Prediction Machine's NFL Draft Over-valued, Under-valued & Sleepers
-
Site is primarily a gambling "aid", pay site, but Play the Draft has been using it as a basis for some interesting articles including:
- Advanced Statistics - https://playthedraft.com/posts/advanced-statistics-from-prediction-machine
- Undervalued Players (Pt 1) - https://playthedraft.com/posts/play-the-draft-values-according-to-prediction-machine
- Cash (S)
- Bullard (DE)
- Jones (CB)
- Day (DT)
- Undervalued Players (Pt 2) - https://playthedraft.com/posts/undervalued-stocks-according-to-prediction-machine
- Kaufusi (OLB)
- Brothers (ILB)
- Worley (
- Perkins (RB)
- Overvalued Players (Pt 1) - https://playthedraft.com/posts/overvalued-stocks-according-to-prediction-machine
- Thomas (WR) OSU
- Butler (DT)
- Lee (OLB)
- Alexander (CB)
- Overvalued Players (Pt 1) - https://playthedraft.com/posts/overvalued-stocks-according-to-prediction-machine-24b6ae0d-e133-4f36-b342-489b2a6b7a61
- Apple (CB)
- Neal (S)
- Ward (DE)
- Billings (DT)
- Sleepers - http://www.predictionmachine.com/Potential-Draft-Sleepers-2016
- Shepard (WR)
- Braverman (WR)
- Morgan (TE)
- Hargrave (DT)
- Cash (SS)
- Browns (OLB)
- Others:
- Jake Rudock (QB, Michigan)
- Travis Greene (RB, Bowling Green)
- Mike Thomas (WR, Southern Mississippi)
- Scooby Wright III (ILB, Arizona)
- Ejiro Ederaine (OLB, Fresno State)
- DeAndre Houston-Carson (FS, William and Mary)
- Willie Henry (DT, Michigan)
- James Cowser (DE, Southern Utah)
- Matt Judon (DE, Grand Valley State)
- Mike Hilton (CB, Mississippi)
-
Zombo said:
Who's this guy?
That School Up North isn't going to slip another Tom Brady past us after we grab another Sprergon Wynn are they?
Zombo
"Does not have a huge arm and will not take many shots down the field"
This was in the 'positives' section of the review. Pass. Looks like another Connor Hoyer.
-
Zombo said:
Who's this guy?
That School Up North isn't going to slip another Tom Brady past us after we grab another Sprergon Wynn are they?
Zombo
"Does not have a huge arm and will not take many shots down the field"
This was in the 'positives' section of the review. Pass. Looks like another Connor Hoyer.
-
Just to fuel Z's paranoia...
Isn't that what they said about Brady?
Here is Tom Brady scouting report.
His positive was that he had "a little Brian Griese in him"
Negatives: "not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility"
Notes: Baseball catcher and football quarterback in high school who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the June 1995 baseball draft. Opted for football and redshirted at Michigan in '95. Saw limited action in '96 and '97 and started the past two years. Completed 3 of 5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in '96, 12-15-103-0-0 in '97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in '98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in '99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson. Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4. Unlike many Michigan quarterbacks, Brady is a pocket-type passer who plays best in a dropback-type system.
Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.
Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.
Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/anyone-got-tom-bradys-pre-draft-scouting-report.77495994/
-
3 OSU players overvalued and 2 Michigan players as sleepers? Hmmmm
Next year Michigan will have a large group coming into the draft. 2-4 1st round picks. Hopefully Harbaugh keeps them coming.
I think Lee can be pretty good though. The new prototypical NFL LB.
Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?
-
3 OSU players overvalued and 2 Michigan players as sleepers? Hmmmm
Next year Michigan will have a large group coming into the draft. 2-4 1st round picks. Hopefully Harbaugh keeps them coming.
I think Lee can be pretty good though. The new prototypical NFL LB.
Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?
Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?
Was it his fault that Michigan had to punt?
Did he cry when they fumbled?
I watched some Michigan last year and he's not memorable. The last QB I remember was when they were playing that black defensive end at QB.
Zombo
-
No. It was no ones fault.
Idk. I was there though and I felt physically ill.
Early in the year he was bad to average (he had only been on campus for a few weeks). Later in the year he was good. Not going to wow anyone, but smart. Game manager with more mobility than you'd think. He'd be a good locker room guy and could be a good backup.
He was a black slot WR / HB, not a DB. And he was fantastic.
-
Zombo said:
One more question:
It has probably already been asked, but ... Is this guy you?

Most Sundays
-
No. It was no ones fault.
Idk. I was there though and I felt physically ill.
Early in the year he was bad to average (he had only been on campus for a few weeks). Later in the year he was good. Not going to wow anyone, but smart. Game manager with more mobility than you'd think. He'd be a good locker room guy and could be a good backup.
He was a black slot WR / HB, not a DB. And he was fantastic.
He was a black slot WR / HB, not a DB. And he was fantastic.
BTW. I think we are talking about two different guys here. He looked like a defensive lineman and wore 95 or something, but he was playing QB.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
One more question:
It has probably already been asked, but ... Is this guy you?

No, I wear contacts.
But I was probably just emotionless on the outside. A shell. I didn't know how to react... I didn't know what just happened.
And then a few weeks later something similar happened to the browns. All I could do there was laugh
-
He was a black slot WR / HB, not a DB. And he was fantastic.
BTW. I think we are talking about two different guys here. He looked like a defensive lineman and wore 95 or something, but he was playing QB.
Zombo
Zombo said:
BTW. I think we are talking about two different guys here. He looked like a defensive lineman and wore 95 or something, but he was playing QB.
Zombo
Oooohhhh. I'm talking about Denard Robinson, current HB on the Jags.
You're talking about Devin Gardner. He wore #98 as a "Legacy Jersey" (dumb and we got rid of them). He can in as one of the top dual threat QBs in the country....
... He changed positions twice, had two HCs, 3 OCs and got absolutely destroyed behind our worst OL probably ever. We broke him. He's a great person, volunteers, etc..... But we straight up broke him.
-
3 OSU players overvalued and 2 Michigan players as sleepers? Hmmmm
Next year Michigan will have a large group coming into the draft. 2-4 1st round picks. Hopefully Harbaugh keeps them coming.
I think Lee can be pretty good though. The new prototypical NFL LB.
Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?
3 OSU players overvalued and 2 Michigan players as sleepers? Hmmmm
Yea, like I said, these gambling touts don't know shit from sherlock from shinola.
Next year Michigan will have a large group coming into the draft. 2-4 1st round picks. Hopefully Harbaugh keeps them coming.
You wanna give us some of those names?
I think Lee can be pretty good though. The new prototypical NFL LB.
Rudock completely turned it around by the end of the year with Harbaugh coaching. I think he'd be worth a very late pick and he could be a good, long term backup. Any questions about him?
UDFA, practice squad guy. Could develop into backup though.
-
Zombo said:
One more question:
It has probably already been asked, but ... Is this guy you?

No, I wear contacts.
But I was probably just emotionless on the outside. A shell. I didn't know how to react... I didn't know what just happened.
And then a few weeks later something similar happened to the browns. All I could do there was laugh
No, I wear contacts.
But I was probably just emotionless on the outside. A shell. I didn't know how to react... I didn't know what just happened.
And then a few weeks later something similar happened to the browns. All I could do there was laugh
I would have thought that you may have just shot yourself. But yea, typical Browns this day and age to mimic TUN.
-
The two I'd consider locks
J. Lewis - CB (could be the best CB in the draft)
J. Butt - TE (could be the best TE in the draft)
The two that could be there
J. Peppers - DB/LB (he'd have to declare early. It also depends on his performance this year at a "new" position. But he has all of the physical tools and is a dark horse Heisman candidate)
C. Wormley - DL (very good year last year, came back this year. If he can build on that success he might make it)
-
I just hit a button and somehow just erased a 20 minutes of typing and research and replying to your concerns Gip... I quit.
-
The two I'd consider locks
J. Lewis - CB (could be the best CB in the draft)
J. Butt - TE (could be the best TE in the draft)
The two that could be there
J. Peppers - DB/LB (he'd have to declare early. It also depends on his performance this year at a "new" position. But he has all of the physical tools and is a dark horse Heisman candidate)
C. Wormley - DL (very good year last year, came back this year. If he can build on that success he might make it)
The two I'd consider locks
J. Lewis - CB (could be the best CB in the draft)
J. Butt - TE (could be the best TE in the draft)
The two that could be there
J. Peppers - DB/LB (he'd have to declare early. It also depends on his performance this year at a "new" position. But he has all of the physical tools and is a dark horse Heisman candidate)
C. Wormley - DL (very good year last year, came back this year. If he can build on that success he might make it)
When did this become a Michigan thread? And isn't Peppers still in high school? Getting ahead of ourselves a bit?
-
It became a Michigan thread when others engaged in conversation with me about Michigan things.
Peppers won B1G Freshman of the year last year and is going into his So(RS) season
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
