Skip to content

Joe Thomas Quotes

The Browns Board
21 13 1.0k
  • Thomas

    : "I'm a valuable trade chip to the Browns...I love Cleveland and I always wanted to finish my career here..."

    WANTED ? reading between the lines is he being traded ?

    " I was so upset when Alex and Mitch moved on "," they said they wanted to keep them"....."obviously not"

  • I don't think anyone should be shocked that the new front office is looking to move him.

  • If hes good with being traded COOL shuffle him off to Buffalo for #19 and a 3rd and get a WR or....puck a PLAYER...any player!

  • Talking about it now on ESPN Cleveland radio ....

    Saying the trade could happen .......

  • I don't want it to happen....but if it must, I want to rob whomever takes him. No less than a #1 pick plus more.

    Teams will say that he will be entering his 10th season...and that they should never have to give up that much for someone with that much age on him.

    Fuck that. JT would be the LOT for the Browns or whomever they ship him to for at least the next 5-7 years imo.

    That is far more than a team will get out of any rookies.

    So...who would be the trade partners?

    From what I gather the following teams are looking for OT: Titans, Chiefs, Panthers, Packers, Vikings Seahawks, Rams, Falcons.

    Titans #15 may be OK.

    Falcons at #17? perhaps acceptable

    Vikings at #23....this is where we would need a pot sweetener...and all the following would have to give up their #1 plus more:

    Seahawks #26

    Packers #27

    Chiefs #28

    Panthers #30

    Rams can't do it. They have only #1....and nothing until round 4. And I think they already gave up their #1 next year, no?

    If none of these guys want to pay up big time.....screw them. We keep Joe.

  • Trade this fat ass while he still has any value.

  • I don't want it to happen....but if it must, I want to rob whomever takes him. No less than a #1 pick plus more.

    Teams will say that he will be entering his 10th season...and that they should never have to give up that much for someone with that much age on him.

    Fuck that. JT would be the LOT for the Browns or whomever they ship him to for at least the next 5-7 years imo.

    That is far more than a team will get out of any rookies.

    So...who would be the trade partners?

    From what I gather the following teams are looking for OT: Titans, Chiefs, Panthers, Packers, Vikings Seahawks, Rams, Falcons.

    Titans #15 may be OK.

    Falcons at #17? perhaps acceptable

    Vikings at #23....this is where we would need a pot sweetener...and all the following would have to give up their #1 plus more:

    Seahawks #26

    Packers #27

    Chiefs #28

    Panthers #30

    Rams can't do it. They have only #1....and nothing until round 4. And I think they already gave up their #1 next year, no?

    If none of these guys want to pay up big time.....screw them. We keep Joe.

    @the-gipper said:

    From what I gather the following teams are looking for OT: Titans, Chiefs, Panthers, Packers, Vikings Seahawks, Rams, Falcons.

    Titans #15 may be OK.

    Falcons at #17? perhaps acceptable

    Vikings at #23....this is where we would need a pot sweetener...and all the following would have to give up their #1 plus more:

    Seahawks #26

    Packers #27

    Chiefs #28

    Panthers #30

    Rams can't do it. They have only #1....and nothing until round 4. And I think they already gave up their #1 next year, no?

    If none of these guys want to pay up big time.....screw them. We keep Joe.

    Spotrac- Seattle-6M in cap. Lost Okung, signed Sowell 1 yr.- have 1 2nd rd. & 2 3rd rd. GB-10M in cap. LT Bakitiari FA in 17. have 1 pick in 2nd & 3rd & 3 4rders. Carolina- 30M in cap, out with Norman. LT M Oher FA in 17. have 1 pick in 2.3.4.5.7th rd.

    Don't see Minn. nor Atl. as in for JT

  • if we trade him....then the #8 pick is an OL. Either Tunsil or the dude from ND and then we can watch ghoolies head explode.

  • Please do it ASAP.

  • Slab up rebuild in progress. Makes perfect sense to trade him.

  • Hang on to him. The Browns have cap room so he's no cap casualty. He's the best offensive line player we have. Now if the right trade scenario came up by all means highly consider but don't just hand him over to some other team just because you don't like him for no reason. Geez

  • Where was this said? I checked the Browns app and didn't see any good interviews.

  • I wonder what we can get for Bito?

  • VesnaKociper said:

    As I told you, Sashi is a Ghoolie with no hair. This guy thinks like I do and it is now clear that the Browns are looking to get BOTH

    Paxton Lynch, and Doctson. Trading 8 down is too risky, Lynch may be gone. It makes more sense to trade a fat ass lineman and perhaps a later round pick and try to move up to the 20 area where a WR should be available.

    Clearly, Sashi agrees with the Ghooliola that Offensive Linemen are a dime a dozen and Joe Thomas can easily be replaced with a FA, a walk on or one of the later round compensatory picks. This guy seems to get it.

    Oh happy day when I don't have to dear about this fucking waste of a draft pick any more. PULEEEZE, trade his ass.

    At this very moment I am listening to the radio and they are saying that the Browns want to go down to get either Lynch, Docston or Treadwell.

    But if they go with a skill player, there is no way they trade their OT. The only way they trade JT is if they then choose another younger OT in round one.

    So,,,,now, Ghoolie/Sofie: Choose your poison: Keep JT, or trade him and then draft another OT high.

  • Thomas

    : "I'm a valuable trade chip to the Browns...I love Cleveland and I always wanted to finish my career here..."

    WANTED ? reading between the lines is he being traded ?

    " I was so upset when Alex and Mitch moved on "," they said they wanted to keep them"....."obviously not"

    @darren15 said:

    Thomas

    : "I'm a valuable trade chip to the Browns...I love Cleveland and I always wanted to finish my career here..."

    WANTED ? reading between the lines is he being traded ?

    " I was so upset when Alex and Mitch moved on "," they said they wanted to keep them"....."obviously not"

    remember this one:

    "My dick is NOT small. SERIOUSLY!

    It's these stupid brown pants (!)."

  • Joe Thomas says Browns told him they have no plans to trade him

    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 28, 2016, 12:37 PM EDT

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/28/joe-thomas-says-browns-told-him-they-have-no-plans-to-trade-him/

  • if we trade him....then the #8 pick is an OL. Either Tunsil or the dude from ND and then we can watch ghoolies head explode.

    @mark-o said:

    if we trade him....then the #8 pick is an OL. Either Tunsil or the dude from ND and then we can watch ghoolies head explode.

    We'll put it on YouTube. 🙂

    hqdefault.jpg

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Hang on to him. The Browns have cap room so he's no cap casualty. He's the best offensive line player we have. Now if the right trade scenario came up by all means highly consider but don't just hand him over to some other team just because you don't like him for no reason. Geez

    The only reason to trade him is age differential. And you'd have to draft another LT high. Ghoolie would hate that. Now if the Browns trade out of #8 with Elliott still on the board, MY head will explode. Don't forget Sashi has said they have a guy targeted at #8. So if that guy is there we're not moving down any further.

    If Zeke is gone, sure- trade down with whoever, and demand a second round pick from the boogers.

  • Gip should do an analysis of which LT starters around the league were drafted in the first. I don't buy this notion that if we trade JT, we HAVE to draft his replacement in the first.

  • Gip should do an analysis of which LT starters around the league were drafted in the first. I don't buy this notion that if we trade JT, we HAVE to draft his replacement in the first.

    @wargograw said:

    Gip should do an analysis of which LT starters around the league were drafted in the first. I don't buy this notion that if we trade JT, we HAVE to draft his

    replacement in the first.

    I so agree! If we trade JT we can go after TWO!!! 1st round playmakers reguardless of position!!! And be extremely happy:-}-and get one or two OL in the 3rd or 4th

  • Gip should do an analysis of which LT starters around the league were drafted in the first. I don't buy this notion that if we trade JT, we HAVE to draft his replacement in the first.

    @wargograw said:

    Gip should do an analysis of which LT starters around the league were drafted in the first. I don't buy this notion that if we trade JT, we HAVE to draft his replacement in the first.

    I am sure that in my data dumps that stuff was in there....just read them.