Skip to content

Guitar questions

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
91 11 4.4k
  • Dime bag switched to Krank. His amps were custom made and I'd have to look it up to see the specs. I know before then he primarily used Randall.

    I've had tube amps. I run them clean anyway and use my effects. The loud clean sound is what I hope for without any feedback or hissing. I can turn it up and have my vol knob on full and let go of the guitar and you hear nothing. Then play and get any sound I want, a lead channel and a rhythm channel mostly while playing in front of someone. The chorus and delay work really well also.

    Back in the day I had a little peavey classice combo amp. It sounded great with the peavey fx processor I had with it until I turned it up.

    Squels and squalls.

  • Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

  • I'm feeling chatty so here it goes.

    My father is a Baptist preacher. Well at least he was when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to listen to anything but gospel. In '84 my parents had a falling out and divorced. When my mom and I moved away I lived many different places and towns. I went to 8 different high schools in four years and still graduated a half year early.

    My first rock album I bought was Master of Reality by Black Sabbath. Ozzy was solo then and heck I didn't know. Lol then it was Twisted Sister and iron Maiden. The '80's were done but just the start for me. I got my first guitar in '89.

    The 90's metal was a landing mark for me. I had fresh ears and am still In love with it. I loved Prong and White Zombie. Then Pantera. Of course many others like Fight and Sponge. I always was in tune with the newer bands coming out. Since then I've always been a metal head. It's what you grew up with and what sticks.

    Now I just play at home and not so often anymore. Guitar was an outlet for me growing up because I trusted no one and it was always there. It's still a personal thing for me.

    Long live metal!

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Long live metal!

    There ya go!! 😁

  • Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

    Yeah, too many to count including my Jems

    The two I own now

    10402837_10152025745826511_1731193683406

    13775341_10153514876851511_6014284866617

  • NICE!

    Awesome. Ya they're my fav guitar. I'm wanting a Dean like Dimbags also just to have one I guess. I'll look like a copy cat when I play it I don't care.

    Anyway very cool axe. Would like to see you play them sometime.

  • Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

    I have an Ibanez 7 string like new for sale...

  • AxeA Axe

    @nickers said:

    Dime switched to tube amps at the latter half of his career.. get your facts straight.. Larry is a Jazz player.

    Get my facts straight? 😆 :lol: More like the latter quarter of his career, and even then rumors persisted that his amp heads were show for his endorsement and he was using SS again..

    I've been doing this a little while now, about 50 yrs and yeah, I used to be a tone snob amp purist too. I've been thru so many amps and rigs it's not funny.. Tube amps are GREAT! But they have their drawbacks. Some times they are simply impractical and inconsistent.. Modeler preamps have drawbacks as well but with each generation they get better and better.. To bash a pc of equipment you haven't tried is pretty close minded.. I remember when it had to be my Gibson Double neck and my Fender Bandmaster half stack back in the 70s.. Then my Les Paul and my Marshall full stack, with pedals, w/o pedals, with rack gear, w/o rack gear. Used that for a long time. Got really old dragging it around the SE US club circuit. Can't forget the ADA MP1.. My point is this, play what works for you and be happy.. And put the know it all attitude aside..

    @axe said:

    Get my facts straight? 😆 :lol: More like the latter quarter of his career, and even then rumors persisted that his amp heads were show for his endorsement and he was using SS again..

    I've been doing this a little while now, about 50 yrs and yeah, I used to be a tone snob amp purist too. I've been thru so many amps and rigs it's not funny.. Tube amps are GREAT! But they have their drawbacks. Some times they are simply impractical and inconsistent.. Modeler preamps have drawbacks as well but with each generation they get better and better.. To bash a pc of equipment you haven't tried is pretty close minded.. I remember when it had to be my Gibson Double neck and my Fender Bandmaster half stack back in the 70s.. Then my Les Paul and my Marshall full stack, with pedals, w/o pedals, with rack gear, w/o rack gear. Used that for a long time. Got really old dragging it around the SE US club circuit. Can't forget the ADA MP1.. My point is this, play what works for you and be happy.. And put the know it all attitude aside..

    yeah.. thats the latter half.. no matter how you look at it.. I love Dime.. It's tragic he lost his life the waty he did...

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

    I have an Ibanez 7 string like new for sale...

    @nickers said:

    I have an Ibanez 7 string like new for sale...

    pm me on a price
  • @axe said:

    Get my facts straight? 😆 :lol: More like the latter quarter of his career, and even then rumors persisted that his amp heads were show for his endorsement and he was using SS again..

    I've been doing this a little while now, about 50 yrs and yeah, I used to be a tone snob amp purist too. I've been thru so many amps and rigs it's not funny.. Tube amps are GREAT! But they have their drawbacks. Some times they are simply impractical and inconsistent.. Modeler preamps have drawbacks as well but with each generation they get better and better.. To bash a pc of equipment you haven't tried is pretty close minded.. I remember when it had to be my Gibson Double neck and my Fender Bandmaster half stack back in the 70s.. Then my Les Paul and my Marshall full stack, with pedals, w/o pedals, with rack gear, w/o rack gear. Used that for a long time. Got really old dragging it around the SE US club circuit. Can't forget the ADA MP1.. My point is this, play what works for you and be happy.. And put the know it all attitude aside..

    yeah.. thats the latter half.. no matter how you look at it.. I love Dime.. It's tragic he lost his life the waty he did...

    @nickers said:

    yeah.. thats the latter half.. no matter how you look at it.. I love Dime.. It's tragic he lost his life the waty he did...

    Indeed 🙁

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Hey axe have you ever had an Ibanez RG?

    I have an Ibanez 7 string like new for sale...

    @nickers said:

    I have an Ibanez 7 string like new for sale...

    What don't you like about it?

    I keep telling myself I'd like an Ibanez UV70P.. I keep telling myself it's the one tool I don't own.. Then I remember, I've owned a couple 7s ... They're different..

  • AxeA Axe

    @nickers said:

    I have an Ibanez 7 string like new for sale...

    What don't you like about it?

    I keep telling myself I'd like an Ibanez UV70P.. I keep telling myself it's the one tool I don't own.. Then I remember, I've owned a couple 7s ... They're different..

    @axe said:

    What don't you like about it?

    I keep telling myself I'd like an Ibanez UV70P.. I keep telling myself it's the one tool I don't own.. Then I remember, I've owned a couple 7s ... They're different..

    It's not that I don't like it.. It's a great guitar for a 7 string Ibanez.. It play nice..It sounds great... It has a floyd rose trem system.. which I absolutely hate.. I like regular American standard vibrato systems.. if you set it up right they stay in tune just as well as any floyd. ive ever played.. I like more of the Jeff Beck, Landau/Lukather type feel

    It just sits...I have. 14-15 guitars LOL.. I have no need for a 7 string.. I do Drop D shit anyway. And Id rather sell it and put that money toward getting either a Classical cutaway guitar or a little Parlor guitar to tote around

  • Heres a lil something for you metal heads.. Just an improvised shred solo.. LOL

  • Very cool Nick keep em coming.

  • I'll post one sometime myself. I'm not as good as you gear heads but hey whatever.🙂

  • I'll post one sometime myself. I'm not as good as you gear heads but hey whatever.🙂

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I'll post one sometime myself. I'm not as good as you gear heads but hey whatever. 🙂

    You have fun and that's the main reason we play 🙂

  • If anyone is interested.. Here's where we are on the latest..

    http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/#!media/c1bkj

    Rise of the Gods..

  • AxeA Axe

    If anyone is interested.. Here's where we are on the latest..

    http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/#!media/c1bkj

    Rise of the Gods..

    @axe said:

    If anyone is interested.. Here's where we are on the latest..

    http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/#!media/c1bkj

    Rise of the Gods..

    I hope this doesn't sound corny but I'm a fan of yours now. Yep some dude in Il. Likes your style!
  • Thanks dude.. Made my day 🙂

  • @ghoolie said:

    Dude, I don't know you from shit I have stepped in. But I do know, Nick. Cunts like you are always mouthing off while maintaining Internet anonymity. Me? I am as public as it gets, and I have no problem saying to someone's cunt face, what I say online. You? You're a cunt.

    I'll tell you what, I wasn't going to go to the Titans game, HOWEVER............ if you want to make the trek, I will be more than glad to see what kind of a tough guy you are.

    WTF are you even commenting on a guitar thread for? You aren't a player. Fucking homo.

    Fuck you Ukrain. I laugh at you

  • Ghoolie you're slipping. You can't go one post without saying cunt at least twice. It's weak and lacks creativity