My 2016 Browns Draft
-
All my picks are in .....Cleveland BrownsJoey Bosa - Defensive EndLeonard Floyd - Outside LinebackerSterling Shepard - Wide ReceiverJack Allen - CenterJonathan Williams - Running BackRees Odihambo - Offensive GuardKevin Byard - SafetyKevin Hogan - QuarterbackBen Braunecker - Tight EndWilliam Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/FullbackOK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......Let me defend myself a little firstNo QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality
-
Bosa is too slow to play OLB in the 3-4 and will get mauled in the DE position. Just not a good fit unless we switch to the 4-3. I do like both Shepard and Allen picks.
QB-is ok. I too would not waste a #2 on a QB only to have him torn apart with a too early entry when RG III and Josh inevitably go down. Trade down for more D players in a very strong D class.
-
Bosa as edge rusher, and then another edge rusher with our second pick? Not feeling that.
I like Shepherd in the third round.
Don't see us drafting a center, I see Erving taking that spot. Just MHO.
Kevin hogan - not a fan.
Also when someone's position is listed as 'something/full back' it might as well just be 'special teams fodder'

-
All my picks are in .....Cleveland BrownsJoey Bosa - Defensive EndLeonard Floyd - Outside LinebackerSterling Shepard - Wide ReceiverJack Allen - CenterJonathan Williams - Running BackRees Odihambo - Offensive GuardKevin Byard - SafetyKevin Hogan - QuarterbackBen Braunecker - Tight EndWilliam Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/FullbackOK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......Let me defend myself a little firstNo QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality
All my picks are in .....Cleveland BrownsJoey Bosa - Defensive EndLeonard Floyd - Outside LinebackerSterling Shepard - Wide ReceiverJack Allen - CenterJonathan Williams - Running BackRees Odihambo - Offensive GuardKevin Byard - SafetyKevin Hogan - QuarterbackBen Braunecker - Tight EndWilliam Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/FullbackOK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......Let me defend myself a little firstNo QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in realityPut your entry on the Mock Draft Contest thread.
-
All my picks are in .....Cleveland BrownsJoey Bosa - Defensive EndLeonard Floyd - Outside LinebackerSterling Shepard - Wide ReceiverJack Allen - CenterJonathan Williams - Running BackRees Odihambo - Offensive GuardKevin Byard - SafetyKevin Hogan - QuarterbackBen Braunecker - Tight EndWilliam Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/FullbackOK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......Let me defend myself a little firstNo QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality
Put your entry on the Mock Draft Contest thread.
Put your entry on the Mock Draft Contest thread.
I done it already ....this one is the draft I would do the other one is what I think the Browns will do....completely different ....but I have submitted one in the contest
-
Joey Bosa - Defensive End Totally NO. Not a fit, especially this high. NO.Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker Not my favorite pick, need stronger run stopper NOSterling Shepard - Wide Receiver Only 5'10' but he'd be a fine pick. Might not be there. Excellent replacement for Benjamin. Wish he was 2-3 inches taller... YESJack Allen - Center rather have Irving at Center, NOJonathan Williams - Running Back could be a steal, if he's here, his foot injury is ..questionable. YESRees Odihambo - Offensive Guard More injury questions - needs to move inside. NO.Kevin Byard - Safety A really nice pick here. YESKevin Hogan - Quarterback I really like Hogan as a later round pick. He will never make this far, though. NO WORKEEBen Braunecker - Tight End I don't believe he will fall this far. But if he did, Outstanding pick. YESWilliam Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback At 5'10"?, 251 lbs.. Might be a steal. Interesting. YES
-
All my picks are in .....Cleveland BrownsJoey Bosa - Defensive EndLeonard Floyd - Outside LinebackerSterling Shepard - Wide ReceiverJack Allen - CenterJonathan Williams - Running BackRees Odihambo - Offensive GuardKevin Byard - SafetyKevin Hogan - QuarterbackBen Braunecker - Tight EndWilliam Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/FullbackOK folks ...time to rip me to shreds...what do you like what do you hate...would you be happy with this draft or lynch me from a tree in Cleveland ......Let me defend myself a little firstNo QB in this draft is worthy of #2 so I took one of the 3 best players available in Bosa .....adding Floyd at 32 gave us a shit hot pass rush for years to come. Floyd projected top 15 in some drafts.Sterling Shepard is a great receiver.....mainly in the slot but can be effective outside and was great value in the 3rd ........ Jack Allen the center is a team leader and future 10 year starter .....Jonathan Williams adds depth at the RB position and is a nice pick up in the 4th, what I like about him is his ability to make tacklers miss......Rees Odihambo is projected by some drafts a top 75 prospect...steal in the position I got him, coming off an injury but he has worked out for 6 or 7 teams .......Kevin Byard is a filler at a much needed position ....ball hawk of a safety. and can hit very hard....Kevin Hogan is a 2nd or 3rd round QB obtained at the bottom of the 5th.....leader and already runs an NFL style offense.....our coach will have fun coaching him .....Ben Braunecker is a blocking TE with catching ability...helps the position alot and I am as excited for my last pick as any William Ratelle.....team leader, work room beast who gives his all for 4 quarters, also plays fullback in red zone and short yardage needs...... lots of people saying he could go as high as the 4th round ...some say undrafted.....I like him and consider him a risk free investment at the top of the 7th.I tried to cover as many holes as I could with this draft and looked at character as well as ability....I am happy with it but lets see how these perform in reality
All my picks are in .....Cleveland BrownsJoey Bosa - Defensive End....Best Player in the draft.Leonard Floyd - Outside Linebacker...not if we just took a similar player.Sterling Shepard - Wide Receiver A bit Small, may prefer a bigger guy.Jack Allen - Center Backup who could win job? SureJonathan Williams - Running Back probably need another for the stable.Rees Odihambo - Offensive Guard Depth again at OL...OKKevin Byard - Safety May need to go higher at this position with loss of GipsonKevin Hogan - Quarterback If they haven't taken one earlier, sure, worth a shot.Ben Braunecker - Tight End We have players there now....but he intrigues me.William Ratelle - Inside Linebacker/Fullback Special teamer. That is what round 7 is probably for. -
I've heard several analysts say that if Bosa were to go to a 3-4 defense, he'd probably be a "situational" type player, and would come in on pass rushes packages. I don't know how true that is, but it's definitely a theme I've heard a few times. At number two, I want MORE than just a situational type guy. Of course, Bosa could shine in camp and turn into a solid 3 down starter, but I think the point is moot right now. I am starting to believe we're trading down, and I think we already know who we're trading down with.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
