Skip to content

Shon Coleman...

The Browns Board
41 17 1.5k
  • But did he play at OSU? If not, panic!

  • Simply thought this was the best pick of day 2. Even had him in my Mock at 43. Closer than most OVERPAID Mock Experts

  • Simply thought this was the best pick of day 2. Even had him in my Mock at 43. Closer than most OVERPAID Mock Experts

    @gumby73 said:

    Simply thought this was the best pick of day 2. Even had him in my Mock at 43. Closer than most OVERPAID Mock Experts

    You da man, Gumster...

    I did not mock Shon as I had Decker to fill our short-term RT hole (and ultimately our LT slot). But Shon may do the same and far cheaper...

  • I remember Myles Garrett completely abusing him pass rushing. But Auburn guys seem to run block really well and I love the frame. We also had an Auburn guy on my A&M board that said prior to last season that he was just starting to tap into his potential, which is in line with Tour's take.

  • ... because, you know, every pick gets a thread.

    Well... maybe not Kessler...

    @tour2ma said:

    Z. Shon Coleman (AUB) - 6'6 318 http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=106298&draftyear=2016&genpos=OT

    Enough of the downer talk... can't someone show the potential to actually rise up a board? Maybe, just maybe...

    At least Coleman is another player that developed through the year. Early on vs. Ole Miss he showed signs of PassPro technique including a a baby kick step, but was stiff legged and a step slow. He was also tentative in space as if he was afraid to miss a block, and as a result he often never got in position to make one. In run-blocking he often delivered a nice thump, but failed to drive on.

    Later vs. TAMU he got plenty of practice run blocking and looked much improved doing it. Finally vs. BAMA he showed signs of PassPro technique and some real punch in his blocking. Much "looser" looking with some real flow to his game.

    Were it not for true a dark-horse I am still working up, I might be a whole lot more intrigued by Mr. Coleman.

    DraftScout has Coleman on the Rnd 1/2 cusp... seems about right. Which way he falls will depend a lot upon the slides I see for Stanley and Conklin materializing.

    Really good get at #36. Won't make us forget Schwartz right away, but by the end of the year? I like the chances of that.

    @tour2ma said:

    ... because, you know, every pick gets a thread.

    Well... maybe not Kessler...

    We might need a WTF were Sashi and Hue thinking with THAT pick thread. 🙂 I just don't see any upside in this guy. Physically limited. Great completion percentage- just like McCoy. We already have all the backups we need on the roster.

    PS It's a great story with Coleman- I hope it works out. He well could develop, and he hasn't played a lot of football.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... because, you know, every pick gets a thread.

    Well... maybe not Kessler...

    We might need a WTF were Sashi and Hue thinking with THAT pick thread. 🙂 I just don't see any upside in this guy. Physically limited. Great completion percentage- just like McCoy. We already have all the backups we need on the roster.

    PS It's a great story with Coleman- I hope it works out. He well could develop, and he hasn't played a lot of football.

    @hoorta said:

    We might need a WTF were Sashi and Hue thinking with THAT pick thread. 🙂 I just don't see any upside in this guy. Physically limited. Great completion percentage- just like McCoy. We already have all the backups we need on the roster.

    Kessler visited Berea and Hue likes him. Accuracy may have been the selling point. His highlights seem to mostly be centered around play action. Could be where Hue wants to take the Browns. Until proven otherwise, I will be optimistic that Hue knows what he can get out of Kessler.

  • @hoorta said:

    We might need a WTF were Sashi and Hue thinking with THAT pick thread. 🙂 I just don't see any upside in this guy. Physically limited. Great completion percentage- just like McCoy. We already have all the backups we need on the roster.

    Kessler visited Berea and Hue likes him. Accuracy may have been the selling point. His highlights seem to mostly be centered around play action. Could be where Hue wants to take the Browns. Until proven otherwise, I will be optimistic that Hue knows what he can get out of Kessler.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    His highlights seem to mostly be centered around play action. Could be where Hue wants to take the Browns.

    It was where Hue took Cinci...

    Also where we've been going the past ___ years... maybe this year?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    His highlights seem to mostly be centered around play action. Could be where Hue wants to take the Browns.

    It was where Hue took Cinci...

    Also where we've been going the past ___ years... maybe this year?

    @tour2ma said:

    It was where Hue took Cinci...

    Also where we've been going the past ___ years... maybe this year?

    With Cody Hoyer we can do it.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It was where Hue took Cinci...

    Also where we've been going the past ___ years... maybe this year?

    With Cody Hoyer we can do it.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    With Cody Hoyer we can do it.

    Low blow!

    Although as long as he's never Billy Kessler, I'm good with it.

  • @westside-steve said:

    My only question is who the fuck spells his name Shon?

    (ps how many guys around here are still on Brian Hoyer's dick?) 😉

    WSS

  • We wont see Kessler for a year or 2.

  • I think shon is a project; but, you never know. I am not sure we needed to take him on day two but then again, I was not around when the scouts were doing their thing and maybe there was more interest in him than we know.

  • Shon went to St Judes to receive his call ...spent the whole day there visiting the kids...class act

  • Shon went to St Judes to receive his call ...spent the whole day there visiting the kids...class act

    @darren15 said:

    Shon went to St Judes to receive his call ...spent the whole day there visiting the kids...class act

    And there you are! Every team needs a great leader of character, who truly lives it, to be an anchor upon which the rest of the team can develop into a solid "band of brothers". I can see him (and JT) taking this team to something special in the next 2-3 years as each draft brings in the gifted playmakers to add to that core group.

  • @westside-steve said:

    My only question is who the fuck spells his name Shon?

    (ps how many guys around here are still on Brian Hoyer's dick?) 😉

    WSS

    There's an Auburn fan on reddit that posted some very nice stuff about Shon.

    @westside-steve said:

    @westside-steve said:

    My only question is who the fuck spells his name Shon?

    His Mama?

  • The Cleveland Colemans!

  • Anyone else remember how bad this board ripped The Schwartz after his rookie year?

    I'm going to be withholding judgement and looking at how Shon is in game 1 of his second year.

    Also happy with Drango, we needed a backup to go with the starter.

  • The kid is well spoken and loves Jesus.

  • Anyone else remember how bad this board ripped The Schwartz after his rookie year?

    I'm going to be withholding judgement and looking at how Shon is in game 1 of his second year.

    Also happy with Drango, we needed a backup to go with the starter.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Anyone else remember how bad this board ripped The Schwartz after his rookie year?

    Yup... I was one of them and he deserved it. But he got better.

    Shon will be a better rookie than Mitch was.

  • I'm surprised Drango isn't the better prospect. I've heard nothing but rave reviews on him for two years now.