Skip to content

Camp Zeke

The Browns Board
170 36 4.1k
  • Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU cleveland.com/browns/index.s…


    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU


    @darren15 said:

    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago

    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU

    Good then I guess he would have no problem with taking the pay cut of being picked in the upper 20s?

  • Every kid drafted wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. MKC is a moron.

  • @darren15 said:

    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago

    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU

    Good then I guess he would have no problem with taking the pay cut of being picked in the upper 20s?

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Good then I guess he would have no problem with taking the pay cut of being picked in the upper 20s?

    Yep. Or riding pine behind some team that already has a starter.

  • I am really happy for Zeke... playing behind dream OL with a QB and a stud WR... and for his fav team outside Columbus to boot.

    Good luck, kid...

  • Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

  • He's a good, complementary back... great in space with really good hands. Had some moments including the over-the-shoulder TD-catch vs. SD(?). But he's not a full-time back and he's not meant to be half of a tandem.

    Mack-Byner was a very special pairing of two well-rounded backs with a lot of interchangeability. Their whole exceeded the sum of their parts.

    @tour2ma said:

    He's a good, complementary back... great in space with really good hands. Had some moments including the over-the-shoulder TD-catch vs. SD(?). But he's not a full-time back and he's not meant to be half of a tandem.

    Mack-Byner was a very special pairing of two well-rounded backs with a lot of interchangeability. Their whole exceeded the sum of their parts.

    I disagree. I feel Duke can be part of a pairing. Ideally I'd like a 225lb #1 back that can still catch the ball, but have Duke good for 8-10 rushes and 3-4 catches a game.

  • Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

    @mike-h said:

    Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

    I agree with this completely. Henry in the second or Prosise in the third would be great pickups.

    Although, now that Ragland has fallen this far, I'd rather see us take Ragland than Henry here.

  • @mike-h said:

    Have maintained that Henry or Prosise are better fits for complements to Duke. Loved Zeke, and no doubt he'll be a good NFL RB. But I didn't want it/see it for Browns.

    I agree with this completely. Henry in the second or Prosise in the third would be great pickups.

    Although, now that Ragland has fallen this far, I'd rather see us take Ragland than Henry here.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I agree with this completely. Henry in the second or Prosise in the third would be great pickups.

    Although, now that Ragland has fallen this far, I'd rather see us take Ragland than Henry here.

    No worries by you about the medical issue?

  • I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

  • Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are.

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys.

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

  • I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Yup- I have no problems swapping those second rounders with teh Cowboys- move down 2 spots- get more picks. 🙂

    And just no to the guys you mentioned.

  • Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are.

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys.

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

    @tour2ma said:

    Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. (Adamantly disagree on lateral movement. He is exceptional for his size) And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. (Prosise was a WR first, so it took some time for people to get a good idea of what he can do, but I loved him at ND. He's a Zeke type with more size, IMO, but not as ready to be an every-down back) Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are. (Not familiar enough with Dixon to comment)

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys. (Same as Dixon, I'm not smart on Williams--I focused very little on RB this year. AJ Foster is a guy I was told to look into, so I did. I like him late, or Henry and Prosise. I'll defer to you on the others).

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

    Not much else to add. I think unearthing the right RB for the right price is a trial-and-error endeavor. We'll see how they value Crowell and the position in general over the next two days.

  • I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    Would be sweet to get Jack in the 3rd and Jaylon with one of the extra 4ths and stash him until 2017. Then we would pretty much have 3 1st rounders next year.

  • Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 2h2 hours ago
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU cleveland.com/browns/index.s…


    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU


    @darren15 said:

    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU

    Well, the Cowboys are by no means that team. Sorry, but the problems with that team are a hell of a lot more than just having Romo out. Romo on last legs anyway. Defense way below average.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Mike,

    I don't see Henry... not behind a questionable OL. Nice patience and burst, but limited lateral movement concerns me. (Adamantly disagree on lateral movement. He is exceptional for his size) And Prosise is a guy I've been off and on about. Just not comfortable with the value as a late 2/early 3. (Prosise was a WR first, so it took some time for people to get a good idea of what he can do, but I loved him at ND. He's a Zeke type with more size, IMO, but not as ready to be an every-down back) Same as Dixon who I was on for a bit, until he rose. Some of the same "not a good time in the rebuild to go big for a RB" left over from Zeke. Just feel "foundational" enough for where we are. (Not familiar enough with Dixon to comment)

    RB I am drawn to continues to be Williams (Arkansas). Limited reps due to time missed, but much of the same power hybrid promise a full round later than the two above... albeit a bit slower than your two guys. (Same as Dixon, I'm not smart on Williams--I focused very little on RB this year. AJ Foster is a guy I was told to look into, so I did. I like him late, or Henry and Prosise. I'll defer to you on the others).

    Couple later and cheaper alternatives I've put only a little time in on are: Kevin Taylor (Florida) and late riser (and unknown) Darius Jackson (E. Michigan). The later brings the competition questions we went through with Terrence West.

    Thoughts?

    Not much else to add. I think unearthing the right RB for the right price is a trial-and-error endeavor. We'll see how they value Crowell and the position in general over the next two days.

    @mike-h said:

    Not much else to add. I think unearthing the right RB for the right price is a trial-and-error endeavor. We'll see how they value Crowell and the position in general over the next two days.

    kk...

    Good to disagree again about Henry... It was getting ridiculous. 😉

    Just seemed the hole had to be in proximity of where it was drawn up. Certainly saw many plays where once he stops and looks he seldom gets going again (also saw a stat on that... may have been Merril Hodge).

    But the clincher for me was the SportsScience segment he and Zeke shared. Check the 2:00 mark...

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15215832

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm scared of the heart thing. I think trading down and then back up again like Tour has been preaching is the right way to go. Let someone else take Ragland, Jack and Cook.

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    TC, any thoughts on Kevin Taylor (RB)?

  • @darren15 said:

    Uh-oh #Browns: Ezekiel Elliott says his biggest thing is "to play for a team that's competing for a Super Bowl' #OSU

    Well, the Cowboys are by no means that team. Sorry, but the problems with that team are a hell of a lot more than just having Romo out. Romo on last legs anyway. Defense way below average.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, the Cowboys are by no means that team. Sorry, but the problems with that team are a hell of a lot more than just having Romo out. Romo on last legs anyway. Defense way below average.

    No it's pretty much right at average.

  • @mike-h said:

    Not much else to add. I think unearthing the right RB for the right price is a trial-and-error endeavor. We'll see how they value Crowell and the position in general over the next two days.

    kk...

    Good to disagree again about Henry... It was getting ridiculous. 😉

    Just seemed the hole had to be in proximity of where it was drawn up. Certainly saw many plays where once he stops and looks he seldom gets going again (also saw a stat on that... may have been Merril Hodge).

    But the clincher for me was the SportsScience segment he and Zeke shared. Check the 2:00 mark...

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15215832

    @tour2ma said:

    kk...

    Good to disagree again about Henry... It was getting ridiculous. 😉

    Just seemed the hole had to be in proximity of where it was drawn up. Certainly saw many plays where once he stops and looks he seldom gets going again (also saw a stat on that... may have been Merril Hodge).

    But the clincher for me was the SportsScience segment he and Zeke shared. Check the 2:00 mark...

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15215832

    That didn't say anything bad about Henry's agility, only that his "game" was different, and it was pretty flattering to the type of player he is. He's a brute force back with explosion and breakaway speed. Not seeing the holes, or being able to change direction are not things I saw from his Bama tape.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well Connor Cook can go fuck himself into oblivion, I'm fully out on him.

    Jack would be a nice consolation in the third, you can't pass on his upside there. Although I'd still rather take the gamble on Jaylon than Jack.

    I'm not scared one bit about Ragland's heart. If it were a major issue, it would have surfaced in college. With careful monitoring, it shouldn't affect his production in the least IMO.

    TC, any thoughts on Kevin Taylor (RB)?

    @tour2ma said:

    TC, any thoughts on Kevin Taylor (RB)?

    I'm woefully ignorant on the guy, tbh. My gut reaction was that he was a slightly above average talent that benefitted from being the son of a former NFL runningback, so I didn't watch too much tape on him. Mostly highlight cuts and maybe a game or two.