Skip to content

REPORT(s): Josh Gordon diluted drug test (failure) -- LAST MONTH! IDIOT!

The Browns Board
125 43 5.5k
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #63

    This whole thing still makes no sense. We are talking about someone who is banned from The NFL indefinitely. Based on that I can't imagine any circumstance under which they would consider reinstatement in the next 60 days when he purportedly intentionally tried to trick the test. I've been driving all day and unable to look at this stuff online. As an actual NFL source confirmed the test results? If not is it possible the red flag is behavior and not a failed test

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #64

    13015462_1062862653736410_50822144384560

  • @hoorta said:

    If they're letting Josh do follow up drug tests- it leads me to believe what I speculated on earlier. Might just have been a trace of pot (which at this point is too damn much- Josh) & I have to wonder what their "fail" cutoff is for specific gravity. It's possible the sample was just under the cutoff. (The NFL isn't telling what it is) Pulling out the normals for urine SG- it can go all the way down to 1.002, which is damn near the SG of purified water 1.000 .

    Both samples were under the cutoff level (for THC), but both contained a dilute, which is an automatic failure.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @mike-h said:

    Both samples were under the cutoff level (for THC), but both contained a dilute, which is an automatic failure.

    Mike- I worked in a Hospital Lab for 30+ years. There's a difference between a diluted sample, and finding a drug in the urine like hydroclorothiazide (there's a bunch of others) - which can be used to promote urine production- to dilute a sample. I'll have to assume they actually watch the person pee- or else it's easy enough to keep a warm bag of water on your body to dilute the sample with. They're supposed to check the temperature of the sample- to prevent someone loading up the sample from a faucet. 🙂

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #66

    They wouldn't fail someone if it wasn't suspected of intentional dilution. Would they? They detected THC and dilute in both samples.

  • They wouldn't fail someone if it wasn't suspected of intentional dilution. Would they? They detected THC and dilute in both samples.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @mike-h said:

    They wouldn't fail someone if it wasn't suspected of intentional dilution. Would they? They detected THC and dilute in both samples.

    So Mike if that's the case why would they even consider reinstating in this year
  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Not sure. He's a banned player applying for reinstatement and his test allegedly failed per NFL testing rules. I don't know why, other than the report of a failed test is inaccurate, the NFL is showing mercy, or the NFL is a hypocritical entity with only profits on its mind.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Come on "fans", Ye fickle fucks, trust in Gordon. Comeback player of the year.

    Have some faith. I believe in Gordon. I know many of you do not, and you never have.

    I have his back, he's been working his tail off, trying to get ready for the comeback he's about to make.

    Some people are what we like to call "haters", and these haters are everywhere and must be dealt with accordingly. People are always looking for a way to bash Gordon and it makes me sick. Will the world ever grow up? This report has got to be bogus... and yet, our own fans have turned their back on our best player... smh. When someone fires on your guy you are supposed to have their back, not turn on your own guy. From day one he's never been given the benefit of the doubt.

    Stay strong and prove them wrong. #1 in the League. #Webarktogether

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    I am betting when the smoke clears (pun intended) there is no failed test. Any kind of failure or dilute would make no sense for them considering reinstatement. I think the red flags delaying reinstatement are. Behavior and association related.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Our best player? Right now he's less valuable than Dwayne Bowe

    At least there's still a chance he could be reinstated, but I'm not holding my breath.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #72

    I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

  • I am betting when the smoke clears (pun intended) there is no failed test. Any kind of failure or dilute would make no sense for them considering reinstatement. I think the red flags delaying reinstatement are. Behavior and association related.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @jcam222 said:

    I am betting when the smoke clears (pun intended) there is no failed test. Any kind of failure or dilute would make no sense for them considering reinstatement. I think the red flags delaying reinstatement are. Behavior and association related.

    Josh Gordon attending a MMA event and taking a photo with Manziel is not holding up his reinstatement.

    This is not real life, is it? Jesus Christ.

  • I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @poeticg said:

    I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

    You're right, innocent until proven guilty. I updated to "REPORT(s):" , because Ian Rapopport corroborated the FOX report.
  • I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @poeticg said:

    I would like to have this thread retitled to say he "allegedly failed" and the idiot part removed. This is bullshit and not everybody believes that it's true.

    Idiot until proven innocent.

    Zombo

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Fair enough. Thanks.

    Gordon is an easy target.

    #blackballed #FreeJoshGordon

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #77

    if they do reinstate him for some unknown reason....he needs to be on the trading block after his first catch. Take a supplemental pick for him at this point.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #78

    Josh Gordon's application for reinstatement was denied, per Cleveland.com

    https://t.co/eLkiYcGiT6

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Josh Gordon's petition for reinstatement from his indefinite drug ban has been denied by the NFL, a league source told cleveland.com.

    He can apply for reinstatement later in the year.

  • Josh Gordon's application for reinstatement was denied, per Cleveland.com

    https://t.co/eLkiYcGiT6

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Josh Gordon's petition for reinstatement from his indefinite drug ban has been denied by the NFL, a league source told cleveland.com.

    He can apply for reinstatement later in the year.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
    #79

    @mike-h said:

    Josh Gordon's application for reinstatement was denied, per Cleveland.com

    https://t.co/eLkiYcGiT6

    If anyone thought he was coming back...they need to get punched back up their daddys dick.
  • Come on "fans", Ye fickle fucks, trust in Gordon. Comeback player of the year.

    Have some faith. I believe in Gordon. I know many of you do not, and you never have.

    I have his back, he's been working his tail off, trying to get ready for the comeback he's about to make.

    Some people are what we like to call "haters", and these haters are everywhere and must be dealt with accordingly. People are always looking for a way to bash Gordon and it makes me sick. Will the world ever grow up? This report has got to be bogus... and yet, our own fans have turned their back on our best player... smh. When someone fires on your guy you are supposed to have their back, not turn on your own guy. From day one he's never been given the benefit of the doubt.

    Stay strong and prove them wrong. #1 in the League. #Webarktogether

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @poeticg said:

    Come on "fans", Ye fickle fucks, trust in Gordon. Comeback player of the year.

    Have some faith. I believe in Gordon. I know many of you do not, and you never have.

    I have his back, he's been working his tail off, trying to get ready for the comeback he's about to make.

    Some people are what we like to call "haters", and these haters are everywhere and must be dealt with accordingly. People are always looking for a way to bash Gordon and it makes me sick. Will the world ever grow up? This report has got to be bogus... and yet, our own fans have turned their back on our best player... smh. When someone fires on your guy you are supposed to have their back, not turn on your own guy. From day one he's never been given the benefit of the doubt.

    Stay strong and prove them wrong. #1 in the League. #Webarktogether

    You can back the dumb fuck who apparently doesn't like playing football. The rest of us will follow the Browns.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Zombo said:

    13015462_1062862653736410_50822144384560

    Wait ... I like the alternative better:

    12992969_10153555007843683_758775568_n.j

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #82

    He's a douchebag just hope this doesn't get too much media coverage and he doesn't get any empathy/sympathy