Skip to content

Camp Zeke

The Browns Board
170 36 4.1k
  • I'd rather have a FB, dedicated blocker than can occasionally be used in deception plays, than multiple RBs on the field. I don't see much advantage to that.

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo

    @gftchris said:

    I'd rather have a FB, dedicated blocker than can occasionally be used in deception plays, than multiple RBs on the field. I don't see much advantage to that.

    are you familiar with how Mack and Byner were used?

    if they draft Zeke, along w Duke that's two more sure-handed safety valves built right into every play by having the option of dumping it off to one of them out in the flat.

  • Browns have to hope beyond hope that Zeke gets past the Cowboys at 4. Feelings are divided around the NFL world as to what the Boys will do, but I could very much see them taking Zeke at four, although that is very early for a RB.

    The thing is, Zeke on the Browns would provide a completely new identity for our team, and it's an identity that Hue Jackson desperately wants. Now, we don't have any receiving weapons, so running the ball could be tough sledding, but still...Zeke is a rare talent, and someone that could REALLY changed the dynamic of our entire offense. Who else, other than a QB, could do that? Who else could we draft that would make defensive coordinators have to rethink what they do?

    The other thing is, Zeke has to be there for us to trade down. If the rumors are true that we are intent on trading down with someone like the Fins to #13, than we need him to be there. If Zeke is gone, AND we aren't able to trade down from 8...who the hell do we take? The guy I like is Myles Jack, but that knee scares the living SHIT out of me. But he's a guy that could change the entire dynamic of a team, and be involved in a ton of plays. Would DeForest Buckner provide the same impact? Is pick 8 REALLY too early to draft Laquon Treadwell if our team feels like he's the best WR in the draft? Can someone tell me a bigger need on our team than WR? I mean, are we REALLY trotting out Brian Hartline, Taylor Gabriel (who sucked last year), Andrew Hawkins (again, not good last year), and Terrell Pryor?!

    There is another hope for a trade down, and that has to do with Laremy Tunsil potentially dropping down to us at 8. The previously thought #1 pick of the draft COULD slip to us like this:

    1. Rams - Goff

    2. Eagles - Wentz

    3. Bolts - Ramsey

    4. Boys - Zeke

    5. Jags - Bosa

    6. Ravens - Jack

    7. 49's - Buckner

    8. Browns - ???

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    1. Rams - Goff

    2. Eagles - Wentz

    3. Bolts - Ramsey

    4. Boys - Zeke

    5. Jags - Bosa

    6. Ravens - Jack

    7. 49's - Buckner

    8. Browns - ???

    Even should the Raven pass on Jack and take an OT, that still leaves 2 "coveted" OTs as trade bait for 8...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The "Duke-lusion" level on this board is off the chart...

  • The "Duke-lusion" level on this board is off the chart...

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo

    @tour2ma said:

    The "Duke-lusion" level on this board is off the chart...

    i gather you're not a fan of his?

    do tell. too small?

    i thought there was a lot to like about his rookie season.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    He's a good, complementary back... great in space with really good hands. Had some moments including the over-the-shoulder TD-catch vs. SD(?). But he's not a full-time back and he's not meant to be half of a tandem.

    Mack-Byner was a very special pairing of two well-rounded backs with a lot of interchangeability. Their whole exceeded the sum of their parts.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU cleveland.com/browns/index.s…


    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU


  • Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU cleveland.com/browns/index.s…


    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU


    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @darren15 said:

    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago

    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU

    Good then I guess he would have no problem with taking the pay cut of being picked in the upper 20s?

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    Every kid drafted wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. MKC is a moron.

  • @darren15 said:

    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago

    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU

    Good then I guess he would have no problem with taking the pay cut of being picked in the upper 20s?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Good then I guess he would have no problem with taking the pay cut of being picked in the upper 20s?

    Yep. Or riding pine behind some team that already has a starter.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I am really happy for Zeke... playing behind dream OL with a QB and a stud WR... and for his fav team outside Columbus to boot.

    Good luck, kid...

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

  • He's a good, complementary back... great in space with really good hands. Had some moments including the over-the-shoulder TD-catch vs. SD(?). But he's not a full-time back and he's not meant to be half of a tandem.

    Mack-Byner was a very special pairing of two well-rounded backs with a lot of interchangeability. Their whole exceeded the sum of their parts.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    He's a good, complementary back... great in space with really good hands. Had some moments including the over-the-shoulder TD-catch vs. SD(?). But he's not a full-time back and he's not meant to be half of a tandem.

    Mack-Byner was a very special pairing of two well-rounded backs with a lot of interchangeability. Their whole exceeded the sum of their parts.

    I disagree. I feel Duke can be part of a pairing. Ideally I'd like a 225lb #1 back that can still catch the ball, but have Duke good for 8-10 rushes and 3-4 catches a game.

  • Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

    I agree with this completely. Henry in the second or Prosise in the third would be great pickups.

    Although, now that Ragland has fallen this far, I'd rather see us take Ragland than Henry here.

  • @mike-h said:

    Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

    I agree with this completely. Henry in the second or Prosise in the third would be great pickups.

    Although, now that Ragland has fallen this far, I'd rather see us take Ragland than Henry here.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree with this completely. Henry in the second or Prosise in the third would be great pickups.

    Although, now that Ragland has fallen this far, I'd rather see us take Ragland than Henry here.

    No worries by you about the medical issue?

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are.

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys.

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

  • I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Yup- I have no problems swapping those second rounders with teh Cowboys- move down 2 spots- get more picks. 🙂

    And just no to the guys you mentioned.

  • Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are.

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys.

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. (Adamantly disagree on lateral movement. He is exceptional for his size) And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. (Prosise was a WR first, so it took some time for people to get a good idea of what he can do, but I loved him at ND. He's a Zeke type with more size, IMO, but not as ready to be an every-down back) Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are. (Not familiar enough with Dixon to comment)

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys. (Same as Dixon, I'm not smart on Williams--I focused very little on RB this year. AJ Foster is a guy I was told to look into, so I did. I like him late, or Henry and Prosise. I'll defer to you on the others).

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

    Not much else to add. I think unearthing the right RB for the right price is a trial-and-error endeavor. We'll see how they value Crowell and the position in general over the next two days.

  • I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    Would be sweet to get Jack in the 3rd and Jaylon with one of the extra 4ths and stash him until 2017. Then we would pretty much have 3 1st rounders next year.