#8 Overall
-
I did this when the Browns had the second pick, now I will do it again now that they have the 8th pick overall in the draft:
A. Players drafted by the Browns in the past with the #8 overall Pick:
1960 Jim Houston.....one of the best LBs in Browns history
2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together
and that's it for #8s drafted by the Browns.
B. Hall of Fame Players drafted with #8 overall:
Ronnie Lott DB
Willie Roaf OT
Lance Alworth WR
Mike Munchak OG
Larry Csonka RB
Jim Parker OT
Mike Ditka TE
C. Other "plus" players taken with #8. Some borderline HOF, others just good solid players:
James Farrior LB
Leslie O'Neal DE
Ottis Anderson RB
Joey Galloway WR
Ed Budde OG
Sam Adams LB
Bob Whitfield OT
Jack Snow WR
Donte Whitner DB
D. Fairly big name busts taken with #8. There have been others early on, but I will skip those and only list guys that you all may have heard of:
Bob Ferguson RB (Oh. St.)
David Terrell WR
Jake Locker QB
Tim Biakabatuka RB
David Boston WR
Derrick Harvey DE (2008 draft...out of league)
Jamal Anderson DE
(note, not the Jamal Anderson that did the Dirty Bird for the Falcons in the 90s...this Jamal Anderson was a 2007 draftee of the Falcons......same name, same team coincidental I guess)
-
Dirty Bird Jamal Anderson official website:
http://jamalanderson.com/about-jamal.php
The other Jamaal Anderson. pfr stats:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeJa98.htm
-
Back from "Gipcation"...
Seems like #8 slot fares better than a number of other R1 slots...
Wasn't Boston on his way to greatness, but suffered a devastating injury?
Back from "Gipcation"...
Seems like #8 slot fares better than a number of other R1 slots...
Wasn't Boston on his way to greatness, but suffered a devastating injury?
Maybe. He had some good years. Made one Pro Bowl. I think though he was doing steroids and got suspended I think. Then I guess he became somewhat of a lazy asshole. Then the bad injuries came. He probably could have recovered and gone on.
I guess maybe he wasn't quite the bust I thought.
Here is his PFR page.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BostDa00.htm
-
Back from "Gipcation"...
Seems like #8 slot fares better than a number of other R1 slots...
Wasn't Boston on his way to greatness, but suffered a devastating injury?
Maybe. He had some good years. Made one Pro Bowl. I think though he was doing steroids and got suspended I think. Then I guess he became somewhat of a lazy asshole. Then the bad injuries came. He probably could have recovered and gone on.
I guess maybe he wasn't quite the bust I thought.
Here is his PFR page.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BostDa00.htm
I guess maybe he wasn't quite the bust I thought.
Here is his PFR page.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BostDa00.htm
Boston was a name I had all but forgotten, but he was mentioned in a piece on either ESPN or NFL Network about Pats draft history IIRC as being a hard luck story...
-
I was lost after reading "2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together"
Is anyone expecting him to get his act together
-
I was lost after reading "2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together"
Is anyone expecting him to get his act together
I was lost after reading "2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together"
Is anyone expecting him to get his act together
I think yes perhaps: Ray Horton......and the rest of the coaching staff.
Look, they haven't dumped like they did JMZ.....so somebody must think they can get something out of this kid. So it remains to be seen.
-
Looking more and more like Conklin at 8
Then either us or Denver will get Connor Cook.. Whoever is willing to move up higher.. Possibly with GB at 27
-
I was lost after reading "2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together"
Is anyone expecting him to get his act together
If he can get his lazy butt out of bed and make the meetings on time.I was lost after reading "2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together"
Is anyone expecting him to get his act together
Didn't he say he was a "hard sleeper"?
-
Ah.. YEAHLooking more and more like Conklin at 8
Ah....NO
Then either us or Denver will get Connor Cook.. Whoever is willing to move up higher.. Possibly with GB at 27
Ah...NO.....at least not on the move up to get him.
Not saying I want that either, but don't kill the messenger
-
Ah.. YEAHLooking more and more like Conklin at 8
Ah....NO
Then either us or Denver will get Connor Cook.. Whoever is willing to move up higher.. Possibly with GB at 27
Ah...NO.....at least not on the move up to get him.
Not saying I want that either, but don't kill the messenger
-
I did this when the Browns had the second pick, now I will do it again now that they have the 8th pick overall in the draft:
A. Players drafted by the Browns in the past with the #8 overall Pick:
1960 Jim Houston.....one of the best LBs in Browns history
2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together
and that's it for #8s drafted by the Browns.
B. Hall of Fame Players drafted with #8 overall:
Ronnie Lott DB
Willie Roaf OT
Lance Alworth WR
Mike Munchak OG
Larry Csonka RB
Jim Parker OT
Mike Ditka TE
C. Other "plus" players taken with #8. Some borderline HOF, others just good solid players:
James Farrior LB
Leslie O'Neal DE
Ottis Anderson RB
Joey Galloway WR
Ed Budde OG
Sam Adams LB
Bob Whitfield OT
Jack Snow WR
Donte Whitner DB
D. Fairly big name busts taken with #8. There have been others early on, but I will skip those and only list guys that you all may have heard of:
Bob Ferguson RB (Oh. St.)
David Terrell WR
Jake Locker QB
Tim Biakabatuka RB
David Boston WR
Derrick Harvey DE (2008 draft...out of league)
Jamal Anderson DE
(note, not the Jamal Anderson that did the Dirty Bird for the Falcons in the 90s...this Jamal Anderson was a 2007 draftee of the Falcons......same name, same team coincidental I guess)
I did this when the Browns had the second pick, now I will do it again now that they have the 8th pick overall in the draft:
A. Players drafted by the Browns in the past with the #8 overall Pick:
1960 Jim Houston.....one of the best LBs in Browns history
2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together
and that's it for #8s drafted by the Browns.
B. Hall of Fame Players drafted with #8 overall:
Ronnie Lott DB
Willie Roaf OT
Lance Alworth WR
Mike Munchak OG
Larry Csonka RB
Jim Parker OT
Mike Ditka TE
C. Other "plus" players taken with #8. Some borderline HOF, others just good solid players:
James Farrior LB
Leslie O'Neal DE
Ottis Anderson RB
Joey Galloway WR
Ed Budde OG
Sam Adams LB
Bob Whitfield OT
Jack Snow WR
Donte Whitner DB
D. Fairly big name busts taken with #8. There have been others early on, but I will skip those and only list guys that you all may have heard of:
Bob Ferguson RB (Oh. St.)
David Terrell WR
Jake Locker QB
Tim Biakabatuka RB
David Boston WR
Derrick Harvey DE (2008 draft...out of league)
Jamal Anderson DE
(note, not the Jamal Anderson that did the Dirty Bird for the Falcons in the 90s...this Jamal Anderson was a 2007 draftee of the Falcons......same name, same team coincidental I guess)
Sam Adams was a Defensive Tackle.

There was also a guard for the Patriots by that name in the 70's, had his football card.

And a delicious beer.

Not a linebacker.
-
I did this when the Browns had the second pick, now I will do it again now that they have the 8th pick overall in the draft:
A. Players drafted by the Browns in the past with the #8 overall Pick:
1960 Jim Houston.....one of the best LBs in Browns history
2014 Justin Gilbert....could be a huge bust if he doesn't get his act together
and that's it for #8s drafted by the Browns.
B. Hall of Fame Players drafted with #8 overall:
Ronnie Lott DB
Willie Roaf OT
Lance Alworth WR
Mike Munchak OG
Larry Csonka RB
Jim Parker OT
Mike Ditka TE
C. Other "plus" players taken with #8. Some borderline HOF, others just good solid players:
James Farrior LB
Leslie O'Neal DE
Ottis Anderson RB
Joey Galloway WR
Ed Budde OG
Sam Adams LB
Bob Whitfield OT
Jack Snow WR
Donte Whitner DB
D. Fairly big name busts taken with #8. There have been others early on, but I will skip those and only list guys that you all may have heard of:
Bob Ferguson RB (Oh. St.)
David Terrell WR
Jake Locker QB
Tim Biakabatuka RB
David Boston WR
Derrick Harvey DE (2008 draft...out of league)
Jamal Anderson DE
(note, not the Jamal Anderson that did the Dirty Bird for the Falcons in the 90s...this Jamal Anderson was a 2007 draftee of the Falcons......same name, same team coincidental I guess)
Sam Adams was a Defensive Tackle.

There was also a guard for the Patriots by that name in the 70's, had his football card.

And a delicious beer.

Not a linebacker.
Zombo said:
Sam Adams was a Defensive Tackle.

There was also a guard for the Patriots by that name in the 70's, had his football card.

And a delicious beer.

Not a linebacker.
I may have mistyped. And I don't know how delicious Sam Adams beer is. Using it as the liquid for a wet T-shirt contest is, in my opinion, a more optimum use of the substance. Thank you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
