimbags also just to have one I guess. I'll look like a copy cat when I play it I don't care.
Anyway very cool axe. Would like to see you play them sometime.
-
-
Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player.
Get my facts straight?
:lol: More like the latter quarter of his career, and even then rumors persisted that his amp heads were show for his endorsement and he was using SS again..I've been doing this a little while now, about 50 yrs and yeah, I used to be a tone snob amp purist too. I've been thru so many amps and rigs it's not funny.. Tube amps are GREAT! But they have their drawbacks. Some times they are simply impractical and inconsistent.. Modeler preamps have drawbacks as well but with each generation they get better and better.. To bash a pc of equipment you haven't tried is pretty close minded.. I remember when it had to be my Gibson Double neck and my Fender Bandmaster half stack back in the 70s.. Then my Les Paul and my Marshall full stack, with pedals, w/o pedals, with rack gear, w/o rack gear. Used that for a long time. Got really old dragging it around the SE US club circuit. Can't forget the ADA MP1.. My point is this, play what works for you and be happy.. And put the know it all attitude aside..
Get my facts straight?
:lol: More like the latter quarter of his career, and even then rumors persisted that his amp heads were show for his endorsement and he was using SS again..I've been doing this a little while now, about 50 yrs and yeah, I used to be a tone snob amp purist too. I've been thru so many amps and rigs it's not funny.. Tube amps are GREAT! But they have their drawbacks. Some times they are simply impractical and inconsistent.. Modeler preamps have drawbacks as well but with each generation they get better and better.. To bash a pc of equipment you haven't tried is pretty close minded.. I remember when it had to be my Gibson Double neck and my Fender Bandmaster half stack back in the 70s.. Then my Les Paul and my Marshall full stack, with pedals, w/o pedals, with rack gear, w/o rack gear. Used that for a long time. Got really old dragging it around the SE US club circuit. Can't forget the ADA MP1.. My point is this, play what works for you and be happy.. And put the know it all attitude aside..
yeah.. thats the latter half.. no matter how you look at it.. I love Dime.. It's tragic he lost his life the waty he did...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


