Draft Day 1 Thoughts
-
Been watching this Coleman film for 3 minutes.
This kid owes Art Briles his fucking signing bonus. The offense gives him so many 1 on 1 looks its not even funny.
Consistently puts the passing strength to the boundary, giving both Coleman and his QB clear and easy reads.
Quick feet, hands appear decent enough. Going to keep watching but so far I see a kid who has good speed and ok routes playing against average corners with zero safety help.
edit: Fuck Art Briles and this offensive system as well. Lazy, lazy, lazy WR's and I can tell you blocking will be an issue unless Coleman's mentality changes overnight.
Oh boy. I've got to find my Coleman post from a day or two again. I literally touched on:
1. Art Briles' offense gets everyone open consistently
2. Most plays are one-read
3. Briles tells the receivers to loaf when they're not relevant in a play to save their legs for later. It's actually smart.
I failed to mention that Big 12 corners suck, as you did, but that is a consistent meme from me so it went without saying.
We are agreeing too much lately

Oh boy. I've got to find my Coleman post from a day or two again. I literally touched on:
1. Art Briles' offense gets everyone open consistently
2. Most plays are one-read
3. Briles tells the receivers to loaf when they're not relevant in a play to save their legs for later. It's actually smart.
I failed to mention that Big 12 corners suck, as you did, but that is a consistent meme from me so it went without saying.
We are agreeing too much lately

The offense is lazy in and of their downfield blocking - and when the ball isn't coming the receivers way they have a very obvious 'tell'. I'm shocked more DB's and defensive coordinators didn't pick up on that. Its beyond obvious to me from a camera in the press box, on the field it has to slap you in the face from being so overt.
As for the agreeing, stick around... Most of the players I've been right about might surprise you.
-
I assume they're faking off of all those tells throughout the game.
-
Well lets hope Gordon comes back. Then RG3 has two Baylor WRs and they should develop some crazy good chemistry.
-
Here is a highlight video of Coleman you guys may enjoy:
I did some research as I was curious as how his combine matched up with Eric Metcalf who was touted as a speedster out of Texas. Unfortunately I couldn't find the numbers for comparison but in terms of dash Metcalf was faster but Coleman seems to have a higher vertical. Obviously it is wishful thinking but, at the same time, it is nice to have a speedy WR/PR again. Hopefully that translates into production on the field.
-
Really like what the new staff has done. Getting good grades too: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php
Really like what the new staff has done. Getting good grades too: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php
Not so good here. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker
But they rated Elliott to Dallas the worst pick in the draft when I think it was the perfect pick in the draft for both player and team.
-
If anything, this draft has really let the dumbasses on the board shine through
At least you admit to it. Good man.
-
Looking at grades...one mans A- is another mans C+
Everyone has different opinions and you cannot grade players IMO until they have actually played some games......
From 2014
the Cleveland Browns
Cleveland Browns first-round draft picks Johnny Manziel
and Justin Gilbert answer media questions May 9, 2014 at the Browns' headquarters in Berea. (John Kuntz / The Plain Dealer) (John Kuntz)
Cleveland BrownsThe picks: 8. Justin Gilbert, cornerback, Oklahoma State. 22. Johnny Manziel, quarterback, Texas A&M. 35. Joel Bitonio, guard, Nevada. 71. Christian Kirksey, inside linebacker, Iowa. 94. Terrance West, running back, Towson. 127. Pierre Desir, cornerback, Lindenwood.
Best pick: Johnny Manziel – The Cleveland Browns finally have an answer at quarterback. Manziel is exactly the player the franchise needs, a guy who can create buzz off-the-field and make the Browns relevant while also fixing the problem at quarterback, which has led to years and years of futility.
Worst pick: Christian Kirksey – The Browns didn't have what I would consider a bad pick. But if I have to pick one I will go with Kirksey. Even though he is exactly the kind of linebacker the Browns needed – a fast guy with coverage ability - they passed on wide receiver Donte Moncrief in order to get him.
Analysis: Taking Teddy Twatwater, the best quarterback in the draft and second best player overall, is the only thing that could have made this draft better for the Browns. New general manager Ray Farmer leaves his first draft with a franchise quarterback, three future picks and four starters (Gilbert, Manziel, Bitonio and Kirksey). He also grabbed a gem in West, who fits perfectly in Kyle Shanahan's new offensive system and has the talent to be the best running back from this class in a few years. The two biggest issues for the Browns, quarterback and cornerback, were both addressed in the first round. They had the choice of receiver or Bitonio in the second round, and made the right choice with Bitonio. A reported looming suspension for Josh Gordon shouldn't take away from Farmer's terrific draft class, which has the Browns poised to end the streak of double-digit loss seasons.
GRADE A
WOOOHOOOOO we got an A ........Manziel hailed as a brilliant pick and Terrance West a gem.
-
I like Coleman already. Directly asked if he believed his size was an issue for the NFL. His response:
“If size mattered elephants would be the king of the jungle"
-
Ever seen a lion fuck with a grown elephant?
This is all fine by me since we didn't get Goff.
I am concerned you have been marred for life...
Really like what the new staff has done. Getting good grades too: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php
PFF liked us as well... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/28/draft-2016-nfl-draft-pick-by-pick-grades-and-analysis-of-round-1-2/
Also dumped on the Steelers...
Then again they dumped on my boy, Decker... putzes... the lot of them...
Well lets hope Gordon comes back. Then RG3 has two Baylor WRs and they should develop some crazy good chemistry.
... or Pryor develops.
Offense now has a take-the-top-off, deep threat. If Pryor or Gordon provide a complementary threat with size, then we may have something brewing.
If not... not... but there's always next year.
-
Don't forget Barnidge. I expect us to pick up a developmental pass catching TE to go alongside Barnidge (he's cracking on after all) on saturday.
-
-
-
Gipper question: When was the last time the draft started with three white dudes?
Gipper question: When was the last time the draft started with three white dudes?
Not that long ago: 2008. Jake Long, Chris Long, Matt Ryan
-
-
Could've gotten the same player in the 3rd round Sterling Shepard
Could've gotten the same player in the 3rd round Sterling Shepard
We may still take Shepard if he is there.
-
2015 Biletnikoff award winner (best WR in college football) the #1 WR on many "draft guru's" board, a nasty player, and a position of desperate need, and yet that's not good enough for some of us????????
2015 Biletnikoff award winner (best WR in college football) the #1 WR on many "draft guru's" board, a nasty player, and a position of desperate need, and yet that's not good enough for some of us????????
Coleman was #2 best WR on CBS prospect list.....Treadwell #1. What Coleman has that Treadwell doesn't: speed and the ability to separate. Treadwell known for being good in traffic.......so is Coleman. Yet Treadwell will always likely be in traffic due to slow speed. Coleman will out run the traffic.
-
what is a whinger? Is that some british term?
Variation on Whiner, Wendy.
-
10 damn minutes for that pick. The NFL told them to wait it out. going to be a long night. Vodka and OJ the flavor of the night. GO BROWNS!!
That pissed me off- the Rams could have stepped up 10 seconds after Roger and made the pick. It was f**cking obvious ESPN knew who the pick was going to be and milked it for every second it was worth.

On the other hand, we can just run the Baylor playbook if Gordon gets reinstated
Yup.
Jack is still sitting there at 32. We ought to take a chance on him. He's a good football player.
Not with teams thinking he has a KW II knee.
That pissed me off- the Rams could have stepped up 10 seconds after Roger and made the pick. It was f**cking obvious ESPN knew who the pick was going to be and milked it for every second it was worth.

Yup.
Not with teams thinking he has a KW II knee.
Remember, the Draft is a TV Show now. They need to keep the drama/tension up.
-
Here is a highlight video of Coleman you guys may enjoy:
I did some research as I was curious as how his combine matched up with Eric Metcalf who was touted as a speedster out of Texas. Unfortunately I couldn't find the numbers for comparison but in terms of dash Metcalf was faster but Coleman seems to have a higher vertical. Obviously it is wishful thinking but, at the same time, it is nice to have a speedy WR/PR again. Hopefully that translates into production on the field.
Here is a highlight video of Coleman you guys may enjoy:
I did some research as I was curious as how his combine matched up with Eric Metcalf who was touted as a speedster out of Texas. Unfortunately I couldn't find the numbers for comparison but in terms of dash Metcalf was faster but Coleman seems to have a higher vertical. Obviously it is wishful thinking but, at the same time, it is nice to have a speedy WR/PR again. Hopefully that translates into production on the field.
We certainly need a return man.....and if he fits the bill....great.
-
Really like what the new staff has done. Getting good grades too: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php
Not so good here. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker
But they rated Elliott to Dallas the worst pick in the draft when I think it was the perfect pick in the draft for both player and team.
Not so good here. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker
But they rated Elliott to Dallas the worst pick in the draft when I think it was the perfect pick in the draft for both player and team.
Any "grading of the draft" at this point is an exercise in ignorance.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login