Skip to content

With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select...

The Browns Board
36 16 1.7k
  • If the Eagles do bad enough, it's possible that we pick number 1 on their dime. Then we could have both, 1 and 2

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    If the Eagles do bad enough, it's possible that we pick number 1 on their dime. Then we could have both, 1 and 2

    I wonder if that has ever happened. Let me check....

    OK, here is the check:

    1958 Cardinals had both 1 and 2. Selected QB King Hill and RB John David Crow. Hill a bust. Crow a good player

    1992 Colts had both 1 and 2. Selected Steve Emtman DT and Quenton Coryatt LB. Both were busts. Emtman due to injury, Coryatt due to suckage.

    And that is in the history of the draft since 1936

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Dude, and I mean this with love............. do you really need to ask me this? Lynch at #1, #2, #8, or whenever the fuck he is on our radar. Lynch is the best QB in the draft.

    Wait, you think Lynch should go at 8?? Over say Jack, or Ramsey?? I know you like Lynch, but no way in hell can you think he's worth the 8th pick.

    Let's say Lynch is still there at 32 and we pick him, who then do you want at 8?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @d-bone said:

    Wait, you think Lynch should go at 8?? Over say Jack, or Ramsey?? I know you like Lynch, but no way in hell can you think he's worth the 8th pick.

    Let's say Lynch is still there at 32 and we pick him, who then do you want at 8?

    Ghoolie thinks Lynch would have been worth the #1 overall pick. He is entitled to his opinion....and there is nothing right now to say that he will be wrong or right.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Hackenturd is another black Fran Tarkenton

    By this I assume you mean Christian Hackenberg? Well, he is neither black, nor is he a running QB. He is a pretty much straight up pocket passer.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Deshaun Watson. I wants him...BAD.

    Of course, we may not need a QB if RG III is our boy. I think he surprises people this year, and we're all going to be happy.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    If the Eagles do bad enough, it's possible that we pick number 1 on their dime. Then we could have both, 1 and 2

    I wonder if that has ever happened. Let me check....

    OK, here is the check:

    1958 Cardinals had both 1 and 2. Selected QB King Hill and RB John David Crow. Hill a bust. Crow a good player

    1992 Colts had both 1 and 2. Selected Steve Emtman DT and Quenton Coryatt LB. Both were busts. Emtman due to injury, Coryatt due to suckage.

    And that is in the history of the draft since 1936

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    I wonder if that has ever happened. Let me check....

    OK, here is the check:

    1958 Cardinals had both 1 and 2. Selected QB King Hill and RB John David Crow. Hill a bust. Crow a good player

    1992 Colts had both 1 and 2. Selected Steve Emtman DT and Quenton Coryatt LB. Both were busts. Emtman due to injury, Coryatt due to suckage.

    And that is in the history of the draft since 1936

    So this year when we take Watson and Garrett that will be all three teams that an A&M player was selected. Crazy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I wonder if that has ever happened. Let me check....

    OK, here is the check:

    1958 Cardinals had both 1 and 2. Selected QB King Hill and RB John David Crow. Hill a bust. Crow a good player

    1992 Colts had both 1 and 2. Selected Steve Emtman DT and Quenton Coryatt LB. Both were busts. Emtman due to injury, Coryatt due to suckage.

    And that is in the history of the draft since 1936

    So this year when we take Watson and Garrett that will be all three teams that an A&M player was selected. Crazy.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @wargograw said:

    So this year when we take Watson and Garrett that will be all three teams that an A&M player was selected. Crazy.

    Was Coryatt TAMU? I guess I didn't pay any attention to it.

    He still sucked. (but Crow was good)

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Yep. One of our best defenders ever. Author of "the hit."

  • Yep. One of our best defenders ever. Author of "the hit."

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @wargograw said:

    Yep. One of our best defenders ever. Author of "the hit."

    Know nothing about that. I thought Jack Tatum was the author of "the hit". Or Joe Turkey Jones.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #32

    Tatum's book was They Call Me Assassiin.

    51vCFHhew-L._SX253_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #33

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #34

    VesnaKociper said:

    Dude, and I mean this with love............. do you really need to ask me this? Lynch at #1, #2, #8, or whenever the fuck he is on our radar. Lynch is the best QB in the draft.

    A first rd pick carries a fifth yr option. Either way drafting Lynch at #8 is a smart move. If he does fall at #32 no fifth yr option. So ya I say draft him he's worth a shot and with an extra year it's a learning year.
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #35

    VesnaKociper said:

    I want Lynch, if he is gone, then I would be okay with either of the top WRs, I like the guy from TCU best.Also, A DT wouls be acceptable.

    You mean a lard ass?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @wargograw said:

    Yea, that would get a college player thrown out of the game this day and age.