Skip to content

Kessler

The Browns Board
237 51 10.2k
  • Wentz probably won't start week 1, even if it's not Sam Bradford. Doug Pederson really likes Chase Daniels.

  • I heard Hue say that he followed Kessler's career. His choice is

    seriously well-backed up with observation over years' time.

    I didn't even research Kessler at all for the mock draft stuff, and Hue has been watching him

    during his career.

    Hue Gotta Believe ! (thanks again, for the shirt, CM)

  • Hue Jackson is completely aware that both fans and analysts are skeptical of this pick, and he went so far as to say, "Trust me on this one." The problem is, trust is earned and not simply provided. Does Hue have some previous experience doing well with some QB's? Yes, he does, but having success in the NFL and having success in CLEVELAND have proven to be two VERY different animals. So when he asks people to trust him, he shouldn't be too surprised to find out that trust is in VERY short supply.

    I don't expect Wentz to win the starting job, but if he does, get ready for fireworks. I believe we play none other than the Eagles on week ONE. If Wentz is the starting QB for the Eagles, and he beats us week 1...Hue won't be off to a good start, and the second guessing will be in FULL EFFECT. Think about that for a minute. It's the season opener, so obviously the Browns will lose, but let's hope it's not against the QB we didn't draft. Again.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hue Jackson is completely aware that both fans and analysts are skeptical of this pick, and he went so far as to say, "Trust me on this one." The problem is, trust is earned and not simply provided. Does Hue have some previous experience doing well with some QB's? Yes, he does, but having success in the NFL and having success in CLEVELAND have proven to be two VERY different animals. So when he asks people to trust him, he shouldn't be too surprised to find out that trust is in VERY short supply.

    That's like not trusting your surgeon because he hasn't operated on you before.

  • Kessler is going to be the best qb in this draft when its all said and done... not necessarily because of Hue, but because he is the best qb in the draft. That's jmo

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    Kessler is going to be the best qb in this draft when its all said and done... not necessarily because of Hue, but because he is the best qb in the draft. That's jmo

    I hope so....and it is not out of the realm of possibility.

    Look how many QBs were taken before Russell Wilson...also a 3rd rounder.

    You never know.

  • Hue Jackson is completely aware that both fans and analysts are skeptical of this pick, and he went so far as to say, "Trust me on this one." The problem is, trust is earned and not simply provided. Does Hue have some previous experience doing well with some QB's? Yes, he does, but having success in the NFL and having success in CLEVELAND have proven to be two VERY different animals. So when he asks people to trust him, he shouldn't be too surprised to find out that trust is in VERY short supply.

    I don't expect Wentz to win the starting job, but if he does, get ready for fireworks. I believe we play none other than the Eagles on week ONE. If Wentz is the starting QB for the Eagles, and he beats us week 1...Hue won't be off to a good start, and the second guessing will be in FULL EFFECT. Think about that for a minute. It's the season opener, so obviously the Browns will lose, but let's hope it's not against the QB we didn't draft. Again.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hue Jackson is completely aware that both fans and analysts are skeptical of this pick, and he went so far as to say, "Trust me on this one." The problem is, trust is earned and not simply provided. Does Hue have some previous experience doing well with some QB's? Yes, he does, but having success in the NFL and having success in CLEVELAND have proven to be two VERY different animals. So when he asks people to trust him, he shouldn't be too surprised to find out that trust is in VERY short supply.

    I don't expect Wentz to win the starting job, but if he does, get ready for fireworks. I believe we play none other than the Eagles on week ONE. If Wentz is the starting QB for the Eagles, and he beats us week 1...Hue won't be off to a good start, and the second guessing will be in FULL EFFECT. Think about that for a minute. It's the season opener, so obviously the Browns will lose, but let's hope it's not against the QB we didn't draft. Again.

    The Browns could lose to the Eagles that week, and maybe Wentz could beat them....but he wouldn't be the reason why. There are 21 other starters on offense and defense that would contribute to the end result of that game.

  • Well, the one thing I am confident in saying is that he is definitely an improvement over Johnny Manziel. Other than that, I will wait and see.

  • I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?

    I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.

    @tudeski said:

    I am always amazed that accuracy and anticipation aren't more highly regarded as a QB. I feel as though Kessler's ability to see the play unfold quicker than most, means he can throw the ball earlier, which makes up for his lack of arm strength?

    I am only an Aussie though, not as exposed to the game as you guys so I don't know as much, probably wrong.

    Aussie or not that's spot on...

    I saw one QB in this draft that threw with anticipation... so did the Rams. But then I did not even look Kessler's way.

  • If you haven't read this article or that article yet... Get to it. You'll learn something.

    Short version:

    1) Kessler's velocity is dead-square-equal-the same as Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco. Who threw 1mph faster? Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota.

    2) All those things you wish a Browns QB would do on any play, including progression/accuracy/avoid the rush? Read that link and watch the clips, Kessler already does them.

    And Kessler has ginormous hands, 10 7'8

  • If you haven't read this article or that article yet... Get to it. You'll learn something.

    Short version:

    1) Kessler's velocity is dead-square-equal-the same as Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco. Who threw 1mph faster? Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota.

    2) All those things you wish a Browns QB would do on any play, including progression/accuracy/avoid the rush? Read that link and watch the clips, Kessler already does them.

    And Kessler has ginormous hands, 10 7'8

    @unsympathetic said:

    If you haven't read this article or that article yet... Get to it. You'll learn something.

    Short version:

    1) Kessler's velocity is dead-square-equal-the same as Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco. Who threw 1mph faster? Cam Newton and Marcus Mariota.

    2) All those things you wish a Browns QB would do on any play, including progression/accuracy/avoid the rush? Read that link and watch the clips, Kessler already does them.

    And Kessler has ginormous hands, 10 7'8

    maxresdefault.jpg

  • Kessler seems like a cross between Chad Pennington and Drew Brees. At best. At worst he's a short Alex Smith or Jared Goff.

  • Kessler seems like a cross between Chad Pennington and Drew Brees. At best. At worst he's a short Alex Smith or Jared Goff.

    @skippinturtles said:

    Kessler seems like a cross between Chad Pennington and Drew Brees. At best. At worst he's a short Alex Smith or Jared Goff.

    alex smith or jared goff? take them on the browns all day long.

  • I'm excited for Hue Jackson to work with Kessler, but I'm more excited to see him work with RG III. Seems to me that people have forgotten what RG III did as a rookie, and for some part, what he did in his second season. I don't hear people talking about RG III's accuracy, which as we know, is something Hue Jackson places a heavy importance on.

    Kessler won't "wow" anybody throwing the ball, but if he is truly has the skill set that Hue says he has, it will be interesting to see him play in the preseason. Can he make the pre-snap reads? Does he have enough speed to elude the rush? Can he hit our WR's in stride? I don't need to see him "blow up" in the preseason or anything, but I do want to see some of what he is known for. I want to see him take care of the ball, get the ball out quickly, and display that pinpoint accuracy. I very seriously doubt Kessler has any chance to beat out RG III, or even McCown for that matter, but he's not supposed to. He's supposed to come in a learn at first, and hopefully we don't need him.

    My thing is, how is RG III supposed to beat out McCown? McCown isn't the "be all, end all" talent or anything, but it's not like he's awful. He barely had a running game and had the three stooges for WR's, and the guy STILL found a way to keep us in some ball games. He's also tough as nails, and people like the guy. In some ways, I'd love to see McCown get traded to the Broncos so he has a chance to play for a terrific defense, and our QB competition isn't as murky. I can see it now, and I don't like it: "McCown and RG III look about dead even, so who will start?!" I see this being the storyline of our team ALL YEAR. RG III has two bad games and then gets yanked. McCown comes in and loses a few games. We go back to RG III and it...

  • Jets are more likely than Broncos I think.

  • I'm excited for Hue Jackson to work with Kessler, but I'm more excited to see him work with RG III. Seems to me that people have forgotten what RG III did as a rookie, and for some part, what he did in his second season. I don't hear people talking about RG III's accuracy, which as we know, is something Hue Jackson places a heavy importance on.

    Kessler won't "wow" anybody throwing the ball, but if he is truly has the skill set that Hue says he has, it will be interesting to see him play in the preseason. Can he make the pre-snap reads? Does he have enough speed to elude the rush? Can he hit our WR's in stride? I don't need to see him "blow up" in the preseason or anything, but I do want to see some of what he is known for. I want to see him take care of the ball, get the ball out quickly, and display that pinpoint accuracy. I very seriously doubt Kessler has any chance to beat out RG III, or even McCown for that matter, but he's not supposed to. He's supposed to come in a learn at first, and hopefully we don't need him.

    My thing is, how is RG III supposed to beat out McCown? McCown isn't the "be all, end all" talent or anything, but it's not like he's awful. He barely had a running game and had the three stooges for WR's, and the guy STILL found a way to keep us in some ball games. He's also tough as nails, and people like the guy. In some ways, I'd love to see McCown get traded to the Broncos so he has a chance to play for a terrific defense, and our QB competition isn't as murky. I can see it now, and I don't like it: "McCown and RG III look about dead even, so who will start?!" I see this being the storyline of our team ALL YEAR. RG III has two bad games and then gets yanked. McCown comes in and loses a few games. We go back to RG III and it...

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm excited for Hue Jackson to work with Kessler, but I'm more excited to see him work with RG III. Seems to me that people have forgotten what RG My thing is, how is RG III supposed to beat out McCown?

    Not all "competitions" are created equal.

  • Kessler is 6'1" 225lbs...much thicker/wider than expected. i think his arm will get stronger over time while he hopefully keeps his accuracy. hoping his body is dense enough that he may actually be able to take the AFCN's punishment.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm excited for Hue Jackson to work with Kessler, but I'm more excited to see him work with RG III. Seems to me that people have forgotten what RG My thing is, how is RG III supposed to beat out McCown?

    Not all "competitions" are created equal.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not all "competitions" are created equal.

    and even if the decision-making is fairly even, there's still the arm and wheels to factor in.

  • Kessler is 6'1" 225lbs...much thicker/wider than expected. i think his arm will get stronger over time while he hopefully keeps his accuracy. hoping his body is dense enough that he may actually be able to take the AFCN's punishment.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    much thicker/wider than expected.

    just the way you like 'them' i've heard.

  • That shouldn't have made me laugh ... But it did.

    Z

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    much thicker/wider than expected.

    just the way you like 'them' i've heard.

    @miktoxic said:

    just the way you like 'them' i've heard.

    they were just lying i promise. i like em real small. the tinier the better. when i said you were perfect i meant it. 😉

  • I think it is just good for us that we have three QBs that are talked about for competition as the Brown's starter. I don't think Kessler will be ready by the start of this season; but, I guess you never know for sure. Having RG III and McCown as our first and second string (if they can prove themselves to Hue) is not a bad thing to me. I mean, when is the last time one of our QBs made it through a whole season without getting injured and our backup had to start at least a few games. I think, best case scenario, having RG III and McCown as first and second with Kessler or whoever beats him out as our third stringer is a good start to improving this team.