Skip to content

Ghoolie's predictions (has he ever been wrong?)

The Browns Board
81 27 2.4k
  • S SPEK216 wrote on last edited by SPEK216
    #1

    So I've been an on and off poster here, and one thing I've noticed is that VesnaKociper who you guys also call Ghoolie, is like the Charles Barkley of this board. He is usually right with what he says, but he comes off like an arrogant prick and rubs people the wrong way. However I have noticed when he goes out on a limb to predict something, he's usually right.

    Recently he's proclaimed Paxton Lynch as the best qb of this draft, and as the next Big Ben. Time will tell what happens with that. So my question is, has Ghoolie ever made a prediction that was wrong?

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Well you didn't mention Joe Thomas.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Made yet another account, I see.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #4

    You were wrong about the Cards/Packers playoff game.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    VesnaKociper said:

    So, if you had the Flux Capacitor and went back in time.and had control of the #1 draft pick... knowing what you know now........... would you pass on Tom Brady at #1 #1 because the EXPERTS told you the analytics just aren't there?

    I would take him in the sixth round where we took Spergon Wynn because I would know that no one is taking him before thne.

    My Flux Capacitor 2000 Browns draft:

    2000 1 1 1 1 Courtney Brown DE Penn State Brian Urlacher LB (Let's establish a tough-ass D right away)
    2 2 1 32 Dennis Northcutt WR Arizona Chad Clifton T (Need to protect Couch Brady)
    3 3 1 63 Travis Prentice RB Miami (OH) Laverneous Coles WR (Solid option for Couch Brady)
    4 3 17 79 JaJuan Dawson WR Darrell Jackson WR (bookends for Couch Brady)
    5 4 1 95 Lewis Sanders DB MarylandTulane Na'il Diggs LB (We are going to be a tough lineback team)
    6 4 16 110 Aaron Shea TE Michigan Cooper Carlisle G (Need guards)
    7 5 1 130 Anthony Malbrough DB Texas Tech Clark Haggans, LB (I think we are set at LB)
    8 5 17 146 Lamar Chapman DB Kansas State Robaire Smith, DE (Need a big body on that dline in front of my LBs)
    9 6 17 183 Spergon Wynn QB Southwest Texas State Tom Brady, QB (Oh, the looks on the faces after I traded Couch)
    Ok ... fuck these garbage picks:
    10 6 40 206 Brad Bedell G Colorado
    11 7 1 207 Manuia Savea G Arizona
    12 7 3 209 Eric Chandler DE Jackson State
    13 7 19 225 Rashidi Barnes DB Colorado
    I am trading them all to Baltimore, along with Tim Couch, for their 2nd in 2000 and 1st in 2001.
    With the extra second I take Mike Brown, S.
    With Baltimore's #1 the next year (They don't win the SB, Couch loses in the Playoffs to Titans) I take Reggie Wayne, and with ours I take Ladanian Tomlinson
    After another draft or two, I am set: I win 9 Super Bowls, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New England win none.
    That's how you use a flux capacitor.
    Zombo
  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #6

    A long winded troll complimenting himself with another account. The lengths he goes to in order to be a D level troll.

  • ErnieCamacho84E ErnieCamacho84 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I can't wait to re-invent myself as a "winner" after my mid-life tailspin/divorce/bankruptcy and then tell everyone on an internet message board how great I am.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #8

    When Paxton Lynch goes to a team other than the Browns he's going to go ape shit.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Ghoolie's track record is probably not far off what the rest of us predict. He gets some right, he gets some wrong. I know he was right about Kordell and Johnny......I don't recall him making the other predictions he notes (not saying he didn't do them....just saying I don't recall them).

    It WILL be interesting to see how his prediction about Paxton Lynch turns out. I have not actually seen him be so vociferous about a player as Lynch. Certain indications are out there that the Browns FO may agree with him on Wentz/Goff.

    If the Browns do a trade down....to say 10-12 (and getting some extra first round picks for the future), it would not surprise me to see them take Lynch.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #10

    He predicted that playing the accordion would make him cool. That's all you need to know.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Well, if ya shoot enough wet paper wads at a wall, some of em will stick.

    not that much to brag about...

  • He predicted that playing the accordion would make him cool. That's all you need to know.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He predicted that playing the accordion would make him cool. That's all you need to know.

    Its cool enough. Can you do it?

  • A long winded troll complimenting himself with another account. The lengths he goes to in order to be a D level troll.

    S SPEK216 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @logicisforsquares said:

    A long winded troll complimenting himself with another account. The lengths he goes to in order to be a D level troll.

    While I'm sure this is something he's done before, I can assure you I'm not him. It's just the whole dynamic is hilarious. Like I said, he's the Charles Barkley of this board.. Even down to his hatred of analytics haha

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    A long winded troll complimenting himself with another account. The lengths he goes to in order to be a D level troll.

    While I'm sure this is something he's done before, I can assure you I'm not him. It's just the whole dynamic is hilarious. Like I said, he's the Charles Barkley of this board.. Even down to his hatred of analytics haha

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @spek216 said:

    While I'm sure this is something he's done before, I can assure you I'm not him. It's just the whole dynamic is hilarious. Like I said, he's the Charles Barkley of this board.. Even down to his hatred of analytics haha

    He does bare a certain resemblence to Barkley. The Round Mound of Reverb.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    if you think charles barkley is cool, wellโ€ฆโ€ฆ.nuff said.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #16

    VesnaKociper said:

    You are SURE? No shit? I have been hearing that for a long time......... yet no proof of it. Not something I have EVER done.

    HOWEVER............. the REAL dumb fucks are those who can't come up with any other explanation for those who support me, so "D'UH he just created another identity.

    I guess I didn't want to believe that someone would encourage your room temp IQ trolling.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    VesnaKociper said:

    Ah, could you please also add to that Guitar, Bass, Dobro, Mandolin, Piano, Keys, Harmonica, Violin, Balalaika, Banjo (4 and 5 string) Uke, Baso, quinto, Sexto, Bouzouki, concertina, Bagpipes, Dulcimer, and a few others?

    If I am going to be called a loser for playing a musical instrument, please really make me look like a total fucking loser and make fun of me for playing all that other dumb shit, too.

    Tim Couch Pulls Out? Actually, it's Tim Couch was PULLED OUT............... Pulled out of his mothers ass 4 months too early.

    Me? I can't play any of those.....but I can play the ultimate musical Instrument: The radio. And the stereo. And the CD player etc.

  • When Paxton Lynch goes to a team other than the Browns he's going to go ape shit.

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #18

    One Post From the Truth said:

    When Paxton Lynch goes to a team other than the Browns he's going to go ape shit.

    I'd figure he'd be happy as shit.

  • StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
    #19

    Noticed nobody here messes with Vesna. You'd give him your lunch money if he told you to hand it over.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #20

    For the record, it's very easy and extremely free to mask your IP address.

    Not that I think Ghoolie is doing this. He has his own brand of asshole that is easily identifiable. If there were a Ghoolie knockoff, you'd know it.

    No, this is just a case of poor, poor judgment on another poster's part.