OBF
-
So today I was in Grandpa's cheese Barn in Norton Ohio a satellite of the big Grandpa's cheese Barn in Ashland. Raining like hell so I sat in the car to wait for it to let up when it didn't I just went in. Made a jest with one of the kid that works there, a really nice polite young man, and told him how hard it was raining and wondered if we had 39 more days and nights. He looked puzzled so I told him you know 40 days and 40 nights? He had no idea what I was talking about. His name is Noah. I thought that was odd and disappointing.
WSS
-
"So do you want the cheese or not?"
-
"So do you want the cheese or not?"
Cheese is great. The kid is great. I was just shocked he didn't know the story.
WSS
-
"So do you want the cheese or not?"
Cheese is great. The kid is great. I was just shocked he didn't know the story.
WSS
The world is a different place now. When we were younger the bible was part of life. Now if you even so much as quote a verse you're a Jesus freak and an outcast.Cheese is great. The kid is great. I was just shocked he didn't know the story.
WSS
In Hebrew the name Noah means comfort if my memory serves me correctly.
-
I went to Catholic school until the third grade when I switched to public school. It was a different time back then and even in public school in the third grade we had a religion class that was taught in school. That lasted until the fourth grade when the religion teacher could no longer teach in the classroom and they had a bus outside the school where she taught bible classes.
It doesn't surprise me a young person today would be clueless about a bible story we would think would be common knowledge. If the parents don't go to church where would they hear about it? Not in school for sure.
-
Religion class or Christian class?
-
Religion class or Christian class?
Christian. She started out teaching bible class once a week in all the public schools in the city. Originally she was allowed to use the classroom but later she had a bus parked outside the school where students could voluntarily go to her bible class.
-
Right, so I wouldn't really call it Religion class.
-
Right, so I wouldn't really call it Religion class.
Going back a few years ...but I believe they called it religion class. I loved it. The Christian lady who taught the class was still living until a few years ago and had moved out of state. I got her address and sent her a letter telling her how much those classes meant to me especially after the difference of going to catholic school and switching to public school. She said she remembered me which surprised me as this was about 45 years ago. She did this ministry for many years locally. She is in heaven after years of faithful service to the Lord. God bless her.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login