We Open Up Day 2. Who is it?
-
We dont need any more picks this year...
At some point you have to start accumulating good players, not just good-looking picks...
-
I'm okay with trading down a bit if it allows us to pick up some ammo to move back into the 2nd round. Two picks in both the 2nd and 3rd would be ideal as this is where a majority of the value is in this draft.
If we could pull my little scenario off, I'd love getting help at
OL - preferably tackle but a center would work
ILB
Edge Rusher
WR/TE maybe RB - another weapon basically
If we could pull that off, I think we'd be in a great position heading into the final rounds. We probably wouldn't have as many picks 4-7 with my scenario but we would have already made a nice in little dent in our litany of needs.
-
We have 1 2nd rounder, 3 3rds and 3 4ths left to pick. You bet your ass we will be moving all over the next 3 rounds.
-
Hunter Henry - Barnidge won't be here forever.
Derrick Henry - Biggest RB I've seen in a while.
Myles Jack - Guy was a top 1-5 pick leading all the way up to the draft.
Whitehair/Westerman - If one of them could solve the RT spot, this would be a good pick.
I'd only trade out of this spot for 2nds(one this year and one next year) and a 3rd. Or a first rounder next year.
- Hunter Henry - Barnidge won't be here forever.
- Derrick Henry - Biggest RB I've seen in a while.
- Myles Jack - Guy was a top 1-5 pick leading all the way up to the draft.
- Whitehair/Westerman - If one of them could solve the RT spot, this would be a good pick.
- Hunter's OK, but there are other options.
- Size? Really?
- No Jack...
- Never draft an OG to do an OT's job...
I'm okay with trading down a bit if it allows us to pick up some ammo to move back into the 2nd round.
Ding Ding Ding... someone gets "it"...
-
- Hunter Henry - Barnidge won't be here forever.
- Derrick Henry - Biggest RB I've seen in a while.
- Myles Jack - Guy was a top 1-5 pick leading all the way up to the draft.
- Whitehair/Westerman - If one of them could solve the RT spot, this would be a good pick.
- Hunter's OK, but there are other options.
- Size? Really?
- No Jack...
- Never draft an OG to do an OT's job...
I'm okay with trading down a bit if it allows us to pick up some ammo to move back into the 2nd round.
Ding Ding Ding... someone gets "it"...
-
There is a ton of action right now w/ the #Browns No. 32 pick. They'll have to LOVE a player there not to accept one of these offers.
-
There is a ton of action right now w/ the #Browns No. 32 pick. They'll have to LOVE a player there not to accept one of these offers.
There is a ton of action right now w/ the #Browns No. 32 pick. They'll have to LOVE a player there not to accept one of these offers.
In the drivers seat for a 3rd time in one draft. Not bad for rookies if they cash it in for a great draft.
-
Consensus from evaluators: More talented players available than anticipated. May increase trades in early 2nd. Dallas could move up or back
More talented players available than anticipated = heftier cost for the #32 pick. Go get em, Harvard.
-
-
I would take a kings ransom for Myles Jack.
Regardless of what we think about knee injuries. We have to look at the player. Hell, RG3 had knee issues, he's going to return from that. Look, we are building through the draft and have already gotten so many future picks that Myles could be replaced if the knee isn't good.
BUT, if the knee is good. We get an amazing COVER LB with instincts and speed. We do NOT have that in Cleveland right now. He could be a bridge to the future for us.
I'm all in on Myles Jack... unless I'm getting a first round pick and then some...
We need JACK.
-
To be honest, in this situation I might consider moving back a spot or two but having someone like Ragland there would be difficult to pass up.
To be honest, in this situation I might consider moving back a spot or two but having someone like Ragland there would be difficult to pass up.
Trading back makes sense. Teams have had a day to stress over who they want and whether or not they'll be there. This is like starting the draft over and we have the #1 pick. We could get someone to overpay to get their guy.
-
-
I would take a kings ransom for Myles Jack.
Regardless of what we think about knee injuries. We have to look at the player. Hell, RG3 had knee issues, he's going to return from that. Look, we are building through the draft and have already gotten so many future picks that Myles could be replaced if the knee isn't good.
BUT, if the knee is good. We get an amazing COVER LB with instincts and speed. We do NOT have that in Cleveland right now. He could be a bridge to the future for us.
I'm all in on Myles Jack... unless I'm getting a first round pick and then some...
We need JACK.
I would take a kings ransom for Myles Jack.
Regardless of what we think about knee injuries. We have to look at the player. Hell, RG3 had knee issues, he's going to return from that. Look, we are building through the draft and have already gotten so many future picks that Myles could be replaced if the knee isn't good.
BUT, if the knee is good. We get an amazing COVER LB with instincts and speed. We do NOT have that in Cleveland right now. He could be a bridge to the future for us.
I'm all in on Myles Jack... unless I'm getting a first round pick and then some...
We need JACK.
I will admit to you the knee is concerning. But look how far has our medical advancement have come and how much farther will they go? The brightest and most advanced medical teams in the world are working on NFL Players and doing incredible research and treatments. There has to be a way to fix Jack, he has it all in his head, it's there. The athlete was there before the injury. 4 years of Myles Jack is well, worth the 2nd round pick... even then we'd be spoiled from the kid.
-
Didn't think Browns would make all 12 picks, and still don't... but just in case....
Need to verify, but looks like Dolphins have record for most picks by one team in a 7-round draft: 14 in 1997. Browns getting close.
-
-
Someone else said QB Cook. Which is it?
And what would we get in return from Dallas?
-
When does this round start?
-
When does this round start?
When does this round start?
7:00 pm Eastern time, I believe.
-
What's dropping 2 spots gonna do for us?? We might get a 6th for that. Not worth it IMO. We could sit where we are and for sure take the guy we want. A 6th is useless to me, especially when we're already LOADED with picks.
-
Someone else said QB Cook. Which is it?
And what would we get in return from Dallas?
Someone else said QB Cook. Which is it?
And what would we get in return from Dallas?
To answer my own question......We have #32, Dallas has #34. #32= 590 draft value point #34= 560 pt. We would need about 30 points to go back....but, in this draft beside comp picks that cannot be traded, Dallas has only picks #101, and 189.
189 is only worth 15.8 points. 101 is worth 96 points. One would be too little and another would be too much.
Perhaps if we take 101, and give the 138 back, that could make the deal. But, again, the numbers may not come that close.
I think it would probably involve picks next year, again.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

