Skip to content

Draft Day 1 Thoughts

The Browns Board
237 45 9.4k
  • So nice to see a bloke so emotional, after being drafted.

    What's nice is seeing people bag out a bloke who hasn't played a game.

    Give Coleman a fucking chance, whingers like you pricks are what is wrong with this organisation.

  • @gftchris said:

    Paxton Lynch to Denver

    Thank god.

    Now someone needs to take Cook

    @mld-woody said:

    Thank god.

    Now someone needs to take Cook

    Agreed. Dallas...

  • @mld-woody said:

    Thank god.

    Now someone needs to take Cook

    Agreed. Dallas...

    @gftchris said:

    Agreed. Dallas...

    Yes I am not high on Cook at all, I would have favored Lynch over him, but yeah I would rather grab Cardale or Brissette

  • I liked Paxton a lot but what good is drafting a guy to sit for two years. Anyway the Browns need more wide receivers. At 32 I'm sticking with Michael Thomas, and then in the third round Kevin Hogan & another wide reciever plus a safety.

  • Hogan probably wouldn't be a bad mid round QB pick.

  • So nice to see a bloke so emotional, after being drafted.

    What's nice is seeing people bag out a bloke who hasn't played a game.

    Give Coleman a fucking chance, whingers like you pricks are what is wrong with this organisation.

    @tudeski said:

    So nice to see a bloke so emotional, after being drafted.

    What's nice is seeing people bag out a bloke who hasn't played a game.

    Give Coleman a fucking chance, whingers like you pricks are what is wrong with this organisation.

    what is a whinger? Is that some british term?

  • @tudeski said:

    So nice to see a bloke so emotional, after being drafted.

    What's nice is seeing people bag out a bloke who hasn't played a game.

    Give Coleman a fucking chance, whingers like you pricks are what is wrong with this organisation.

    what is a whinger? Is that some british term?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    what is a whinger? Is that some british term?

    Somebody who complains all the time.

    Aussie term probably, I have to be careful with slang.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    what is a whinger? Is that some british term?

    Somebody who complains all the time.

    Aussie term probably, I have to be careful with slang.

    @tudeski said:

    Somebody who complains all the time.

    Aussie term probably, I have to be careful with slang.

    Applies here too.

  • I sort of cheated because it was rumored on a couple of sports websites. And although I don't take rumors seriously...we're talking about the Browns. But Hogan wouldn't be a bad pick since we have so many! Some say he's not big enough so I have to wonder, he's 6'3" over 200.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    what is a whinger? Is that some british term?

    Somebody who complains all the time.

    Aussie term probably, I have to be careful with slang.

    @tudeski said:

    Somebody who complains all the time.

    Aussie term probably, I have to be careful with slang.

    The G is throwing me off. Here we would spell it "Whiner"

  • @tudeski said:

    Somebody who complains all the time.

    Aussie term probably, I have to be careful with slang.

    The G is throwing me off. Here we would spell it "Whiner"

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The G is throwing me off. Here we would spell it "Whiner"

    Different words. But yeah.

  • Fuck me. Just announced 'the browns have traded back in tot he first round! Oh wait, no they haven't...'

    Heart attack.

  • Fuck me. Just announced 'the browns have traded back in tot he first round! Oh wait, no they haven't...'

    Heart attack.

    @gftchris said:

    Fuck me. Just announced 'the browns have traded back in tot he first round! Oh wait, no they haven't...'

    Heart attack.

    Ha ha yeah Rich Eisen got excited their for a moment.

  • Jack is still sitting there at 32. We ought to take a chance on him. He's a good football player.

  • Coleman was a great pick for the Browns, the due is a PLAYMAKER. He knows how to get the ball in the end zone. Now second round do you double dip and take Thomas withe 32nd pick, or Bell Safety...IMO the best QB in the draft is the kid from Penn State. 3rd round ?? Find out tomorrow

  • Jack is still sitting there at 32. We ought to take a chance on him. He's a good football player.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Jack is still sitting there at 32. We ought to take a chance on him. He's a good football player.

    His medical exam is probably a lot worse than what we expected.

  • Been watching this Coleman film for 3 minutes.

    This kid owes Art Briles his Shmucking signing bonus. The offense gives him so many 1 on 1 looks its not even funny.

    Consistently puts the passing strength to the boundary, giving both Coleman and his QB clear and easy reads.

    Quick feet, hands don't appear good. Going to keep watching but so far I see a kid who has good speed, great burst and so-so routes playing against average corners with zero safety help.

    edit: Shmuck Art Briles and this offensive system as well. Lazy, lazy, lazy WR's and I can tell you blocking will be an issue unless Coleman's mentality changes overnight.

  • 10 damn minutes for that pick. The NFL told them to wait it out. going to be a long night. Vodka and OJ the flavor of the night. GO BROWNS!!

    @cambridgeho said:

    10 damn minutes for that pick. The NFL told them to wait it out. going to be a long night. Vodka and OJ the flavor of the night. GO BROWNS!!

    That pissed me off- the Rams could have stepped up 10 seconds after Roger and made the pick. It was f**cking obvious ESPN knew who the pick was going to be and milked it for every second it was worth. 🙁

    @gftchris said:

    On the other hand, we can just run the Baylor playbook if Gordon gets reinstated

    Yup.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Jack is still sitting there at 32. We ought to take a chance on him. He's a good football player.

    Not with teams thinking he has a KW II knee.

  • Good speed... this kid can't be covered at the next level. Teams looking to double Josh Gordon or Pryor or Big Play Barnidge are going to be shredded by Coleman.

    A littler guy but plays like he's 6'4", goes up and fights for the ball. And that speed though. That can't be taught. Kid could be a number 1 WR in the NFL. Griffin just made a new best friend.

    Now, we turned that number two pick into:

    Corey Coleman. The Best WR in the draft, the drafts most dangerous weapon on offense IMO.

    And having 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds and maybe 2 fourths next year will be equivalent to having around 2 drafts next year. Boss Hogs. Welcome to the new era. Get ready to taste victories gentlemen, it's been too long.

  • Well, I had the Browns trading down with Tennessee at 15, but I bought into

    the tall wr's thing, like Hue had in Cincy.

    But what they did, was to draft a 5'10", explosive wr. They went with a kid who

    can shred secondaries after exploding off the los.

    Coleman had more TD passes than any other wr in the draft. Doctson, Treadwell,

    even Michael Thomas, had questions about their ability to get off the los

    dynamically in the pros.

    No such worry about Coleman. I believe the Browns have their Antonio Brown type wr.....only

    faster and more explosive than Antonio Brown... and a lot like Steve Smith Jr.

    One defensive coach said he gave them fits - you press him, he got behind you, you play him loose,

    and the ball gets to him and he takes off with high speed... and Coleman is feisty, 100% competitive.

    I wouldn't have predicted it, but I like it.