Carl Nassib
-
Don't remember if he was standing up, but I did see him drop at least once and he said in an interview tonight that he dropped a time or two in every game last season, FWIW.
I think you throw 15-20 more pounds on him (he showed up to PSU at 215 and is 275 now so who knows if he's at his ceiling or if he can still grow comfortably), sacrifice some of the pass rushing abilities, and you've got yourself a really good, complete, 3-4 DE.
I worry more about Ogbah's transition than this one, but Hue said Ogbah stood up a lot in college.
I wouldn't put any additional weight on Carl. His game is what the tape shows a LE in a four man front which we'll play plenty of. He'll give a tackle fits here and there, he'll probably be great for your linebackers to that side and string out any stretch plays or curb them back into pursuit. Trying to do to much to this kid is exactly why I hated what Pettine did with my boy Billy Winn.
I wouldn't put any additional weight on Carl. His game is what the tape shows a LE in a four man front which we'll play plenty of. He'll give a tackle fits here and there, he'll probably be great for your linebackers to that side and string out any stretch plays or curb them back into pursuit. Trying to do to much to this kid is exactly why I hated what Pettine did with my boy Billy Winn.
Agree... if he adds through maturation, fine, but don't pack it on and lose his burst.
Any thought on Zettel? When I watched Carl's tapes, I found myself being distracted by Zettel fairly often. Actually ended up feeling that he had more value potential in a 3-4 than Nassib did.
-
I wouldn't put any additional weight on Carl. His game is what the tape shows a LE in a four man front which we'll play plenty of. He'll give a tackle fits here and there, he'll probably be great for your linebackers to that side and string out any stretch plays or curb them back into pursuit. Trying to do to much to this kid is exactly why I hated what Pettine did with my boy Billy Winn.
Agree... if he adds through maturation, fine, but don't pack it on and lose his burst.
Any thought on Zettel? When I watched Carl's tapes, I found myself being distracted by Zettel fairly often. Actually ended up feeling that he had more value potential in a 3-4 than Nassib did.
Agree... if he adds through maturation, fine, but don't pack it on and lose his burst.
Any thought on Zettel? When I watched Carl's tapes, I found myself being distracted by Zettel fairly often. Actually ended up feeling that he had more value potential in a 3-4 than Nassib did.
When I first heard the Nassib pick, my immediate thought was 'why not Zettel'.
I think because Horton realizes he'll be playing more four down than usual and went with the pick that would provide more immediate returns. As for my thoughts on Zettel, I can't say I've watched him extensively. This draft season has been a rough one for me, I haven't watched nearly half of the players I wanted to.
-
Sure... if you add about 40 pounds.
Bryant is 6 foot 6 310 pnds. I can guarantee you he wasnt 310 coming out of harvard. Nassib is 6 foot 7 280 pnds. So hes almost there. Im sure by the start of the season he will be close to 300 pnds for his playing weight. This guys game isnt his speed or finesse its his power and motor so more weight and strength wont halter that. Perfect fit for hortons 3-4 DE position.
-
Don't remember if he was standing up, but I did see him drop at least once and he said in an interview tonight that he dropped a time or two in every game last season, FWIW.
I think you throw 15-20 more pounds on him (he showed up to PSU at 215 and is 275 now so who knows if he's at his ceiling or if he can still grow comfortably), sacrifice some of the pass rushing abilities, and you've got yourself a really good, complete, 3-4 DE.
I worry more about Ogbah's transition than this one, but Hue said Ogbah stood up a lot in college.
I wouldn't put any additional weight on Carl. His game is what the tape shows a LE in a four man front which we'll play plenty of. He'll give a tackle fits here and there, he'll probably be great for your linebackers to that side and string out any stretch plays or curb them back into pursuit. Trying to do to much to this kid is exactly why I hated what Pettine did with my boy Billy Winn.
I wouldn't put any additional weight on Carl. His game is what the tape shows a LE in a four man front which we'll play plenty of. He'll give a tackle fits here and there, he'll probably be great for your linebackers to that side and string out any stretch plays or curb them back into pursuit. Trying to do to much to this kid is exactly why I hated what Pettine did with my boy Billy Winn.
Hes 6 ft 7 and not playing olb. They will surely have him put on weight at his position. Im not sure what you were watching but this guys game is not finesse or speed its shear relentless power. Which it will continue to be as he gets bigger and stronger. The frame is there to build on.
-
I wouldn't put any additional weight on Carl. His game is what the tape shows a LE in a four man front which we'll play plenty of. He'll give a tackle fits here and there, he'll probably be great for your linebackers to that side and string out any stretch plays or curb them back into pursuit. Trying to do to much to this kid is exactly why I hated what Pettine did with my boy Billy Winn.
Agree... if he adds through maturation, fine, but don't pack it on and lose his burst.
Any thought on Zettel? When I watched Carl's tapes, I found myself being distracted by Zettel fairly often. Actually ended up feeling that he had more value potential in a 3-4 than Nassib did.
Agree... if he adds through maturation, fine, but don't pack it on and lose his burst.
Any thought on Zettel? When I watched Carl's tapes, I found myself being distracted by Zettel fairly often. Actually ended up feeling that he had more value potential in a 3-4 than Nassib did.
Also i dont see him playing in our 4 man front nickel packages that will be an olb on each side and most likely two defensive tackles in the middle. Maybe in a few yrs hed play in those fronts in the middle but doubtful. Hes a defensive end for our 3-4 base packages.
-
people just don't walk on to Penn State football. this guy did. Am all in.. Rudy, Rudy (just stay onsides
)Rudy, Rudy
Seriously, shut up with that Rudy crap.
Rudy is an asshole - he was convicted of securities fraud in a penny stock pump-and-dump scheme. He has serious character flaws.
The movie itself was a steaming pile of shit.
1) Rudy was a transient turning tricks for an overbearing pimp with social anxiety
2) That scene where they carried him off the field? Yep, Joe Montana admitted they were completely playing around [and that it was BS].
-
Agree... if he adds through maturation, fine, but don't pack it on and lose his burst.
Any thought on Zettel? When I watched Carl's tapes, I found myself being distracted by Zettel fairly often. Actually ended up feeling that he had more value potential in a 3-4 than Nassib did.
Also i dont see him playing in our 4 man front nickel packages that will be an olb on each side and most likely two defensive tackles in the middle. Maybe in a few yrs hed play in those fronts in the middle but doubtful. Hes a defensive end for our 3-4 base packages.
Also i dont see him playing in our 4 man front nickel packages that will be an olb on each side and most likely two defensive tackles in the middle. Maybe in a few yrs hed play in those fronts in the middle but doubtful. Hes a defensive end for our 3-4 base packages.
Going to go ahead and save these posts. Your choice of words and terminology leads me to believe you were first introduced to football via Madden.
So let's just re-visit this topic in six months. If Nassib gets any interior play it will be one gap assignments or a glarring lack of depth. It'll be fun coming back to this.
-
This kid plays lights out.
-
Ewwwww, 5 tech? Nassib? Oh c'mon Horton....I'm already getting the groans. Frankly I don't see room on the team for both ogbah and nassib unless their planning on moving kruger
-
And by moving i mean trading him the fuck away
-
Ogbah at OLB. Nassib at 5 tech. At least one will pan out, I would bet. And that's all you need.
-
Ewwwww, 5 tech? Nassib? Oh c'mon Horton....I'm already getting the groans. Frankly I don't see room on the team for both ogbah and nassib unless their planning on moving kruger
Ewwwww, 5 tech? Nassib? Oh c'mon Horton....I'm already getting the groans. Frankly I don't see room on the team for both ogbah and nassib unless their planning on moving kruger
He might not have the dip in his lower frame but Carl has good burst off the edge. Again,classic LE in every sense of the phrase.
-
Ogbah at OLB. Nassib at 5 tech. At least one will pan out, I would bet. And that's all you need.
Ogbah at OLB. Nassib at 5 tech. At least one will pan out, I would bet. And that's all you need.
If we can find a way to have them both on the field at key moments in the game when we are trying to pressure the QB, I'll be elated.
Edit: that was the beauty of watching Denver this year. QB's were shaken up so bad they had trouble thinking through the progressions.
-
Or perhaps a package with Nassib, Obu and Orchard on the field at the same time.
It isn't a stretch for Horton to bluff A gap pressure just to get young ends favorable looks on the outside.
Emmanuel won't be be full time linebacker. He's not ready for that. He will have his hand in the ground at times. On a Team starved for pass rushers, no such thing as too many options.
-
Ewwwww, 5 tech? Nassib? Oh c'mon Horton....I'm already getting the groans. Frankly I don't see room on the team for both ogbah and nassib unless their planning on moving kruger
He might not have the dip in his lower frame but Carl has good burst off the edge. Again,classic LE in every sense of the phrase.
He might not have the dip in his lower frame but Carl has good burst off the edge. Again,classic LE in every sense of the phrase.
right, a good 5 tech should be min 290lbs. And at 290 he'd better be pure muscle. Most really good 5 techs are 300 or just over. You have to be if you're going to be fighting guard and tackle all game long. On long down situations yeah teams often bring in lighter 4-3 DE types.
-
I'd like to see the kid stay at the 280 range but on alot more muscle. I think he could play a little bit of the jack OLB'er for us too if he develops more. I saw him drop back quite a few times on his tape and he looks ok doing. Yeah they're shallow drops, but he kept Zeke from having hte ball thrown to him a few times cause his coverage was right on. THe main problem i saw with him is that he doesn't stiff OL. He lets guys get in to him...now he does often shed them well enough but by then it's too late. Contrast with Bosa's tech how he mauls an OL in to the chest and keeps his arms stiff, this allows him better vision and can then shed at the right time. Nassib doesn't have that "stick" into the lineman. You're almost punching the lineman...and often when Bosa did it, the OL pads snapped up immediately and his momentum essentially came to an abrupt end. Bosa's got a bit of a stronger upper body which is why he's good at that. Nassib, and Ogbah too....have alot to develop physically.
I've never really known Browns players to get a whole lot better after we've drafted them..I don't know why that is. But that's why i'm hesitant on guys that aren't pretty much there right now. Players like Mack and Bosa....they're NFL ready pretty much right away and those are the kind of guys we need to target.
-
Also i dont see him playing in our 4 man front nickel packages that will be an olb on each side and most likely two defensive tackles in the middle. Maybe in a few yrs hed play in those fronts in the middle but doubtful. Hes a defensive end for our 3-4 base packages.
Going to go ahead and save these posts. Your choice of words and terminology leads me to believe you were first introduced to football via Madden.
So let's just re-visit this topic in six months. If Nassib gets any interior play it will be one gap assignments or a glarring lack of depth. It'll be fun coming back to this.
Going to go ahead and save these posts. Your choice of words and terminology leads me to believe you were first introduced to football via Madden.
So let's just re-visit this topic in six months. If Nassib gets any interior play it will be one gap assignments or a glarring lack of depth. It'll be fun coming back to this.
Dont even have the time to go into my football knowledge here with u. But im down for that bet. 6 months whomeever is right gets to pick the others avatar. Deal?
-
Also i dont see him playing in our 4 man front nickel packages that will be an olb on each side and most likely two defensive tackles in the middle. Maybe in a few yrs hed play in those fronts in the middle but doubtful. Hes a defensive end for our 3-4 base packages.
Going to go ahead and save these posts. Your choice of words and terminology leads me to believe you were first introduced to football via Madden.
So let's just re-visit this topic in six months. If Nassib gets any interior play it will be one gap assignments or a glarring lack of depth. It'll be fun coming back to this.
Going to go ahead and save these posts. Your choice of words and terminology leads me to believe you were first introduced to football via Madden.
So let's just re-visit this topic in six months. If Nassib gets any interior play it will be one gap assignments or a glarring lack of depth. It'll be fun coming back to this.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login