Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Dvd ripping

Dvd ripping

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
13 Posts 6 Posters 803 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
    • 15k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Anyone besides me do it? If so what tool do you use?

    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • gftChris gftChrisG
      • 13k Posts
      • 428 Reputation
      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
      #2

      not done it for a long time, don't remember, sorry. mostly get movies online through entirely legal sources every time.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I am guessing that Sony Vegas Pro would do it but I'm not sure, I've never tried.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 15k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Yeah chris my country ass internet sucks so unfortunately my Netflix account I'd next to useless. I could burn through my monthly data in two days of streaming. But fortuitously I use the world's most powerful operating system so even copy protection is no object. Steve I'm not familiar with Sony Vegas pro but I'd guess based on it being made by Sony would mean it is not capable of defeating copy protection as Sony obviously has vested interest in DRM.

          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • One Post One PostO
            • 4k Posts
            • 284 Reputation
            One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Every time I watch a DVD I get ripped.

            https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
              • 12k Posts
              • 7k Reputation
              Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
              #6

              Its been about 5 years since I ripped a DVD, but I used to do it all the time.

              My software of choice was;

              DVD Fab

              Handbrake

              DVD-Ripr

              I can't recall the name of my favorite ripping software, but there wasn't anything it couldn't rip.

              If I can fire up my old desktop, I'll see what it's called.

              Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 15k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I use vlc and handbrake on a linux system and I've yet to find the copy protection it can't break.

                Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • miktoxic miktoxicM
                  • 13k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Download things using bitorrent, dvd ripper to extract and toast titanium to burn on mac osx 10.7.5.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 15k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Of all systems mac os would be the least likely I'd ever use

                    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                    miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • T The Cysko Kid

                      Of all systems mac os would be the least likely I'd ever use

                      miktoxic miktoxicM
                      • 13k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @the-cysko-kid said:

                      Of all systems mac os would be the least likely I'd ever use

                      yeah, i know cuz you are the least creative.

                      don't go to an ad agency, film editing co., or design studio and look for work cuz that's what we've been using since the 80s.

                      W 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • miktoxicM miktoxic

                        @the-cysko-kid said:

                        Of all systems mac os would be the least likely I'd ever use

                        yeah, i know cuz you are the least creative.

                        don't go to an ad agency, film editing co., or design studio and look for work cuz that's what we've been using since the 80s.

                        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                        • 39k Posts
                        • 9k Reputation
                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @miktoxic said:

                        yeah, i know cuz you are the least creative.

                        don't go to an ad agency, film editing co., or design studio and look for work cuz that's what we've been using since the 80s.

                        Yeah well that's not what he's using the shit for.

                        He's ripping DVDs.

                        I'm creative and I've been using Sonar ever since it was Cakewalk version 3 on a floppy disk.

                        WSS

                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                          • 15k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Good old mik. I can always count on you to be immediately hostile whenever challenged. I'm an electrical engineer. The things I design keep people and millions of dollars worth of information safe. There is literally no reason I would ever be editing film. The reason I don't like apple is that although it touts itself as creators' software you have no freedom to create within its walled garden architecture. You can't even customize the menus or default colors much less change the way the operating system works to suit your purposes. I fully understand why the less technically inclined swear by it but it's not for me. It's infuriating to me to not have any more control than over your wallpaper.

                          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                            • 15k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Without electrical engineers like apple founder steve Wozniak creating you'd still be hand drawing logos and cutting and splicing film manually. So, you know, curb the no creativity bit.

                            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate