Seth DeValve?
-
Seth Devalve = poor man's Mini-Gronk...as a rookie.
-
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Jimmy Graham doesn't do much blocking...
Neither did Ozzie Newsome, but the game has changed since he played.
-
Pete Carroll knows more than me but I'm kind of baffled as to how they've used him so far
They basically haven't.
-
hahaha. Almost as dumb as the Kessler pick. What is your FO thinking?
What is your FO thinking?
they are thinking you don't know shit.
-
Seth actually caught my eye when I watched Cole Toner tape. Our new TE played WR for Princeton. He gave Yale fits.
At his pro day he posted a 1.54 10-yd split in his 40... which was a 4.68. Folks... that ain't bad.
I'm down with this "reach"...
Here's his full pro day info:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1005902&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE
Seth actually caught my eye when I watched Cole Toner tape. Our new TE played WR for Princeton. He gave Yale fits.
At his pro day he posted a 1.54 10-yd split in his 40... which was a 4.68. Folks... that ain't bad.
I'm down with this "reach"...
Here's his full pro day info:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1005902&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE
i was skeptical of the "WR" distinction, but as you stated HE REALLY DID. and not just a possession guy this dude was their "X" receiver (!). he lined up all OVER the field...TE, on the line, slot--he even ran the ball outta the backfield. that exp and versatility will be a cool weapon for Hue.
seems like a solid and eager blocker with soft sure hands, power, and athleticism. i'd bet he has a high football IQ as well.
i think we got a "Ben Watson except in the 4th round...and i'll dare to say I think Seth has an even higher ceiling than Ben. why not?

Telfort and Bibbs are GONZO.
-
I could care less about his ability to block right now. What I care about is his ability to line up on the outside of the field and whether or not he can elevate to snatch the ball away from defenders. THAT'S what I want, and that's what we DON'T have. I want someone we can throw the jumpball to, and while Devalve isn't a tremendously tall individual, he can obviously jump out of the gym (especially for a white dude, lol).
The blocking will come. He's fast and god-awful strong...the blocking will come.
-
hahaha. Almost as dumb as the Kessler pick. What is your FO thinking?
hahaha. Almost as dumb as the Kessler pick. What is your FO thinking?
They are thinking that he is 6'4" and 250 lbs of man muscle....and obviously the brains to go with it.
-
I could care less about his ability to block right now. What I care about is his ability to line up on the outside of the field and whether or not he can elevate to snatch the ball away from defenders. THAT'S what I want, and that's what we DON'T have. I want someone we can throw the jumpball to, and while Devalve isn't a tremendously tall individual, he can obviously jump out of the gym (especially for a white dude, lol).
The blocking will come. He's fast and god-awful strong...the blocking will come.
I could care less about his ability to block right now.
The collective blocking fails of our TEs in 2015 was mind numbing...
-
If the TE doesn't block, the Browns don't have a run game - you know, like last year.
-
If the TE doesn't block, the Browns don't have a run game - you know, like last year.
If the TE doesn't block, the Browns don't have a run game - you know, like last year.
Very interesting. I know a lot of us have given our OL shit for not getting the job done.....yet while having 4 potential Pro Bowl caliber players on that line. (I am talking last year with JT/Bito/Mack/Greco/Schwartz)).
But this says it was not the OLs failures that caused a porous offense....it was the TEs, WR, RBs and QBs at fault.
So, the question is: will these new players, Devalve and the WRs do a much better job in blocking....run and pass, or will they be just more suckage to endure?
Is Devalve a manchild at blocking....or just a pass catcher (as they say Barnidge is)?
-
What does it tell you that all our Harvard guys would take a TE out of Princeton.....when there was a Harvard TE touted to be drafted? Ben Braunecker. Who went undrafted.
What does it tell you that all our Harvard guys would take a TE out of Princeton.....when there was a Harvard TE touted to be drafted? Ben Braunecker. Who went undrafted.
Well considering I could not find this player in either CBS or Drafttek boards anywhere, I'd say the true Retard were from Harvard for picking a guy we could have had as a UFA.

Totally wasted pick and you may as well throw in the Auburn receiver too, a shorter version of Mayle the dropsy champ.
-
If the TE doesn't block, the Browns don't have a run game - you know, like last year.
Very interesting. I know a lot of us have given our OL shit for not getting the job done.....yet while having 4 potential Pro Bowl caliber players on that line. (I am talking last year with JT/Bito/Mack/Greco/Schwartz)).
But this says it was not the OLs failures that caused a porous offense....it was the TEs, WR, RBs and QBs at fault.
So, the question is: will these new players, Devalve and the WRs do a much better job in blocking....run and pass, or will they be just more suckage to endure?
Is Devalve a manchild at blocking....or just a pass catcher (as they say Barnidge is)?
Very interesting. I know a lot of us have given our OL shit for not getting the job done.....yet while having 4 potential Pro Bowl caliber players on that line. (I am talking last year with JT/Bito/Mack/Greco/Schwartz)).
But this says it was not the OLs failures that caused a porous offense....it was the TEs, WR, RBs and QBs at fault.
So, the question is: will these new players, Devalve and the WRs do a much better job in blocking....run and pass, or will they be just more suckage to endure?
Is Devalve a manchild at blocking....or just a pass catcher (as they say Barnidge is)?
Shanney's ZBS's were tried to be carried on by a OL, with no OL coach & De Flippo that had no plan on how to use it. OL coach is Hal Hunter from Colts (yuk). Greg Seamon from BENGALS is TE coach. Hue, Pep & Al Saunders will be in something similar that worked for Eifert & their other TE's. you would think?
-
Remember Vince Mayle was Josh Gordon 2.0 last year around here.
-
check out his workout.This te/wr isn't a slender pass catching wimp or something.
Get he and Barnidge on the field at the same time...
not one defensive player will be laughing.
-
Ya have to admire this pick - this kid was off everybody's ? radar.
He even thought maybe he'd be an UDFA. Any/every football player
who plays hard, gets banged up.
Impressive kid as a person, too.
-
-
I will say this for the front office; they made their own draft board and they stuck to it no matter what anyone else thought.
-
Remember Vince Mayle was Josh Gordon 2.0 last year around here.
Remember Vince Mayle was Josh Gordon 2.0 last year around here.
hey!
i resemble that statement.that said, i think Devalve is my dark horse pick of the group over Higgins now (this week). i can't wait for camp...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
