Kessler
-
I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.
We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns
I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.
We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be.
TEN looks like they might be pretty damn good...
Philly? Not so much... plus in a toughening Division.
Kessler may only throw about 40 yards, but [from his highlights at least] he does so with incredible accuracy.
Up to 20 yds anyway... based on stats.
-
It wouldn't surprise me if he was their second QB to Goff.
His arm looks a bit better than advertised, but still not a plus. His eyes look good however and he seems to have strong presence in the pocket. I'm particularly impressed with some of the throws he makes with the defender right in his face.
There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.
I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...
Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...
Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...
I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...
Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...
Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...
my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?
think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.
-
I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...
Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...
Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...
my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?
think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.
my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?
think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.
Yup... as I think I wrote in my musings... I am getting there... just not quite there yet. Lingering attachment to "my board"...
-
my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?
think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.
Yup... as I think I wrote in my musings... I am getting there... just not quite there yet. Lingering attachment to "my board"...
-
my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?
think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.
Yup... as I think I wrote in my musings... I am getting there... just not quite there yet. Lingering attachment to "my board"...
Yup... as I think I wrote in my musings... I am getting there... just not quite there yet. Lingering attachment to "my board"...
you are definitely entitled to that. honestly i have no idea why i even keep giving them rope to hang themselves with (meaning the Browns Brass). is it masochism on my part? sadism towards the fanbase? or perhaps the stubborn hope that eventually we can have something to be proud to root for.
all that aside, as i crack this stout beer and hold it high in the sky i just say... "at least it wasn't pick 22".
-
KESSLER<sucks
-
I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.
We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns
AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.
This just in: SEC has announced a realignment effective 4/28/16.

-
ULM isn't in the Power 5 either.
-
I watched the Cody Kessler highlight film, and while I realize that EVERYONE looks great on their highlights, this kid had a few things that stood out.
His accuracy is pretty insane. He has tremendous touch on the deep ball, and he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight windows across the middle either. He also displays pocket poise, and while most highlights showed him throwing from a clean pocket, there were definitely a bunch of throws that required him to hang in there or throw on the run. His arm strength didn't appear awesome, but it wasn't lacking either.
Hue Jackson values accuracy, and this kid has it. He also played in a pro style offense, and did not turn the ball over. Maybe he has a chance.
My thinking is that the coaches believe WAY more in RG III than people realize.
-
I watched the Cody Kessler highlight film, and while I realize that EVERYONE looks great on their highlights, this kid had a few things that stood out.
His accuracy is pretty insane. He has tremendous touch on the deep ball, and he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight windows across the middle either. He also displays pocket poise, and while most highlights showed him throwing from a clean pocket, there were definitely a bunch of throws that required him to hang in there or throw on the run. His arm strength didn't appear awesome, but it wasn't lacking either.
Hue Jackson values accuracy, and this kid has it. He also played in a pro style offense, and did not turn the ball over. Maybe he has a chance.
My thinking is that the coaches believe WAY more in RG III than people realize.
I watched the Cody Kessler highlight film, and while I realize that EVERYONE looks great on their highlights, this kid had a few things that stood out.
His accuracy is pretty insane. He has tremendous touch on the deep ball, and he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight windows across the middle either. He also displays pocket poise, and while most highlights showed him throwing from a clean pocket, there were definitely a bunch of throws that required him to hang in there or throw on the run. His arm strength didn't appear awesome, but it wasn't lacking either.
Hue Jackson values accuracy, and this kid has it. He also played in a pro style offense, and did not turn the ball over. Maybe he has a chance.
My thinking is that the coaches believe WAY more in RG III than people realize.
Are you sure he didn't go to Montana, rather than USC? (as in he plays Montana-ish?)
-
AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.
This just in: SEC has announced a realignment effective 4/28/16.

This just in: SEC has announced a realignment effective 4/28/16.

ok I missed one
, but that dude we got from Princeton looks like he should be working in the WWE hes a monster....Maybe Gronk like I could only DREAM -
If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.
-
If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.
If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.
Fair comment.
What does Jimmy Garropolo out of Eastern Illinois got that our guy ain't got? Here is one other comment:
Biggest Head-Scratcher: Jacoby Brissett Many expected the Patriots to select a quarterback in the sixth or seventh round of the draft. Instead, they took one in the third round. Brissett wasnβt highly regarded by draft analysts, but thereβs plenty of reasons for the Patriots to like him, including his size, toughness and mobility.
Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/05/patriots-draft-superlatives-most-unexpected-biggest-question-mark-named/
-
I was going to say, pats took a qb in the third too, and got some criticism for it too
-
I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?
I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.
-
I think the big question I want answered is, "Do we keep McCown?"
I mean, if we do keep him, what's that mean to the QB situation? I don't see RG III beating out Josh in a fair competition, do you? Now, don't get me wrong, RG III is going to look AMAZING in shorts, and he'll probably look amazing in pads. People tend to forget that RG III throws a beautiful ball, and he's very accurate. The ball comes out hot and in a VERY tight spiral. He will look simply awesome in drills. Just like his workout for our team, remember reading what Hue said? RG III looked very fast and threw a pretty ball. That won't change come training camp. I think we all know the true test for Robert will be what happens when the pads come on and he has to make pre-snap reads, diagnose the defenses, scan the field, and make throws under pressure. McCown knows how to do this, and will most certainly have the edge at first.
If we keep McCown, where does Kessler fit in? 3rd string? Can Kessler really beat out Connor Shaw or even Austin Davis? Nobody knows, but it'll be fun to watch.
-
Interesting looking at his velocity measurement here compared to some other QBs that have come out, maybe it isn't as weak as suggested.
Exact same as Winston who went #1 overall.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit?usp=sharing
-
I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?
I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.
I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?
I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.
I think you are dead on Gubba.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
