Skip to content

Calfox's Ultra-Mega Kinda-like Musical Chairs Less Stupid, Whole Lot Dumb Mock Draft

The Browns Board
25 10 701
  • What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #5

    @poeticg said:

    What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

    He is so raw, but what a talent that needs coached up to play in the NFL. I figure some team will be able to afford to reach for him in a later round - maybe even 4th/5th round... who knows. I watched an interview with him on the NFL channel - amazing kid, loves

    football - physically is the real deal. He'd have to sit a year and learn a lot, I imagine, before he could take the field.

    Look at the football Terrell Pryor has played, and he's still trying to become a starting WR......

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I love me some Zeke don't get me wrong, just not sure he wouldn't get run down while we're in the middle of a rebuild. Like by the time our line is worth a fuck he'd already be dinged up too hard. I just don't see him being that productive behind our line. There's only 3 guys that would produce for us in measurable ways "right now". That's Bosa, Tunsil and Ramsey. You could have added Smith in there before he got hurt. One of those 4 guys would have made the most immediate impact. Bosa and Smith would have made the most immediate impact on run defense which imo, is currently this teams most glaring deficiency. Not stopping the run affects the entire team including our offense.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #7

    A bit true. I don't like Tunsil as a Browns pick - red flag in college with dope?

    and, I'm just not sold on Bosa having the quickness and speed to do

    what I'd want him to do in a 3-4. Part-time OLB.

    Stopping the run is a giant priority - I figured that Cravens, Matakevich and Hargraves

    were three players who could seal the open rush door shut.

    I was watching a lengthy video - part of it was an interview with Danny Shelton. He was talking

    about how they mentioned to him not to eat himself out of the league...and he laughed....but then he started thinking

    about it, and now he is in training, bigtime, and has really changed his diet, in the offseason.

    My guess is that Danny Shelton becomes a FORCE on the dline, all three downs.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Don't recall a dope thing with Tunsil. He got suspended because he was paid n

  • Don't recall a dope thing with Tunsil. He got suspended because he was paid n

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @wargograw said:

    Don't recall a dope thing with Tunsil. He got suspended because he was paid n

    eh...it's a questionable red flag. DT Nkemdiche fell out a hotel window, drunk,

    with pot cigarettes... the hotel room had been trashed....

    and Tunsil was there...

    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2016/02/26/robert-nkemdiche-nfl-combine-interview/38500/

    β€œThere were more people in my room,” he said, adding that teammate Laremy Tunsil, projected to go No. 1 in the draft, was with him. β€œThe hotel was in my name. Nobody wanted to take the fall. It was under my name so it played out like that.”

    Doesn't mean Tunsil was guilty of smoking and drinking... it's the association that needs to be considered...

  • A bit true. I don't like Tunsil as a Browns pick - red flag in college with dope?

    and, I'm just not sold on Bosa having the quickness and speed to do

    what I'd want him to do in a 3-4. Part-time OLB.

    Stopping the run is a giant priority - I figured that Cravens, Matakevich and Hargraves

    were three players who could seal the open rush door shut.

    I was watching a lengthy video - part of it was an interview with Danny Shelton. He was talking

    about how they mentioned to him not to eat himself out of the league...and he laughed....but then he started thinking

    about it, and now he is in training, bigtime, and has really changed his diet, in the offseason.

    My guess is that Danny Shelton becomes a FORCE on the dline, all three downs.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @calfoxwc said:

    and, I'm just not sold on Bosa having the quickness and speed to do

    what I'd want him to do in a 3-4. Part-time OLB.

    .

    Again I ask someone what has Kruger done for us in the last few years that Bosa couldn't? Bosa's the same side and probably just as strong as Kruger but also probably a little faster. He's overall a better athlete than Kruger, and that's right now...forget about what 3-4 years in the league he could potentially develop into. So what did we ask of Armonty and Kruger that Bosa just wouldn't be capable of physically? As a true hybrid jack type Bosa would be just fine. In fact he'd probably read the run even better from the standup, and as it is now I think he would immediately be our best run stopper on the linebacking corp based on his fundamentals which i'm sorry but I don't see out of any of our current guys.

    I didn't just write all that like a Bosa fan boy and that we have to have him......if they interviewed him and he was a bitch about playing here than no fuck him.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    no, you are correct - I see Bosa as a lot like Kruger...

    but that's not a good thing if he has to cover on a pass play.

    In pass protection - he isn't all that, just like Kruger.

    If we draft him, I'm fine with it - what do I know, eh?

    To me, a Kruger-like player isn't a dramatic addition to the defense.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #12

    Im shocked. I like it other than Michael Thomas.

  • no, you are correct - I see Bosa as a lot like Kruger...

    but that's not a good thing if he has to cover on a pass play.

    In pass protection - he isn't all that, just like Kruger.

    If we draft him, I'm fine with it - what do I know, eh?

    To me, a Kruger-like player isn't a dramatic addition to the defense.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @calfoxwc said:

    no, you are correct - I see Bosa as a lot like Kruger...

    but that's not a good thing if he has to cover on a pass play.

    In pass protection - he isn't all that, just like Kruger.

    If we draft him, I'm fine with it - what do I know, eh?

    To me, a Kruger-like player isn't a dramatic addition to the defense.

    Well Kruger is a horrible run defender, so in that I agree what do we need another mediocre pass rusher who can't stop the run for? What Bosa is though is the best run defender in the draft. At the very least he will snot bubble any TE who's not basically an auxiliary OL. Kruger on the other hand can get nullified by pass catching TE's that pull spot run blocking duty...which is infuriating.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I've never smoked weed in my life but most of my friends do. The associations mean nothing if you're not doing it yourself.

  • What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @poeticg said:

    What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

    Po, now you're on to something. Top of the 4th, if there. Don't forget the Lions may reach for a guy like this, now that Megatron is retired.

    Also we already have our "project" Terrell Pryor on the roster. πŸ™‚

  • What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @poeticg said:

    What round would you guys think it would be safe to draft Mo in. Moritz Boehringer is going to be a beast. I don't think we can wait until the 6th or 7th round to snag him... To me, I see a playmaker in the NFL. Gotta be worth a forth to make sure we get him...

    Round 8...

  • Im shocked. I like it other than Michael Thomas.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mike-h said:

    Im shocked. I like it other than Michael Thomas.

    Thanks, man. I was up til 3 AM trying to finish the dumb thing....lol

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #18

    I liked Moritz Boehringer when he was named Terrelle Pryor.

  • I liked Moritz Boehringer when he was named Terrelle Pryor.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @unsympathetic said:

    I liked Moritz Boehringer when he was named Terrelle Pryor.

    Pretty much this.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Agree with you Cal on your final two picks. πŸ™‚

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Oh and Cal do you want to put this in the draft contest?

  • Agree with you Cal on your final two picks. πŸ™‚

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #22

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Agree with you Cal on your final two picks. πŸ™‚

    😎

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Agree with you Cal on your final two picks. πŸ™‚

    😎

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @calfoxwc said:

    😎

    I meant I have no idea either.
  • @mike-h said:

    Im shocked. I like it other than Michael Thomas.

    Thanks, man. I was up til 3 AM trying to finish the dumb thing....lol

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @calfoxwc said:

    Thanks, man. I was up til 3 AM trying to finish the dumb thing....lol

    Cravens is one of my favorite players.

    Substitute Treadwell for Michael Thomas and maybe Dak Prescott at some point, and we're in bidness