Skip to content

Kessler

The Browns Board
237 51 10.2k
  • I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

    @tampadawgs said:

    AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    This just in: SEC has announced a realignment effective 4/28/16. πŸ˜†

  • ULM isn't in the Power 5 either.

  • I watched the Cody Kessler highlight film, and while I realize that EVERYONE looks great on their highlights, this kid had a few things that stood out.

    His accuracy is pretty insane. He has tremendous touch on the deep ball, and he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight windows across the middle either. He also displays pocket poise, and while most highlights showed him throwing from a clean pocket, there were definitely a bunch of throws that required him to hang in there or throw on the run. His arm strength didn't appear awesome, but it wasn't lacking either.

    Hue Jackson values accuracy, and this kid has it. He also played in a pro style offense, and did not turn the ball over. Maybe he has a chance.

    My thinking is that the coaches believe WAY more in RG III than people realize.

  • I watched the Cody Kessler highlight film, and while I realize that EVERYONE looks great on their highlights, this kid had a few things that stood out.

    His accuracy is pretty insane. He has tremendous touch on the deep ball, and he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight windows across the middle either. He also displays pocket poise, and while most highlights showed him throwing from a clean pocket, there were definitely a bunch of throws that required him to hang in there or throw on the run. His arm strength didn't appear awesome, but it wasn't lacking either.

    Hue Jackson values accuracy, and this kid has it. He also played in a pro style offense, and did not turn the ball over. Maybe he has a chance.

    My thinking is that the coaches believe WAY more in RG III than people realize.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I watched the Cody Kessler highlight film, and while I realize that EVERYONE looks great on their highlights, this kid had a few things that stood out.

    His accuracy is pretty insane. He has tremendous touch on the deep ball, and he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight windows across the middle either. He also displays pocket poise, and while most highlights showed him throwing from a clean pocket, there were definitely a bunch of throws that required him to hang in there or throw on the run. His arm strength didn't appear awesome, but it wasn't lacking either.

    Hue Jackson values accuracy, and this kid has it. He also played in a pro style offense, and did not turn the ball over. Maybe he has a chance.

    My thinking is that the coaches believe WAY more in RG III than people realize.

    Are you sure he didn't go to Montana, rather than USC? (as in he plays Montana-ish?)

  • @tampadawgs said:

    AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    This just in: SEC has announced a realignment effective 4/28/16. πŸ˜†

    @texasag1969 said:

    This just in: SEC has announced a realignment effective 4/28/16. πŸ˜†

    ok I missed one πŸ™‚, but that dude we got from Princeton looks like he should be working in the WWE hes a monster....Maybe Gronk like I could only DREAM

  • If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.

  • If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.

    @tudeski said:

    If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.

    Agree .....Baltimore picked him Kiper would of given the pick an A

    Pats can do no wrong in anyones book as far as media concerned...all up Bill Hoodies ass

  • If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.

    @tudeski said:

    If the Patriots picked Kessler, they'd be geniuses, because the Browns have, it's a terrible pick.

    Fair comment.

    What does Jimmy Garropolo out of Eastern Illinois got that our guy ain't got? Here is one other comment:

    Biggest Head-Scratcher: Jacoby Brissett Many expected the Patriots to select a quarterback in the sixth or seventh round of the draft. Instead, they took one in the third round. Brissett wasn’t highly regarded by draft analysts, but there’s plenty of reasons for the Patriots to like him, including his size, toughness and mobility.

    Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/05/patriots-draft-superlatives-most-unexpected-biggest-question-mark-named/

  • I was going to say, pats took a qb in the third too, and got some criticism for it too

  • Sifting thru the QB class... Pats get it.

    I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

  • I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?

    I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.

  • I think the big question I want answered is, "Do we keep McCown?"

    I mean, if we do keep him, what's that mean to the QB situation? I don't see RG III beating out Josh in a fair competition, do you? Now, don't get me wrong, RG III is going to look AMAZING in shorts, and he'll probably look amazing in pads. People tend to forget that RG III throws a beautiful ball, and he's very accurate. The ball comes out hot and in a VERY tight spiral. He will look simply awesome in drills. Just like his workout for our team, remember reading what Hue said? RG III looked very fast and threw a pretty ball. That won't change come training camp. I think we all know the true test for Robert will be what happens when the pads come on and he has to make pre-snap reads, diagnose the defenses, scan the field, and make throws under pressure. McCown knows how to do this, and will most certainly have the edge at first.

    If we keep McCown, where does Kessler fit in? 3rd string? Can Kessler really beat out Connor Shaw or even Austin Davis? Nobody knows, but it'll be fun to watch.

  • Interesting looking at his velocity measurement here compared to some other QBs that have come out, maybe it isn't as weak as suggested.

    Exact same as Winston who went #1 overall.

    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit?usp=sharing

  • I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?

    I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.

    @tudeski said:

    I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?

    I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.

    I think you are dead on Gubba.

  • Interesting looking at his velocity measurement here compared to some other QBs that have come out, maybe it isn't as weak as suggested.

    Exact same as Winston who went #1 overall.

    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit?usp=sharing

    @londonbrown said:

    Interesting looking at his velocity measurement here compared to some other QBs that have come out, maybe it isn't as weak as suggested. Exact same as Winston who went #1 overall.

    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit?usp=sharing

    He was #1 in hand size and the short shuttle. Great stats for a Porn Star who is doing a lot of quick fast fucks in a movie. (hand size is supposed to equate to dick size, no?)

    Let's nickname him Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am.

    http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/what-your-hand-says-about-your-penis

    (or more likely it means that he can control a football like it was a softball...and could have good mobility in the pocket)

  • Hue knew. I never looked at any qb's outside of sourpuss Goff and Carson Wentz.

    After this draft, I like Kessler every bit as much as Wentz,....

    and a whole hell of a lot more than Goff. Just freaking brilliant.

  • He interviews like a very smart, well-rounded kid with

    a ton of leadership. Hue nailed it.

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Kessler_Conference_Call_Pride_myself_on_accuracy/8bda529d-7904-4dcc-af34-41c9c9127f16

  • i love the fact that EVERYONE thinks that hue jackson 'everyone's self-anointed QB whisperer' will have the time to mentor anyone. are u all idiots? pettine was a defensive coach. did he have time to mentor the defense?

    uh NO! that's why HEAD fucking coaches hire ASSISTANT fucking coaches! so while everyone thinks that hue jackson is going to be holding kessler's BIG HUGE hands (wow, they are the size of andre the giant's hands for christ's sake!) he won't be!!!! it'll be pep fucking hamilton!! that's right PEP FUCKING HAMILTON!!! who's bio:

    Hamilton spent 2013-14 and the first eight weeks of the 2015 season as the offensive coordinator for the Colts. In his two full seasons as coordinator, Indianapolis won two AFC South division titles and went 11-5 each year. In 2014, the Colts led the NFL with a franchise record 4,894 passing yards. He worked with quarterback Andrew Luck, who led the NFL with 40 passing touchdowns in 2014. Prior to joining the Colts, Hamilton spent three seasons (2010-12) at Stanford, serving as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach the final two years. He worked closely with Luck, who was a two-time Heisman Trophy finalist. Hamilton served as the quarterbacks coach for the Chicago Bears from 2007-09. He worked with Jay Cutler, who set single-season franchise records for completions (336) and passing attempts (555) in 2009. Hamilton was an offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach with San Francisco in 2006, where Alex Smith became the first quarterback in team history to take every offensive snap during an entire season. Prior to San Francisco, Hamilton spent three seasons with the New York Jets as offensive assistant/quarterbacks coach (2004-05) and offensive quality control coach (2003). He spent one season as the pro personnel intern for the Baltimore Ravens in 2002. Hamilton also interned with the Washington Redskins (2001) and Kansas City Chiefs (2000). He began his coaching career at his alma mater, Howard University, where he served as quarterbacks coach from 1997-2001.
    includes working with andrew luck (who led the league i believe in turnovers last year) in indy and at stanford and before that he worked with JAY FUCKING CUTLER!!!!
    those who believe that a head coach has the time to invest in a 3rd round QB to make him into something he's not are bug-eyed fucking crazy. and even if he did what would he become, a decent smaller version of andy dalton? well if that's what you guys strive for in your team's franchise leader...........
    pffffffttt!
  • actually, everybody knows that, but it's easier to just refer to Hue Jackson, the HC.

    Ya, Hamilton will be working specifically, but you can bet Hue picked his assistants, so there ya go.

    ...been awful grouchy for a while Mik. Cabin fever? Spring is HERE ! πŸ™‚

  • Kessler is going to be the best qb in this draft when its all said and done... not necessarily because of Hue, but because he is the best qb in the draft. That's jmo