Corey Coleman !
-
Agreed. Always gonna be whiners abiut their picks. We finally drafted a play maker and people still pissed. Coleman is going to require a lot of attention on the field opening up some coverages for others.
Ive been very impressed with the new regime so far. Stock piling picks for this year and next. We can use those to build a team for long term. They can evaluate this year and fill more holes next year. More picks = better odds of finding good core talent.
-
btw, Corey Coleman has a vertical jump of
40.5 inches. That is outstanding.
-
The antidote to physical corners at the line is not a small receiver with quickness. In fact, if that's the issue you're seeking to tackle, Treadwell did so to a T. Alas....
-
Is it a whine to wonder if he is a #1 WR? Is so, then I'm a whiner.
What I see is a Benji replacement with a couple more branches on his rookie route tree and an interest in fighting for a ball. Not nothing, but not a #1.
Is it a whine to wonder if he is a #1 WR? Is so, then I'm a whiner.
What I see is a Benji replacement with a couple more branches on his rookie route tree and an interest in fighting for a ball. Not nothing, but not a #1.
Me too, I don't see him as a #1. And I whined about the pick because of it - but I hope the FO is right about it.
-
Is it a whine to wonder if he is a #1 WR? Is so, then I'm a whiner.
What I see is a Benji replacement with a couple more branches on his rookie route tree and an interest in fighting for a ball. Not nothing, but not a #1.
Is it a whine to wonder if he is a #1 WR? Is so, then I'm a whiner.
What I see is a Benji replacement with a couple more branches on his rookie route tree and an interest in fighting for a ball. Not nothing, but not a #1.
His size and speed are the same but the problem is that's where the comparisons should really stop. First, he plays almost 20 pounds heavier than Benjamin and based on combine numbers has nearly 3 inches of vertical jump over him. I'm not going to (or really have the skill to) go into a high level breakdown, but watching highlights they are just two different players.
I understand the concern, but you don't have to be a 6'3' dude to be an elite WR. Our division rival sure shows that every year and that OBJ guy is doing pretty well for himself too.
-
But Treadwell doesn't stretch the field. Now, if you got Treadwell, and
Sterling Sharpe later...
that would be interesting. But like a lot of players say - in the NFL, everybody
was great in college.
from CBSSports:
"Speed is average for the position, lacking a second gear vertically to easily gain a step.
Will have the occasional focus drop, running before securing the catch. Physicality is his calling card, but will also lead to offensive interference penalties with the way he uses his hands at times. Aggressive blocker, but will get overeager and fall off his man.
Emotionally charged competitor, which led to false start and unsportsmanlike penalties in college. Medicals are important to ensure no lingering issues from his Nov. 2014 left leg injury (broken fibula, dislocated ankle)."
I don't dislike Treadwell, it's just that I don't see him as the ideal #1. That's why I went with Michael Thomas
in my really dumb mock draft. lol
-
Is it a whine to wonder if he is a #1 WR? Is so, then I'm a whiner.
What I see is a Benji replacement with a couple more branches on his rookie route tree and an interest in fighting for a ball. Not nothing, but not a #1.
Is it a whine to wonder if he is a #1 WR? Is so, then I'm a whiner.
What I see is a Benji replacement with a couple more branches on his rookie route tree and an interest in fighting for a ball. Not nothing, but not a #1.
No and I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. Sky is falling wah wah they didn't make my pick. Analyzing a pick is one thing but bitching because they didn't make your pick is whining
-
I'm just saying you probably shouldn't cite Coleman's ability to fight physical corners, Cal. Because we have little evidence of that and insofar as we do, they're sissy Big 12 guys. They have bad corners there.
And this Treadwell can't stretch the field thing is a narrative evidenced exclusively by his 40 time. It's not true on tape at all. On the field, he burned everyone. A&M has a CB that ran a 4.37 at the combine. Treadwell rocked his world all game.
-
We got rid of the QB midget, now we have a wide receiver midget. Good going......
-
I don't see him as a "#1 WR", but I DO see him as a weapon, and before him, we basically didn't have any at the WR position. Like, at all. In fact, our entire TEAM is somewhat void of weapons, but an argument can be made for Duke Johnson and Gary Barnidge...both players I like immensely. In fact, I think Hue Jackson is the perfect coach to get the most out of Duke and Gary, as well as Coleman.
I have to be honest, I wanted Treadwell with our pick. I wanted a red zone weapon, someone that would help us score points when we finally got close to pay dirt. We were awful in the red zone last year (don't remember our rank, but it HAD to be near the bottom), and drafting Coleman doesn't really help us TOO much in the red zone (in my opinion), but he does provide us with explosiveness...something we didn't have much of.
I don't care WHAT offense Coleman played in, 20 TD's in one year is just Retarded. And the thing I love is watching him catch the short pass, and turn it into a LONG gain! THAT'S what we need, and that's what he brings. The ability to take the ordinary, and make it extraordinary. We had a severe lack of people that can do that. And who knows? Maybe I'm dead wrong about the red zone thing. Perhaps his 40 inch vertical (40 damn inches!) will enable him to go up and grab some TD's! Coleman is certainly not a weak guy...he looks completely JACKED.
Speaking of "Jacked"...any way we can take Myles Jack with our next pick? I know we need starters NOW, and the Browns are probably the LAST team that can take a risk, but damn...
A potential playmaker on both defense AND offense with the first two picks? Oh, AND having two first round and two second rounders next year? Man...
-
I'm just saying you probably shouldn't cite Coleman's ability to fight physical corners, Cal. Because we have little evidence of that and insofar as we do, they're sissy Big 12 guys. They have bad corners there.
And this Treadwell can't stretch the field thing is a narrative evidenced exclusively by his 40 time. It's not true on tape at all. On the field, he burned everyone. A&M has a CB that ran a 4.37 at the combine. Treadwell rocked his world all game.
I'm just saying you probably shouldn't cite Coleman's ability to fight physical corners, Cal. Because we have little evidence of that and insofar as we do, they're sissy Big 12 guys. They have bad corners there.
And this Treadwell can't stretch the field thing is a narrative evidenced exclusively by his 40 time. It's not true on tape at all. On the field, he burned everyone. A&M has a CB that ran a 4.37 at the combine. Treadwell rocked his world all game.
Well, I didn't mean to do that. A defensive coach said he exploded off the los and they couldn't get
hands on him to slow him down, and when you'd back off, he'd make you pay.. said Coleman gave
them fits and they couldn't stop him.
Later on, after round three, there is no player like Coleman. Sterling Sharpe may go in the late second....
Later on, there is a player that would be the tall wide reciever like Treadwell. His name is Michael Thomas,
the one from Southern Mississippi. I wouldn't judge the Browns too quickly.... this kid
is a Treadwell type player - he is just an inch shorter.
-
Just so we don't have to repeat this many times... the Browns drafted the most EXPLOSIVE
WR on the entire draft board. Explosive off the los, a true burner, and a heck of
a football player.
Even Doctson, who is taller, has questions on his getting off the los vs phsycial
cb's in the NFL.
That has been the trouble with Browns' wr's in the past - not explosive off the los, out of
their cuts. Can't get open.
No more.
by far the most explosive off the los wr is Coleman. The fastest of the elite class
of wr's, is obviously Coleman. That includes Michael Thomas, who isn't explosive
off the los, but ran a 4.41 during his pro day.
Antonio Brown - 5'10", 188 lbs. Ran a 4.5 forty.
I've read where Coleman is closer to 5'11"....
The Browns have drafted their own version of Antonio Brown. Only faster,
and more explosive.
I MEAN, SERIOUSLY - Check this out:
Here is a few negatives:
"Release: Takes time to get to speed off the line, but can accelerate past safeties in coverage if unabated. Will struggle against press, and must work on his hand play on the line."
"After the catch: Can be elusive, but lacks elite acceleration after the catch. "
that isn't Coleman. That is Antonio Brown.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1272852
The Browns drafted a player with a higher
upside than Antonio Brown, speedwise/explosivewise.
A really smart pick - even brilliant.. I won't be surprised if they pick a taller wr later as a major red zone
target... but red zone targets don't stretch the field and give defenses serious fits
until ...the red zone.
Check this out:
Just so we don't have to repeat this many times... the Browns drafted the most EXPLOSIVE
WR on the entire draft board. Explosive off the los, a true burner, and a heck of
a football player.
Even Doctson, who is taller, has questions on his getting off the los vs phsycial
cb's in the NFL.
That has been the trouble with Browns' wr's in the past - not explosive off the los, out of
their cuts. Can't get open.
No more.
by far the most explosive off the los wr is Coleman. The fastest of the elite class
of wr's, is obviously Coleman. That includes Michael Thomas, who isn't explosive
off the los, but ran a 4.41 during his pro day.
Antonio Brown - 5'10", 188 lbs. Ran a 4.5 forty.
I've read where Coleman is closer to 5'11"....
The Browns have drafted their own version of Antonio Brown. Only faster,
and more explosive.
I MEAN, SERIOUSLY - Check this out:
Here is a few negatives:
"Release: Takes time to get to speed off the line, but can accelerate past safeties in coverage if unabated. Will struggle against press, and must work on his hand play on the line."
"After the catch: Can be elusive, but lacks elite acceleration after the catch. "
that isn't Coleman. That is Antonio Brown.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1272852
The Browns drafted a player with a higher
upside than Antonio Brown, speedwise/explosivewise.
A really smart pick - even brilliant.. I won't be surprised if they pick a taller wr later as a major red zone
target... but red zone targets don't stretch the field and give defenses serious fits
until ...the red zone.
Check this out:
Don't get crazy now, I think the trade downs are genius and I like Coleman but the Antonio brown comparisons are a little nutty. Brown is as good as he is because he won't be outworked. Brown didn't have a tremendous combine.
-
"They" say that Doctson and Michael Thomas, Ohio State, are the two most well-rounded
wr's in the draft.
All I'm saying is, the Browns have just started. I figure they won't get Michael Thomas, Ohio State.
But, what if they draft Michael Thomas, S. Miss, ? They get their bigger wr, and they have Coleman.
Check this out - S. Miss even used their Michael Thomas as a kr. Seriously.
-
I'm just saying you probably shouldn't cite Coleman's ability to fight physical corners, Cal. Because we have little evidence of that and insofar as we do, they're sissy Big 12 guys. They have bad corners there.
And this Treadwell can't stretch the field thing is a narrative evidenced exclusively by his 40 time. It's not true on tape at all. On the field, he burned everyone. A&M has a CB that ran a 4.37 at the combine. Treadwell rocked his world all game.
I'm just saying you probably shouldn't cite Coleman's ability to fight physical corners, Cal. Because we have little evidence of that and insofar as we do, they're sissy Big 12 guys. They have bad corners there.
I heard from a source (Eric Striker) that the SEC isn't shit.
-
Just so we don't have to repeat this many times... the Browns drafted the most EXPLOSIVE
WR on the entire draft board. Explosive off the los, a true burner, and a heck of
a football player.
Even Doctson, who is taller, has questions on his getting off the los vs phsycial
cb's in the NFL.
That has been the trouble with Browns' wr's in the past - not explosive off the los, out of
their cuts. Can't get open.
No more.
by far the most explosive off the los wr is Coleman. The fastest of the elite class
of wr's, is obviously Coleman. That includes Michael Thomas, who isn't explosive
off the los, but ran a 4.41 during his pro day.
Antonio Brown - 5'10", 188 lbs. Ran a 4.5 forty.
I've read where Coleman is closer to 5'11"....
The Browns have drafted their own version of Antonio Brown. Only faster,
and more explosive.
I MEAN, SERIOUSLY - Check this out:
Here is a few negatives:
"Release: Takes time to get to speed off the line, but can accelerate past safeties in coverage if unabated. Will struggle against press, and must work on his hand play on the line."
"After the catch: Can be elusive, but lacks elite acceleration after the catch. "
that isn't Coleman. That is Antonio Brown.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1272852
The Browns drafted a player with a higher
upside than Antonio Brown, speedwise/explosivewise.
A really smart pick - even brilliant.. I won't be surprised if they pick a taller wr later as a major red zone
target... but red zone targets don't stretch the field and give defenses serious fits
until ...the red zone.
Check this out:
Don't get crazy now, I think the trade downs are genius and I like Coleman but the Antonio brown comparisons are a little nutty. Brown is as good as he is because he won't be outworked. Brown didn't have a tremendous combine.
Don't get crazy now, I think the trade downs are genius and I like Coleman but the Antonio brown comparisons are a little nutty. Brown is as good as he is because he won't be outworked. Brown didn't have a tremendous combine.
Ha. I already posted where he is officially compared to Antonio Brown. The comparison stands - of course Brown
worked hard in the NFL. Corey Coleman isn't there yet, how can he match that? Coleman won the Bietnikoff Award.
I don't think you win that by not working hard.
What if I said Corey Coleman has SUPERSTAR POTENTIAL at the NFL level?
Well, it's already been said by someone else:
-
-
I think you don't judge the player in a vacuum, but in light of how our overall picks complement one another towards overall team needs. Jury far from in yet.
-
I don't see him as a "#1 WR", but I DO see him as a weapon, and before him, we basically didn't have any at the WR position. Like, at all. In fact, our entire TEAM is somewhat void of weapons, but an argument can be made for Duke Johnson and Gary Barnidge...both players I like immensely. In fact, I think Hue Jackson is the perfect coach to get the most out of Duke and Gary, as well as Coleman.
I have to be honest, I wanted Treadwell with our pick. I wanted a red zone weapon, someone that would help us score points when we finally got close to pay dirt. We were awful in the red zone last year (don't remember our rank, but it HAD to be near the bottom), and drafting Coleman doesn't really help us TOO much in the red zone (in my opinion), but he does provide us with explosiveness...something we didn't have much of.
I don't care WHAT offense Coleman played in, 20 TD's in one year is just Retarded. And the thing I love is watching him catch the short pass, and turn it into a LONG gain! THAT'S what we need, and that's what he brings. The ability to take the ordinary, and make it extraordinary. We had a severe lack of people that can do that. And who knows? Maybe I'm dead wrong about the red zone thing. Perhaps his 40 inch vertical (40 damn inches!) will enable him to go up and grab some TD's! Coleman is certainly not a weak guy...he looks completely JACKED.
Speaking of "Jacked"...any way we can take Myles Jack with our next pick? I know we need starters NOW, and the Browns are probably the LAST team that can take a risk, but damn...
A potential playmaker on both defense AND offense with the first two picks? Oh, AND having two first round and two second rounders next year? Man...
I don't see him as a "#1 WR", but I DO see him as a weapon...be I'm dead wrong about the red zone thing. Perhaps his 40 inch vertical (40 damn inches!) will enable him to go up and grab some TD's! Coleman is certainly not a weak guy...he looks completely JACKED.
Good post...
Coleman's promise of taking the top off a D is something Hue prizes. And more than speed, he has enough of a route tree to be able to do that... arriving with roughly the same tree as it took Benji seasons to develop.
And I do see the difference between Coleman and Benji... understand they are not the same player. They are, however, filling the same role... perhaps roles, if CC returns punts.
-
Well, the "#1" wr on most pundit's lists... was Treadwell. He was drafted...fourth?
The fourth wr drafted. Think about that. The top listed Treadwell wasn't drafted
until pick 23. Surely there is a reason for that.
Terry Pluto said Treadwell was his favorite wr in the draft. Mine was actually
Mike Thomas up on high, and Mike Thomas, not even on the list, from S. Miss
I posted about above.
Pluto also said this:
"I asked Hue Jackson what he liked the most about Coleman"
"Touchdowns," said the Browns new coach.
In his article, he says "Football Outsiders (an analytics-based web site) gave Coleman
its highest "Playmaker Score" for 2016. "Because Baylor passed the ball only
389 times, Coleman scored a touchdown on 5.1 (percent) of Baylor's passes," wrote
Nathan Forster, "That's an incredibile ratio which has been topped by only four
elite college players: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Dez Bryant and Demarylus Thomas..."
Look, all this as Baylor had four qb's injured, their offense was in a mess.
I didn't realize it, but the Browns drafted the best wr in this year's draft class.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login