Curious about this song, and this movie...
-
I think this could be Alison Krauss's most beautiful example of her
outstanding talent. Possibly the most beautiful song, out of a simple
song sung by Don Williams. This song, most of all, fascinates me.
I listen to it several times in a row, again and again. Alison is just
magic to music....
What do you all think?
And the movie "Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou"
It's award-winning, including it's soundtrack. Just funny as a movie can be.
Is it the same for everybody else?
Anybody not enjoy it? "Man of Constant Sorrow" was done by
Alison Krauss and the Union Station.
I think I've seen this crazy movie a dozen times over the years...
-
Its a good movie. The Coen Brothers have done better, but this was good.
And the song is OK for an old time Hillbilly song. I like it fine.
Allison Krause did not sing on the version played in the movie. There were no female vocals in that rendition.
-
I thought she sang with two others, on the song "go to sleep little baby"...
that was in the movie....
I'll have to check on that.
Released: 2000Lyrics: go to sleep you little baby / go to sleep you little baby / your momma's gone away and your daddy's gonna stay / don't leave nobody but the baby… Full lyrics on Google Play -
OK, but not on the Constant Sorrow song.
-
Agreed. She plays a little nice fiddle in it,
at least on stage.
I love this song, and their antics in the movie, I lol every time.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login