Brian Hoyer released by Texans
-
Zombo said:
What's wrong with being a career backup who can play for you in a pinch? Not bad for an undrafted guy.
Who are these phantom Browns fans with "what if" scenarios?
I have never heard one Browns fan on this board wish we still had Hoyer starting. Not one.
Are you having imaginary arguments in your head ... or did you come from another board where they hold Brian Hoyer in great esteem?
Zombo
I wish that Hoyer had played for us the same way he did at the beginning of 2014 when the team started 7-4 and challenging for the playoffs. But I don't want the Hoyer that crashed and burned after that.
Does anyone have or has anyone heard a rationale explanation for Hoyer's demise that year?
I have heard: Alex Mack got hurt. His suckage just caught up with him. He was worried more about getting a contract done than wanting to finish the season right. etc. etc.
Does any of this ring true? (or, maybe all of it?)
I wish that Hoyer had played for us the same way he did at the beginning of 2014 when the team started 7-4 and challenging for the playoffs. But I don't want the Hoyer that crashed and burned after that.
Does anyone have or has anyone heard a rationale explanation for Hoyer's demise that year?
I have heard: Alex Mack got hurt. His suckage just caught up with him. He was worried more about getting a contract done than wanting to finish the season right. etc. etc.
Does any of this ring true? (or, maybe all of it?)
Um where did you hear Mack got hurt? Link?
-
I'd take Derek Anderson or Brian Hoyer over Kessler right now.
I'd take Derek Anderson or Brian Hoyer over Kessler right now.
I'd take DA or Hoyer AND Kessler right now, maybe start Kessler for now and see how this goes?
-
I'd take Derek Anderson or Brian Hoyer over Kessler right now.
I'd take DA or Hoyer AND Kessler right now, maybe start Kessler for now and see how this goes?
-
Kessler's arm strength doesn't seem like it is NFL material and I'm not of the opinion that will vastly improve with age. You can either spin it or you can't.
Well we'll see if he can hit Pryor deep that will be super important to open this offense up.
We saw what non-NFL arms can do to a team like Couch for example, can't go deep the defense will stuff you up close.
-
I wish that Hoyer had played for us the same way he did at the beginning of 2014 when the team started 7-4 and challenging for the playoffs. But I don't want the Hoyer that crashed and burned after that.
Does anyone have or has anyone heard a rationale explanation for Hoyer's demise that year?
I have heard: Alex Mack got hurt. His suckage just caught up with him. He was worried more about getting a contract done than wanting to finish the season right. etc. etc.
Does any of this ring true? (or, maybe all of it?)
Um where did you hear Mack got hurt? Link?
-
2014
Yeah- that was Gipper. I thought he was talking something 2016.
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
-
I wish that Hoyer had played for us the same way he did at the beginning of 2014 when the team started 7-4 and challenging for the playoffs. But I don't want the Hoyer that crashed and burned after that.
Does anyone have or has anyone heard a rationale explanation for Hoyer's demise that year?
I have heard: Alex Mack got hurt. His suckage just caught up with him. He was worried more about getting a contract done than wanting to finish the season right. etc. etc.
Does any of this ring true? (or, maybe all of it?)
Um where did you hear Mack got hurt? Link?
Um where did you hear Mack got hurt? Link?
2014....Mack got hurt after playing only 5 games.....don't you remember?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MackAl20.htm
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
Yup...
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Still keep tabs on Luke McCown.
Christian Yount was with the Patriots this Summer. In fact they have had 14 ex-Browns on their roster this year.
Probably Lombardi advised on lot of those in his brief tenure with the Pats.
Zombo
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Still keep tabs on Luke McCown.
Christian Yount was with the Patriots this Summer. In fact they have had 14 ex-Browns on their roster this year.
Probably Lombardi advised on lot of those in his brief tenure with the Pats.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Still keep tabs on Luke McCown.
Christian Yount was with the Patriots this Summer. In fact they have had 14 ex-Browns on their roster this year.
Probably Lombardi advised on lot of those in his brief tenure with the Pats.
Zombo
And Terrance West is doing fairly well for the Ravens. Leads in fantasy football ownership right now.
-
Um where did you hear Mack got hurt? Link?
2014....Mack got hurt after playing only 5 games.....don't you remember?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MackAl20.htm
2014....Mack got hurt after playing only 5 games.....don't you remember?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MackAl20.htm
Of course I remember Goober! I thought you were talking about a new injury in 2016.

-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Still keep tabs on Luke McCown.
Christian Yount was with the Patriots this Summer. In fact they have had 14 ex-Browns on their roster this year.
Probably Lombardi advised on lot of those in his brief tenure with the Pats.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Dick Ambrose went to law school with me at Cleveland-Marshall. (if you are checking up on certain former Browns....and he was a juvenile judge for some time...may still be)
-
Zombo said:
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Dick Ambrose went to law school with me at Cleveland-Marshall. (if you are checking up on certain former Browns....and he was a juvenile judge for some time...may still be)
Dick Ambrose went to law school with me at Cleveland-Marshall. (if you are checking up on certain former Browns....and he was a juvenile judge for some time...may still be)
Some are pretty cool about it. Remember Jim Kanicki he was one of our steel customers in the 1980s.
Back then more players were more serious about second careers as necessities after football compared to today's much higher paid players that can save a fortune while playing... if they're smart.
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
How forward do we have to look, 2020: A Browns Odyssey
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
That has to come through success from the team....it wasnt long ago that the Cleveland Browns fans were considered the best...the loudest....the proudest....and the most fanatical of all fans......not long ago at all....
And now, those same fans that have backed the team(no questions asked) for decade after decade after decade, are falling by the way side.....why, you ask?.....because the team has not lived up to their side of the bargain and they have delivered crap for 2 straight DECADES.....so, how long does one love another(blindly), while continuously getting kicked in the balls?
Every year....every single year.....we look forward, hope, pray, etc.....and then get our hearts ripped out.....and people say "be patient"....they'll get better....rooks will step up....wait for them to gel.....so and so is gonna be a star....THIS is the week.....blah blah blah....and, then, like clock work, they self destruct, fall apart and deliver crap on a plate......
Personally.....I dont spend much time "looking back"....I know water under the bridge is gone.....but I NOW need something more than words to convince me the team is on the right track....tangible evidence....proof.....cause Im tired of giving them my all(40+ years now) and then getting disappointed, depressed and embarrassed on a weekly basis.....footballs supposed to be fun, so its not an equitable arrangement
So now....nationally....NO ONE considers the Browns fans to be the most fervent or "best"....and, that my friend, is not the fans fault.
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Still keep tabs on Luke McCown.
Christian Yount was with the Patriots this Summer. In fact they have had 14 ex-Browns on their roster this year.
Probably Lombardi advised on lot of those in his brief tenure with the Pats.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I think it is quite normal to check up on former Browns, I've done it all my life.
Nothing wrong with a little "where are they now" action...
It's the seemingly ever-constant woulda-shoulda-coulda that gets old fast...
... also gets ridiculous fast when it includes a RB that would at best be third string on our current team.
-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
How forward do we have to look, 2020: A Browns Odyssey
How forward do we have to look, 2020: A Browns Odyssey
And do we look forward with 20/20 foresight or will we again be looking backwards at that time with 20/20 hindsight?

-
Man there really needs to be a culture change in the stands as well as in the facility.
Constantly looking back, it's time to look forward.
That has to come through success from the team....it wasnt long ago that the Cleveland Browns fans were considered the best...the loudest....the proudest....and the most fanatical of all fans......not long ago at all....
And now, those same fans that have backed the team(no questions asked) for decade after decade after decade, are falling by the way side.....why, you ask?.....because the team has not lived up to their side of the bargain and they have delivered crap for 2 straight DECADES.....so, how long does one love another(blindly), while continuously getting kicked in the balls?
Every year....every single year.....we look forward, hope, pray, etc.....and then get our hearts ripped out.....and people say "be patient"....they'll get better....rooks will step up....wait for them to gel.....so and so is gonna be a star....THIS is the week.....blah blah blah....and, then, like clock work, they self destruct, fall apart and deliver crap on a plate......
Personally.....I dont spend much time "looking back"....I know water under the bridge is gone.....but I NOW need something more than words to convince me the team is on the right track....tangible evidence....proof.....cause Im tired of giving them my all(40+ years now) and then getting disappointed, depressed and embarrassed on a weekly basis.....footballs supposed to be fun, so its not an equitable arrangement
So now....nationally....NO ONE considers the Browns fans to be the most fervent or "best"....and, that my friend, is not the fans fault.
The once fanatic dog pound has been somewhat spayed and neutered through no real fault of their own. Started somewhat with the move from the ol' and antiquated but memory filled Muni to the new and somewhat sanatised CBS, just a different feel but still the pound had some respect.That has to come through success from the team....it wasnt long......
....So now....nationally....NO ONE considers the Browns fans to be the most fervent or "best"....and, that my friend, is not the fans fault.
Now after a multitude of coaches, bad draft decisions and a laughing stock of revolving door QBs and here we are in 2016.
Do we still have good loyal fans of course we do is this reversible of course it is but the BROWNS powers in charge better come up with some some magic to get this franchise over the .500 mark.....remember the 1960 - 1980s Indians? Yes it can be done.
GO BROWNS & INDIANS, beating two Boston area teams Sunday sure would be uplifting.
......meanwhile the CAVALIERS can polish their rings and get ready for another season.

-
The once fanatic dog pound has been somewhat spayed and neutered through no real fault of their own. Started somewhat with the move from the ol' and antiquated but memory filled Muni to the new and somewhat sanatised CBS, just a different feel but still the pound had some respect.That has to come through success from the team....it wasnt long......
....So now....nationally....NO ONE considers the Browns fans to be the most fervent or "best"....and, that my friend, is not the fans fault.
Now after a multitude of coaches, bad draft decisions and a laughing stock of revolving door QBs and here we are in 2016.
Do we still have good loyal fans of course we do is this reversible of course it is but the BROWNS powers in charge better come up with some some magic to get this franchise over the .500 mark.....remember the 1960 - 1980s Indians? Yes it can be done.
GO BROWNS & INDIANS, beating two Boston area teams Sunday sure would be uplifting.
......meanwhile the CAVALIERS can polish their rings and get ready for another season.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login