Skip to content

Day 3 thread

The Browns Board
163 33 4.9k
  • Browns have eight picks today but on what we've seen so far that could turn out to be more...

    #99 - Joe Schobert, LB, Wisconsin

    #100 - Traded to Oakland

    #114 (from Oak) - Ricardo Louis, WR, Auburn

    #129 - Derrick Kindred, S, TCU

    #138 - Seth Devalve, TE, Princeton

    #154 (from Oak) - Jordan Payton, WR, UCLA

    #168 - Spencer Drango, OG Baylor

    #172 - Rashard Higgins, WR, OSU

    #173 - Trey Caldwell, CB, Louisiana-Monroe

    #223 - Traded to Miami

    #250 - Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona

  • Trade back till we own the 7th round.

  • Come on guys. We've got a legitimate opportunity to add 2 back to back day 2 guys here on day 3.

    We may even have the potential to find a couple borderline day 1/2 guys on the board still.

    That Moritz Boehringer could be the next white Randy Moss. Beast with the football. Whoever shoots first on him wins the draft.

  • I'm telling you guys. Sometimes I get a good feeling about a guy... no homo.

  • Well I get to watch after all. My wife realized when I told her I was still too ill to play racquetball this morning, that I would not have to go to our grandson's little league game with her either. Reprieve! 😁

  • Joe Schobert

    NflDraftScout -

    SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Wisconsin, Schobert lined up as the starting outside linebacker in the Badgers’ 3-4 base and was one of the most productive front-seven defenders at the college level the past two seasons. A former walk-on, he was put on scholarship prior to becoming a full-time starter (Feb. 2014) and developed into an intriguing NFL prospect due to his pass rush traits and unrelenting effort. Schobert has impressive play speed and light movements to challenge the edge and penetrate due to stunts, but offenses can run at him with ordinary size, strength and length. A Shea McClellin type of pro prospect, Schobert doesn’t have ideal athletic and physical skills, but he is a pesky rusher with the driven mentality to make plays – offers value on special teams with starting potential inside and outside in a 3-4 scheme.
  • Traded next pick with Raiders

  • Traded next pick with Raiders

    @jafbf said:

    Traded next pick with Raiders

    We got 114 and 154

  • @jafbf said:

    Traded next pick with Raiders

    We got 114 and 154

    @sdballis said:

    We got 114 and 154

    Should have gone for a 3 next year . . .

    QB - Cook went to the Raiders

  • I'm telling you guys. Sometimes I get a good feeling about a guy... no homo.

    @poeticg said:

    I'm telling you guys. Sometimes I get a good feeling about a guy... no homo.

    You get a good feeling about everyone we draft. Your opinion is taken with a very large grain of salt.

  • I guess the theory is draft 10 pass rushers and hope one pans out

  • I think Schobert will play ILB here

  • The fact POG has a "good feeling" about that German kid reinforces my belief that he is, in fact, absolutely awful at football.

  • Still not crazy about the Kessler QB pick, I really don't think he was close to BPA.

    I understand that he was picked because he has a crazy high Completion %, but seems we could have gotten this guy later . . .

  • Schobert being graded better than our other picks yesterday, so that is nice.

    We are taking pure production, aren't we?

  • are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

  • are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

    @miktoxic said:

    are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

    Coleman #1 because our WRs on the roster fucking stink, everyone else....no

  • are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

    @miktoxic said:

    are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

    Not sure, but we'll find out.

  • I like the schobert pick. Here's hue's reaction:

  • are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

    @miktoxic said:

    are any of our picks going to be able to beat out what is on our roster already?

    You think we're loaded with talent on this Team ?

    I'm thinking they're purging the Roster to change the Culture/Mindset with motivated high character players.

    After they get rid of all the bad eggs, then they'll concentrate on serious talent upgrades - not to say they're not upgrading the talent on this 3 - 13 Team anyway.