Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. My 2016 Browns Draft

My 2016 Browns Draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 7 Posters 609 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 959 Reputation
    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by darren15
    #1
    All my picks are in .....


    Cleveland Browns


    Joey Bosa - Defensive End

    Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker

    Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver

    Jack Allen - Center

    Jonathan Williams - Running Back

    Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard

    Kevin Byard - Safety

    Kevin Hogan - Quarterback

    Ben Braunecker - Tight End

    William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback


    OK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......

    Let me defend myself a little first


    No QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.

    Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.


    I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality

    The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 23k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Bosa is too slow to play OLB in the 3-4 and will get mauled in the DE position. Just not a good fit unless we switch to the 4-3. I do like both Shepard and Allen picks.

      QB-is ok. I too would not waste a #2 on a QB only to have him torn apart with a too early entry when RG III and Josh inevitably go down. Trade down for more D players in a very strong D class.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • gftChris gftChrisG
        • 13k Posts
        • 428 Reputation
        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Bosa as edge rusher, and then another edge rusher with our second pick? Not feeling that.

        I like Shepherd in the third round.

        Don't see us drafting a center, I see Erving taking that spot. Just MHO.

        Kevin hogan - not a fan.

        Also when someone's position is listed as 'something/full back' it might as well just be 'special teams fodder' 😁

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • darren15D darren15
          All my picks are in .....


          Cleveland Browns


          Joey Bosa - Defensive End

          Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker

          Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver

          Jack Allen - Center

          Jonathan Williams - Running Back

          Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard

          Kevin Byard - Safety

          Kevin Hogan - Quarterback

          Ben Braunecker - Tight End

          William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback


          OK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......

          Let me defend myself a little first


          No QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.

          Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.


          I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @darren15 said:

          All my picks are in .....
          Cleveland Browns
          Joey Bosa - Defensive End
          Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker
          Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver
          Jack Allen - Center
          Jonathan Williams - Running Back
          Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard
          Kevin Byard - Safety
          Kevin Hogan - Quarterback
          Ben Braunecker - Tight End
          William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback
          OK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......
          Let me defend myself a little first
          No QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.
          Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.
          I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality

          Put your entry on the Mock Draft Contest thread.

          darren15D 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The GipperT The Gipper

            @darren15 said:

            All my picks are in .....
            Cleveland Browns
            Joey Bosa - Defensive End
            Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker
            Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver
            Jack Allen - Center
            Jonathan Williams - Running Back
            Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard
            Kevin Byard - Safety
            Kevin Hogan - Quarterback
            Ben Braunecker - Tight End
            William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback
            OK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......
            Let me defend myself a little first
            No QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.
            Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.
            I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality

            Put your entry on the Mock Draft Contest thread.

            darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 4k Posts
            • 959 Reputation
            darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @the-gipper said:

            Put your entry on the Mock Draft Contest thread.

            I done it already ....this one is the draft I would do the other one is what I think the Browns will do....completely different ....but I have submitted one in the contest

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
              #6
              Joey Bosa - Defensive End Totally NO. Not a fit, especially this high. NO.

              Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker Not my favorite pick, need stronger run stopper NO

              Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver Only 5'10' but he'd be a fine pick. Might not be there. Excellent replacement for Benjamin. Wish he was 2-3 inches taller... YES

              Jack Allen - Center rather have Irving at Center, NO

              Jonathan Williams - Running Back could be a steal, if he's here, his foot injury is ..questionable. YES

              Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard More injury questions - needs to move inside. NO.

              Kevin Byard - Safety A really nice pick here. YES

              Kevin Hogan - Quarterback I really like Hogan as a later round pick. He will never make this far, though. NO WORKEE

              Ben Braunecker - Tight End I don't believe he will fall this far. But if he did, Outstanding pick. YES

              William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback At 5'10"?, 251 lbs.. Might be a steal. Interesting. YES

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • darren15D darren15
                All my picks are in .....


                Cleveland Browns


                Joey Bosa - Defensive End

                Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker

                Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver

                Jack Allen - Center

                Jonathan Williams - Running Back

                Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard

                Kevin Byard - Safety

                Kevin Hogan - Quarterback

                Ben Braunecker - Tight End

                William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback


                OK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......

                Let me defend myself a little first


                No QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.

                Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.


                I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality

                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @darren15 said:

                All my picks are in .....
                Cleveland Browns
                Joey Bosa - Defensive End....Best Player in the draft.
                Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker...not if we just took a similar player.
                Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver A bit Small, may prefer a bigger guy.
                Jack Allen - Center Backup who could win job? Sure
                Jonathan Williams - Running Back probably need another for the stable.
                Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard Depth again at OL...OK
                Kevin Byard - Safety May need to go higher at this position with loss of Gipson
                Kevin Hogan - Quarterback If they haven't taken one earlier, sure, worth a shot.
                Ben Braunecker - Tight End We have players there now....but he intrigues me.
                William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback Special teamer. That is what round 7 is probably for.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 5k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I've heard several analysts say that if Bosa were to go to a 3-4 defense, he'd probably be a "situational" type player, and would come in on pass rushes packages. I don't know how true that is, but it's definitely a theme I've heard a few times. At number two, I want MORE than just a situational type guy. Of course, Bosa could shine in camp and turn into a solid 3 down starter, but I think the point is moot right now. I am starting to believe we're trading down, and I think we already know who we're trading down with.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 30k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    darren,

                    I liked the job you did as Commissioner... 😉

                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate