We've been asking the wrong question
-
What I want to happen: draft Goff
What I think will happen: trade down if there is a favorable deal presented.
I'm ready for the draft already...
-
I'm all in on Goff, still. The QB we've been searching for for 17 years is on the board - can't pass on him.
-
"Trade Down" presumes that an offer exists. The problem with this year's draft is that nobody in the top8 stands above the others like a Luck.
I don't support trading down.. because the trade down statement ASSUMES that the pick in round1 would be in the top8.. and I don't think any team in those slots is interested in shoveling more picks towards Cleveland to get a player that wouldn't be demonstrably better than the one they're already going to select.
The only team stupid enough to do that would have been the Dolphins.. and they traded their slot already.
-
The problem with this year's draft is that nobody in the top8 stands above the others like a Luck.
Depends on perspective though. People like Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack and Bosa are very good and I'm sure a team will fall in love with at least one of them.
-
Didn't ask if they'll fall in love. Teams can compose as many sonnets in iambic pentameter as they want.. until they make a concrete offer with picks to make that jump, it's just as good as not liking the player at all.
-
And there will be no concrete offers until about 5 minutes in to the draft. Might be preliminary discussions now, but nobody's going to draft up while the prospect of their guy not being there exists.
-
And there will be no concrete offers until about 5 minutes in to the draft. Might be preliminary discussions now, but nobody's going to draft up while the prospect of their guy not being there exists.
And there will be no concrete offers until about 5 minutes in to the draft. Might be preliminary discussions now, but nobody's going to draft up while the prospect of their guy not being there exists.
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
-
And there will be no concrete offers until about 5 minutes in to the draft. Might be preliminary discussions now, but nobody's going to draft up while the prospect of their guy not being there exists.
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
And tennessee. And the lions.
-
And there will be no concrete offers until about 5 minutes in to the draft. Might be preliminary discussions now, but nobody's going to draft up while the prospect of their guy not being there exists.
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
Lets hire Costner for the day

-
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
And tennessee. And the lions.
-
Right, we need some pancake eating motherfucker to make a deal with.
Or, a nervous rookie GM......Oh wait....that would be us.
Lets hire Costner for the day

-
Shame Aunt Jermima isn't a GM
-
I think we go QB first, I think Hue wants a young QB to shape and build around. Just a hunch, though.
-
I wouldn't be so sure just because that hasn't been his modus operandi so far.
WSS
I'm far from sure! As I say, just a hunch. Equally I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to coach up connor shaw or RG3 or whoever, and we just go for BPA.
-
I wouldn't be so sure just because that hasn't been his modus operandi so far.
WSS
I'm far from sure! As I say, just a hunch. Equally I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to coach up connor shaw or RG3 or whoever, and we just go for BPA.
-
Possibly but that would mean that somebody sees more in Connor Shaw than I do. I really don't get the adoration.
WSS
He's a browns QB who is not currently the starter - hence the adoration

-
Possibly but that would mean that somebody sees more in Connor Shaw than I do. I really don't get the adoration.
WSS
He's a browns QB who is not currently the starter - hence the adoration

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login