Seth DeValve?
-
I have no problem with the pick at all, but I did think it should have been more 6-7 rd. That made it a huge reach IMO.
-
thing is, so often, if you wait til that sixth round, some other team will be
able to afford to pick him earlier.
Victor Cruz wasn't drafted at all. It would have been a "reach" for him
in the sixth round.
Sometimes you find a gem who is a class act, can play, work ethic, love
for game, etc...
and you take it in a round just before everybody else catches on.
Or, if ya get lucky, he won't be drafted at all, and you sign him as an UDFA.
-
I have no problem with the pick at all, but I did think it should have been more 6-7 rd. That made it a huge reach IMO.
I have no problem with the pick at all, but I did think it should have been more 6-7 rd. That made it a huge reach IMO.
One of the things we shall have to get used to...
Reading up on Seth... he was hurt a lot, but seeing no details on nature of injuries.
http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=205246496
-
Coaches said they think he's a freak athlete that can give us potential mismatch opportunities. I like that line of thinking. Even if it doesn't work out, and most of the time it doesn't, but I like that we're thinking "mismatch" and trying to figure out ways to score in the red zone.
-
Don't get all excited about "mismatch in the red zone" --- if he can't run block and pass block we'll never get IN the red zone.
Remember, last year the run game failed because TE and FB were a complete zero at run blocking.
Does he trap like a Mack truck?
How is his knee bend?
How is his punch?
-
He can block, it was the first thing Sashi said about him.
-
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
-
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Much to Seattle's chagrin...
-
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Much to Seattle's chagrin...
-
Seth Devalve = poor man's Mini-Gronk...as a rookie.
-
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Neither did Ozzie Newsome, but the game has changed since he played.
-
Pete Carroll knows more than me but I'm kind of baffled as to how they've used him so far
They basically haven't.
-
hahaha. Almost as dumb as the Kessler pick. What is your FO thinking?
What is your FO thinking?
they are thinking you don't know shit.
-
Seth actually caught my eye when I watched Cole Toner tape. Our new TE played WR for Princeton. He gave Yale fits.
At his pro day he posted a 1.54 10-yd split in his 40... which was a 4.68. Folks... that ain't bad.
I'm down with this "reach"...
Here's his full pro day info:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1005902&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE
Seth actually caught my eye when I watched Cole Toner tape. Our new TE played WR for Princeton. He gave Yale fits.
At his pro day he posted a 1.54 10-yd split in his 40... which was a 4.68. Folks... that ain't bad.
I'm down with this "reach"...
Here's his full pro day info:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1005902&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE
i was skeptical of the "WR" distinction, but as you stated HE REALLY DID. and not just a possession guy this dude was their "X" receiver (!). he lined up all OVER the field...TE, on the line, slot--he even ran the ball outta the backfield. that exp and versatility will be a cool weapon for Hue.
seems like a solid and eager blocker with soft sure hands, power, and athleticism. i'd bet he has a high football IQ as well.
i think we got a "Ben Watson except in the 4th round...and i'll dare to say I think Seth has an even higher ceiling than Ben. why not?

Telfort and Bibbs are GONZO.
-
I could care less about his ability to block right now. What I care about is his ability to line up on the outside of the field and whether or not he can elevate to snatch the ball away from defenders. THAT'S what I want, and that's what we DON'T have. I want someone we can throw the jumpball to, and while Devalve isn't a tremendously tall individual, he can obviously jump out of the gym (especially for a white dude, lol).
The blocking will come. He's fast and god-awful strong...the blocking will come.
-
hahaha. Almost as dumb as the Kessler pick. What is your FO thinking?
hahaha. Almost as dumb as the Kessler pick. What is your FO thinking?
They are thinking that he is 6'4" and 250 lbs of man muscle....and obviously the brains to go with it.
-
I could care less about his ability to block right now. What I care about is his ability to line up on the outside of the field and whether or not he can elevate to snatch the ball away from defenders. THAT'S what I want, and that's what we DON'T have. I want someone we can throw the jumpball to, and while Devalve isn't a tremendously tall individual, he can obviously jump out of the gym (especially for a white dude, lol).
The blocking will come. He's fast and god-awful strong...the blocking will come.
I could care less about his ability to block right now.
The collective blocking fails of our TEs in 2015 was mind numbing...
-
If the TE doesn't block, the Browns don't have a run game - you know, like last year.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login