Skip to content

All Hometown team?

The Browns Board
7 3 427
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    If the Browns consisted of just players from Northeast Ohio, here is a starting lineup:

    Offense

    QB Brian Hoyer St. Ignatius

    RB Bishop Sankey, born in Wadsworth

    FB Kyle Jusczyk, Cloverleaf HS

    WR1 Mario Manningham Warren G. Harding

    WR2 Cecil Shorts Collinwood

    Slot WR Brian Hartline N. Canton

    TE Travis Kelse Cleveland Hts.

    OC Jason Kelce Cleveland Hts./Corey Linsley Boardman

    OG Brian Winters Hudson

    OG Alex Boone Lakewood

    OT Joh Greco Boardman

    OT Rodger Saffold Bedford

    (I had to move some OGs to OT to get a full lineup

    Defense:

    DT Jamie Meder Parma Valley Forge

    DT Davon Coleman Glenville

    DE Frank Clark Glenville

    DE/OLB Whitney Mercilus Garfield (Akron)

    LB James Harrison Coventry

    LB Jake Ryan Westlake

    LB Shaq Riddick Buchtel

    LB Jonathan Newsome Glenville

    CB Bradley Fletcher Youngstown Liberty

    CB Aqib Talib, born in Cleveland

    S Donte Whitner Glenville

    S Eric Rowe, born in Youngstown

    (here I also had to play with some CB/S to get a full lineup)

    KR/PR Ted Ginn Jr. Glenville

    K Matt Prater Mayfield Hts.

    I couldn't find a single punter from this area. Closest guy was Kevin Huber who is from Cincinnati...the only Ohio guy.

    Oddly...the state of Georgia produced at least 6 or 7 current NFL punters.

    If you know if I missed someone, let me know.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Now....who can the Browns draft to "bring home". Connor Cook Walsh Jesuit. Anyone else?

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #3

    Jason Trusnik- Nordonia Macedonia. Surprised you missed him- played a year for the Browns. (Or you only counting active players?) We can add guys like Joe Jurevicius, Tom Tupa (Brecksville), LeCharles Bentley (Ignatius).

  • Jason Trusnik- Nordonia Macedonia. Surprised you missed him- played a year for the Browns. (Or you only counting active players?) We can add guys like Joe Jurevicius, Tom Tupa (Brecksville), LeCharles Bentley (Ignatius).

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @hoorta said:

    Jason Trusnik- Nordonia Macedonia. Surprised you missed him- played a year for the Browns. (Or you only counting active players?) We can add guys like Joe Jurevicius, Tom Tupa (Brecksville), LeCharles Bentley (Ignatius).

    I was actually only listing who I thought were currently active players. Is Trusnik active....and what position?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I would adore a hometown team of real gangsta ass nigga's that bled brown. I don't care if they initially lost a lot, I think a team like that who didn't want to go nowhere..eventually that cohesiveness would win a lot of games. Especially defense. You can fill some skill spots on O with some out of staters. But defense ought to be rabid dogs who march into the stadium every sunday like the old legion.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Guys the Browns could add:

    Cardale Jones, Glenville

    Tyvis Powell, Bedford

    (all other OSU draft prospects come from either other parts of Ohio, or other states)

    Anyone else from this area in this draft?

  • @hoorta said:

    Jason Trusnik- Nordonia Macedonia. Surprised you missed him- played a year for the Browns. (Or you only counting active players?) We can add guys like Joe Jurevicius, Tom Tupa (Brecksville), LeCharles Bentley (Ignatius).

    I was actually only listing who I thought were currently active players. Is Trusnik active....and what position?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @the-gipper said:

    I was actually only listing who I thought were currently active players. Is Trusnik active....and what position?

    Well, Trusnik is active- sort of, currently looking for a job. Plays LB\ST. The reason I keep up on him is he's the cousin of my future niece in law. Assuming he makes it to Sarah's wedding- I don't know if I'll have the nerve to ask him for the lowdown on the Ritchie Incognito mess. He was playing for the Dolphins at the time. 🙂