Kessler
-
Fine... now explain the use of a 3rd rounder...
It wouldn't surprise me if he was their second QB to Goff.
His arm looks a bit better than advertised, but still not a plus. His eyes look good however and he seems to have strong presence in the pocket. I'm particularly impressed with some of the throws he makes with the defender right in his face.
There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.
-
Fine... now explain the use of a 3rd rounder...
It wouldn't surprise me if he was their second QB to Goff.
His arm looks a bit better than advertised, but still not a plus. His eyes look good however and he seems to have strong presence in the pocket. I'm particularly impressed with some of the throws he makes with the defender right in his face.
There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.
There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.
I was OK with the other picks but they took Kessler way too high. I'm going to to the local store, and drink plenty of this :

-
I'll tell you what, Hue seemed to be really excited about him in the presser. That or he just had his talking points down to a level of comfort that showed excitement.
-
Finished up the Notre Dame game and then the Wisconsin game.
Physically he doesn't look as small as Colt McCoy like people say, but the mental game... it's there.
He slides well in the pocket, resets his feet, keeps his eyes downfield at all times, usually makes rather quick and smart decisions and his eyes move well enough as well. Accuracy is very solid, though on occasion an errant pass. Occasion might be saying too much. I saw 3 in two games of film.
I'm not happy about where we got him but with that being said - There is something about this kid that I think I like.
-
Fine... now explain the use of a 3rd rounder...
It wouldn't surprise me if he was their second QB to Goff.
His arm looks a bit better than advertised, but still not a plus. His eyes look good however and he seems to have strong presence in the pocket. I'm particularly impressed with some of the throws he makes with the defender right in his face.
There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.
It wouldn't surprise me if he was their second QB to Goff.
His arm looks a bit better than advertised, but still not a plus. His eyes look good however and he seems to have strong presence in the pocket. I'm particularly impressed with some of the throws he makes with the defender right in his face.
There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.
I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...
Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...
Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...
-
I think they may have gotten spooked after seeing Brissette move.
-
-
-
-
Well it's Hue's ass on the line. And as usual for every new coach it's the first QB he takes that determines his fate.http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-stay-no-32-select-oklahoma-states-ogbah-233025962--nfl.html
''Trust me on this one,'' Jackson said late Friday
-
Well if you can't take the best CAL QB, take the other CAL QB that plays in a pro style offense at least. We just don't see what pro people think & see (even on our own tape) at a position that all these coaches & Mock guru's shove down our throats for months. Examples all over each round. When Hackenberg went mid 2nd round it forced our hand in 3rd Round. If Hue truly got his man he wanted?
-
-
sheesh Mike, why so combative? at least Kessler is bigger than Manziel. IIRC it wasn't too long ago that you were hoping Johnny College Football would milk your prostate.
-
Cody Kessler 6' 1" 220 lbs drafted in the 3rd round 93rd pick
Colt McCoy 6' 1" 215 lbs drafted in the 3rd round 85th pick
Colt had way way way more success in college
I hope Hue knows more about QB's then Holmgren did
-
Interesting pick. The kid has seen more than his share of controversy and kept his head. Seems to be real coachable too.
Unlike others, I would rather see how he plays as a pro before I pass any sort of judgement.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login