Who are your top UDFA's?
-
-
Thor Jozwiak - OG - USF
Powerful run blocker, son of a former 1st rd pick, Brian Jozwiak. Had some health issues early in his career, but healthy now.
-
Agree on Coker-he played far better at the end of the season-well enough to be the key to beating Clemson.
Edit: And Mike Matthews just for the bloodline and our current deficit at Center.
-
-
-
DieHardBrownsFan ILB Drunken State
-
One Post From the Truth said:
DieHardBrownsFan ILB Drunken State
ILB? I'd have him as more of a LS...
-
Aaron Wallace, OLB, UCLA if somehow not drafted.
Steve Longa, ILB, Rutgers
Jay Lee, WR, Baylor & Devin Fuller, WR, UCLA
DJ Foster, RB, ASU
Keenan Reynolds from Navy is also interesting
-
I know I've beat this drum before but Vernon Adams for me
-
One of the names I had in mind as well... as an RB prospect.
Do academy players still have an active duty commitment these days?
Yes, they do....but in some special cases the military has allowed players to serve their country as Public Relations subjects. David Robinson was allowed to go to the NBA.....Napolean Kaufman to the NFL.
They did not allow such a thing back in the 60s when Roger Staubach won the Heisman Trophy. He had to do his full 5 years....and even a couple of tours in Vietnam.
-
-
I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.
Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.
I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.
Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.
Didn't really even cross my mind. Wonder if he'd need to be drafted in order to be given an 'out' in his contract.
I did the Navy for awhile, and I don't see them letting anyone from their kung-fu contractual grips if they can exploit a technicality.
-
I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.
Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.
I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.
Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.
I'm pretty sure he continued to grow. "David Robinson – 5’9 his junior year of high school and 6’7 his senior year and then 7’1 in Naval Academy. last spurt was at age 21." http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2012/09/20/the-largest-growth-spurts-in-history/
-
I remember David being a special case because he was too tall for many of the duties they had for a Navy Officer.
Kind of an odd thing to realize at graduation since I'm pretty sure he did not just grow unexpected while at Annapolis.
Didn't really even cross my mind. Wonder if he'd need to be drafted in order to be given an 'out' in his contract.
I did the Navy for awhile, and I don't see them letting anyone from their kung-fu contractual grips if they can exploit a technicality.
Didn't really even cross my mind. Wonder if he'd need to be drafted in order to be given an 'out' in his contract.
I did the Navy for awhile, and I don't see them letting anyone from their kung-fu contractual grips if they can exploit a technicality.
The Navy USED David Robinson as a recruiting tool/public relations tool....and that is why they let him play. While he was playing b-ball he was also doing PSAs for the Navy. Same with Napolean Kaufman.
-
Didn't really even cross my mind. Wonder if he'd need to be drafted in order to be given an 'out' in his contract.
I did the Navy for awhile, and I don't see them letting anyone from their kung-fu contractual grips if they can exploit a technicality.
The Navy USED David Robinson as a recruiting tool/public relations tool....and that is why they let him play. While he was playing b-ball he was also doing PSAs for the Navy. Same with Napolean Kaufman.
Could the Navy use Robinson? A udfa who ends up cut during preseason?The Navy USED David Robinson as a recruiting tool/public relations tool....and that is why they let him play. While he was playing b-ball he was also doing PSAs for the Navy. Same with Napolean Kaufman.
-
Could the Navy use Robinson? A udfa who ends up cut during preseason?The Navy USED David Robinson as a recruiting tool/public relations tool....and that is why they let him play. While he was playing b-ball he was also doing PSAs for the Navy. Same with Napolean Kaufman.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login