Skip to content

Camp Zeke

The Browns Board
170 36 4.1k
  • @hoorta said:

    The problem with yet another trade down, is the Browns would be running out of elite talent fast- unless you think their analytics have targeted a guy in the mid first they really like. I'm OK with Buckner if Zeke is gone- but Ramsey will not make it past the Ravens.

    BTW, Sashi has said they're confident a great prospect will be there at #8. As I've said, we already have 12 picks this year, do we really need more? The rumored trade up from the Dolphins is a net 250 points- meaning their third and a fifth. IMHO not worth it to pass on a potentially great player to take a flyer in the third round.

    If Ramsey and Tunsil are both on the board?

    @gftchris said:

    If Ramsey and Tunsil are both on the board?

    You mean for the Browns at #8? Very long odds of that Chris. Neither would get past the Ravens @ #6, and assuming San Diego doesn't trade out of #3, they will take the other.

    I'd take Ramsey if there. But other than a sieve defense, the main problem Cleveland has is zero playmakers on offense. I'm sure not counting on Gordon getting reinstated in August. The only way the Browns would take Tunsil is if they can work out a trade for a first round pick in exchange for Joe Thomas. The way Hue has been talking, Joe is still in their plans.

  • I meant for the ravens at #6 (you said no way they pass on Ramsey).

    I can see us taking Tunsil, going with the ol' reliable method of building from the "inside out" or "ground up" or "trenches" or your cliche of choice. We have a need at RT, and Tunsil would take over for JT, when he retires after his long awaited superbowl win superbowl appearance playoff win playoff appearance in a few years. It would be tough to pick though, and as you say, unlikely. If we're looking at a draft that, entirely possibly, goes:

    Rams - Wentz/Goff

    Eagles - Goff/Wentz

    SD - Buckner

    Boys - Elliott

    Jags - Bosa

    Ravens - Buckner

    49ers - Stanley/Lynch

    ...yeah, actually, that probably won't happen.

  • I don't see a scenario where Tunsil or Ramsey is available at #8. I just can't. Tunsil looks like a damn gazelle running around as a left tackle. He's far too athletic to be that size, and he's going to be scooped up at the LATEST by the Ravens at 6.

    Ramsey plays a position that typically isn't drafted too early, but he has a lot of appeal. He'd basically be like a new toy for any defensive coordinator, and he could line up all over the field. I will say this, if Ramsey is available at 8, we pick him and don't think twice. We lost both safeties, and we could use him immediately. And if he translates to corner, we could use him there too. I could really see the Cowboys drafting this guy, and I'd be happy for him. Playing for Dallas is a huge thrill for a young man.

  • I meant for the ravens at #6 (you said no way they pass on Ramsey).

    I can see us taking Tunsil, going with the ol' reliable method of building from the "inside out" or "ground up" or "trenches" or your cliche of choice. We have a need at RT, and Tunsil would take over for JT, when he retires after his long awaited superbowl win superbowl appearance playoff win playoff appearance in a few years. It would be tough to pick though, and as you say, unlikely. If we're looking at a draft that, entirely possibly, goes:

    Rams - Wentz/Goff

    Eagles - Goff/Wentz

    SD - Buckner

    Boys - Elliott

    Jags - Bosa

    Ravens - Buckner

    49ers - Stanley/Lynch

    ...yeah, actually, that probably won't happen.

    @gftchris said:

    I meant for the ravens at #6 (you said no way they pass on Ramsey).

    I can see us taking Tunsil, going with the ol' reliable method of building from the "inside out" or "ground up" or "trenches" or your cliche of choice. We have a need at RT, and Tunsil would take over for JT, when he retires after his long awaited superbowl win superbowl appearance playoff win playoff appearance in a few years. It would be tough to pick though, and as you say, unlikely. If we're looking at a draft that, entirely possibly, goes:

    Rams - Wentz/Goff

    Eagles - Goff/Wentz

    SD - Buckner

    Boys - Elliott

    Jags - Bosa

    Ravens - Buckner

    49ers - Stanley/Lynch

    ...yeah, actually, that probably won't happen.

    Whos the other Buckner?????
  • @gftchris said:

    I meant for the ravens at #6 (you said no way they pass on Ramsey).

    I can see us taking Tunsil, going with the ol' reliable method of building from the "inside out" or "ground up" or "trenches" or your cliche of choice. We have a need at RT, and Tunsil would take over for JT, when he retires after his long awaited superbowl win superbowl appearance playoff win playoff appearance in a few years. It would be tough to pick though, and as you say, unlikely. If we're looking at a draft that, entirely possibly, goes:

    Rams - Wentz/Goff

    Eagles - Goff/Wentz

    SD - Buckner

    Boys - Elliott

    Jags - Bosa

    Ravens - Buckner

    49ers - Stanley/Lynch

    ...yeah, actually, that probably won't happen.

    Whos the other Buckner?????

    @flyin-j said:

    Whos the other Buckner?????

    Bill

  • A top 10 pick should be a "can't miss prospect". Is anyone more "can't miss" than Zeke? RB isn't a fringe position. It's not like taking a fucking kicker first round. Roll the dice on one pick that could be the most complete back since Marshall Faulk. Every team in the league would take Gurley top 10 now and Zeke is a better overall back, with no medical concerns. His versatility is ridiculous. He'll probably have a better career than any QB in this draft. If he falls to 8 he's Best Player Available. This team misses on first rounders all the time. Just take a superstar talent with the least holes in his game and let him matter on every offensive play. One pick. Low risk. High reward.

  • I'm never averse to having the top player at whatever position in the league.

    Whether it's Joe Thomas or Ryan Pontbriand...

    I'd be glad to have Zeke Elliott.

    WSS

  • Elliot is one of my choices at 8; so, I am good with it. Just so long as we don't use the pick for someone that will probably be available in the third round because someone told Haslam that he was worth it.

  • Elliot is one of my choices at 8; so, I am good with it. Just so long as we don't use the pick for someone that will probably be available in the third round because someone told Haslam that he was worth it.

    @joedawg69 said:

    Elliot is one of my choices at 8; so, I am good with it. Just so long as we don't use the pick for someone that will probably be available in the third round because someone told Haslam that he was worth it.

    Keep him away from homeless shelters.

  • @joedawg69 said:

    Elliot is one of my choices at 8; so, I am good with it. Just so long as we don't use the pick for someone that will probably be available in the third round because someone told Haslam that he was worth it.

    Keep him away from homeless shelters.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Keep him away from homeless shelters.

    Elliott or Haslam?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Keep him away from homeless shelters.

    Elliott or Haslam?

    @gftchris said:

    Elliott or Haslam?

    Haslam. He gets advise from hobos.

  • @gftchris said:

    Elliott or Haslam?

    Haslam. He gets advise from hobos.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Haslam. He gets advise from hobos.

    I think I was trying to be funny, but for the life of me I can't figure out how. And yes, that was only 15 minutes ago.

  • @gftchris said:

    Elliott or Haslam?

    Haslam. He gets advise from hobos.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Haslam. He gets advise from hobos.

    And as I recall Harvard graduates. Both of which seemed to offer the same quality of advice.

    😉

    WSS

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Haslam. He gets advise from hobos.

    And as I recall Harvard graduates. Both of which seemed to offer the same quality of advice.

    😉

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And as I recall Harvard graduates. Both of which seemed to offer the same quality of advice.

    😉

    WSS

    I guess we will definitely find out after this draft.

    Next year, it could be the brain trust of Boxcar Willy and Trashcan Clyde.

  • @the-gipper said:

    On Mike and Mike this morning, Bill Polian said that Ezekiel Elliot was the #1 BEST player available in this draft. That he would have no hesitation in taking him #1 overall even.

    Could be the reason Bill is no longer a GM... 😎

    @tour2ma said:

    Could be the reason Bill is no longer a GM... 😎

    Polian could certainly have a GM job if he wanted one. Do you doubt that? I mean, they just elected him to the Hall of Fame.

  • FYI, in ESPNs mock draft which they aired last night, the Browns at #8 took: Ezekiel Elliot Running Back, Ohio St.

    (and Bosa was still on the board....he went next at 9)

  • FYI, in ESPNs mock draft which they aired last night, the Browns at #8 took: Ezekiel Elliot Running Back, Ohio St.

    (and Bosa was still on the board....he went next at 9)

    @the-gipper said:

    FYI, in ESPNs mock draft which they aired last night, the Browns at #8 took: Ezekiel Elliot Running Back, Ohio St.

    (and Bosa was still on the board....he went next at 9)

    i'd be OK with that, Elliot would help ease some of the burden off of our injury-prone QBs

  • @the-gipper said:

    FYI, in ESPNs mock draft which they aired last night, the Browns at #8 took: Ezekiel Elliot Running Back, Ohio St.

    (and Bosa was still on the board....he went next at 9)

    i'd be OK with that, Elliot would help ease some of the burden off of our injury-prone QBs

    @browns1216 said:

    i'd be OK with that, Elliot would help ease some of the burden off of our injury-prone QBs

    As big of a fan of Zeke's game that I am... I would have trouble with that decision.

  • Would much rather see us trade back for a team in the late teens/ early twenties that REALLY wants Zeke and get a second round pick in this year's draft.

    The way it stands right now, I think we can really afford to take a gamble on Jaylon in rd. 3. With the amount of mid-round picks we have, we're not reliant on him being a contributor at all. Even if he completely busts and never steps foot on the field, he's one of 13 picks this year. Assuming we hit on 25% of those picks (and that's a very low number to assume), that's three picks that end up positively contributing to us - which is a solid draft for us in most years.

    Once again, I fail to see how it would be a bad thing.

  • Even a move to 8 from the mid teens should net a 2nd...

    As for Smith? I'd prefer to see it used either for an individual prospect or as part of a trade package back up into the 2nd.