Skip to content

Camp Zeke

The Browns Board
170 36 4.1k
  • @the-gipper said:

    FYI, in ESPNs mock draft which they aired last night, the Browns at #8 took: Ezekiel Elliot Running Back, Ohio St.

    (and Bosa was still on the board....he went next at 9)

    i'd be OK with that, Elliot would help ease some of the burden off of our injury-prone QBs

    @browns1216 said:

    i'd be OK with that, Elliot would help ease some of the burden off of our injury-prone QBs

    As big of a fan of Zeke's game that I am... I would have trouble with that decision.

  • Would much rather see us trade back for a team in the late teens/ early twenties that REALLY wants Zeke and get a second round pick in this year's draft.

    The way it stands right now, I think we can really afford to take a gamble on Jaylon in rd. 3. With the amount of mid-round picks we have, we're not reliant on him being a contributor at all. Even if he completely busts and never steps foot on the field, he's one of 13 picks this year. Assuming we hit on 25% of those picks (and that's a very low number to assume), that's three picks that end up positively contributing to us - which is a solid draft for us in most years.

    Once again, I fail to see how it would be a bad thing.

  • Even a move to 8 from the mid teens should net a 2nd...

    As for Smith? I'd prefer to see it used either for an individual prospect or as part of a trade package back up into the 2nd.

  • Even a move to 8 from the mid teens should net a 2nd...

    As for Smith? I'd prefer to see it used either for an individual prospect or as part of a trade package back up into the 2nd.

    @tour2ma said:

    Even a move to 8 from the mid teens should net a 2nd...

    As for Smith? I'd prefer to see it used either for an individual prospect or as part of a trade package back up into the 2nd.

    Is Smith a group prospect?

  • @browns1216 said:

    i'd be OK with that, Elliot would help ease some of the burden off of our injury-prone QBs

    As big of a fan of Zeke's game that I am... I would have trouble with that decision.

    @tiamat63 said:

    As big of a fan of Zeke's game that I am... I would have trouble with that decision.

    I don't think Zeke will be their but... I don't see us re-signing Crow after next season either. Hue had a combo of Hill & Bernard. Duke & Zeke sounds like a good match for a while imo.. Am with you, we can nick pick every player in this draft including Ramsey & Buckner & it's not a strong draft class imo, but Zeke is a can't miss compared to others in this top 10..

  • @tiamat63 said:

    As big of a fan of Zeke's game that I am... I would have trouble with that decision.

    I don't think Zeke will be their but... I don't see us re-signing Crow after next season either. Hue had a combo of Hill & Bernard. Duke & Zeke sounds like a good match for a while imo.. Am with you, we can nick pick every player in this draft including Ramsey & Buckner & it's not a strong draft class imo, but Zeke is a can't miss compared to others in this top 10..

    @gumby73 said:

    I don't think Zeke will be their but... I don't see us re-signing Crow after next season either. Hue had a combo of Hill & Bernard. Duke & Zeke sounds like a good match for a while imo.. Am with you, we can nick pick every player in this draft including Ramsey & Buckner & it's not a strong draft class imo, but Zeke is a can't miss compared to others in this top 10..

    I dunno, what is a better duo, Duke and Zeke or Luke and Jake?

  • @gumby73 said:

    I don't think Zeke will be their but... I don't see us re-signing Crow after next season either. Hue had a combo of Hill & Bernard. Duke & Zeke sounds like a good match for a while imo.. Am with you, we can nick pick every player in this draft including Ramsey & Buckner & it's not a strong draft class imo, but Zeke is a can't miss compared to others in this top 10..

    I dunno, what is a better duo, Duke and Zeke or Luke and Jake?

    @the-gipper said:

    I dunno, what is a better duo, Duke and Zeke or Luke and Jake?

    Theirs only one with the best soundtrack ever. Jake & Elwood Blues. The Fab 2. The Blues Brothers 😎

  • @gumby73 said:

    I don't think Zeke will be their but... I don't see us re-signing Crow after next season either. Hue had a combo of Hill & Bernard. Duke & Zeke sounds like a good match for a while imo.. Am with you, we can nick pick every player in this draft including Ramsey & Buckner & it's not a strong draft class imo, but Zeke is a can't miss compared to others in this top 10..

    I dunno, what is a better duo, Duke and Zeke or Luke and Jake?

    @the-gipper said:

    I dunno, what is a better duo, Duke and Zeke or Luke and Jake?

    I'm all in on Luke Skywalker. Man, using the Force he could paralyze those defensive backs. 100 yard passes? No problem. 🙂

  • john-belushi.jpg

    _1458348393.jpg

  • If we take Elliott do we trade Crowell ?

  • If we take Elliott do we trade Crowell ?

    @darren15 said:

    If we take Elliott do we trade Crowell ?

    Likely not. They have nothing invested in him. He can rotate in for Elliot when he needs a break. Duke will remain the 3rd down back.

  • If we take Elliott do we trade Crowell ?

    @darren15 said:

    If we take Elliott do we trade Crowell ?

    No.....we can always use good backs. Elliot, Duke, Crow. Sounds like a great group to have.

    Only question....can we run the Wishbone with them?

    wishbone-2-motion-right-38-sweep.jpg

  • Or since Zeke is from Ohio State, the old Woody Hayes Robust T?

    9781420846119_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg

  • Nope... Still no FB...

  • I'd rather have a FB, dedicated blocker than can occasionally be used in deception plays, than multiple RBs on the field. I don't see much advantage to that.

  • Nope... Still no FB...

    @tour2ma said:

    Nope... Still no FB...

    Malcolm Johnson? Or my prediction: Baby Gronk.

  • Browns have to hope beyond hope that Zeke gets past the Cowboys at 4. Feelings are divided around the NFL world as to what the Boys will do, but I could very much see them taking Zeke at four, although that is very early for a RB.

    The thing is, Zeke on the Browns would provide a completely new identity for our team, and it's an identity that Hue Jackson desperately wants. Now, we don't have any receiving weapons, so running the ball could be tough sledding, but still...Zeke is a rare talent, and someone that could REALLY changed the dynamic of our entire offense. Who else, other than a QB, could do that? Who else could we draft that would make defensive coordinators have to rethink what they do?

    The other thing is, Zeke has to be there for us to trade down. If the rumors are true that we are intent on trading down with someone like the Fins to #13, than we need him to be there. If Zeke is gone, AND we aren't able to trade down from 8...who the hell do we take? The guy I like is Myles Jack, but that knee scares the living SHIT out of me. But he's a guy that could change the entire dynamic of a team, and be involved in a ton of plays. Would DeForest Buckner provide the same impact? Is pick 8 REALLY too early to draft Laquon Treadwell if our team feels like he's the best WR in the draft? Can someone tell me a bigger need on our team than WR? I mean, are we REALLY trotting out Brian Hartline, Taylor Gabriel (who sucked last year), Andrew Hawkins (again, not good last year), and Terrell Pryor?!

    There is another hope for a trade down, and that has to do with Laremy Tunsil potentially dropping down to us at 8. The previously thought #1 pick of the draft COULD slip to us like this:

    1. Rams - Goff

    2. Eagles - Wentz

    3. Bolts - Ramsey

    4. Boys - Zeke

    5. Jags - Bosa

    6. Ravens - Jack

    7. 49's - Buckner

    8. Browns - ???

  • There is another hope for a trade down, and that has to do with Laremy Tunsil potentially dropping down to us at 8. The previously thought #1 pick of the draft COULD slip to us like this:



    1. Rams - Goff


    2. Eagles - Wentz


    3. Bolts - Ramsey


    4. Boys - Zeke


    5. Jags - Bosa


    6. Ravens - Jack


    7. 49's - Buckner


    8. Browns - ???



    Trade it to the Tits at #15, and rob them of more picks.....like #33.


  • I was just talking with a guy at work about EE and he said that he read or heard that EE doe not want to come to Cleveland. I have tried to find something online that speaks to that but have found nothing. Anyone else hear anything. However, it does seem that EE would love to be a Cowboy.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25569690/ezekiel-elliott-it-would-be-an-honor-to-run-behind-cowboys-o-line

  • I was just talking with a guy at work about EE and he said that he read or heard that EE doe not want to come to Cleveland. I have tried to find something online that speaks to that but have found nothing. Anyone else hear anything. However, it does seem that EE would love to be a Cowboy.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25569690/ezekiel-elliott-it-would-be-an-honor-to-run-behind-cowboys-o-line

    @brownskidd said:

    I was just talking with a guy at work about EE and he said that he read or heard that EE doe not want to come to Cleveland. I have tried to find something online that speaks to that but have found nothing. Anyone else hear anything. However, it does seem that EE would love to be a Cowboy.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25569690/ezekiel-elliott-it-would-be-an-honor-to-run-behind-cowboys-o-line

    @brownskidd said:

    I was just talking with a guy at work about EE and he said that he read or heard that EE doe not want to come to Cleveland. I have tried to find something online that speaks to that but have found nothing. Anyone else hear anything. However, it does seem that EE would love to be a Cowboy.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25569690/ezekiel-elliott-it-would-be-an-honor-to-run-behind-cowboys-o-line

    I don't see that here. Again that may just be more ignorance coming out of Columbus. If the Browns drafted him and he didn't want to play here he could say "Oh Canada" eh.