show your thumbs
-
Thumbs up.
At this point I'm going to trust the front office and coaching staff. That's really all you can do at this point. This was totally their draft, so the long term results will speak directly about them. I like the defensive beef secured early on. The plethora of wide outs selected is indicative of the dearth of roster talent at the position, and I'm glad they addressed it. I like the "character" of the players selected - it speaks to the attitude change that the front office is trying to impress upon the organization. This is not a one-year fix, and this draft indicates that the front office understands that, and they have attempted to take the appropriate actions toward that end. I hope the rest of the Browns faithful recognize that this process of undertaking an organizational mindset change (which has, and will continue to, result in current players kicked to the curb that don't get with the program) is not a short one, and will take several seasons to bear positive results. When the Browns make the playoffs we can all look back and point to this draft as the first step that the organization took toward success.
-
I hate that we passed on some of the players we did. We completely ignored some guys that will be great players in the NFL. Our front office decided to go their own route and said screw what the mass population think. I do like some of the players we drafted, however I think we could have drafted two or three big name guys and still got most of the guys we did. We reached on almost every pick. We drafted a QB in the 3rd who would have been there in the 5th. We drafted a S in the 4th who would have been there in the 6th. At least 5 of these players wont make the final roster. But hey, look at how many picks we had to blow!
-
I hate that we passed on some of the players we did. We completely ignored some guys that will be great players in the NFL. Our front office decided to go their own route and said screw what the mass population think. I do like some of the players we drafted, however I think we could have drafted two or three big name guys and still got most of the guys we did. We reached on almost every pick. We drafted a QB in the 3rd who would have been there in the 5th. We drafted a S in the 4th who would have been there in the 6th. At least 5 of these players wont make the final roster. But hey, look at how many picks we had to blow!
I hate that we passed on some of the players we did. We completely ignored some guys that will be great players in the NFL. Our front office decided to go their own route and said screw what the mass population think. I do like some of the players we drafted, however I think we could have drafted two or three big name guys and still got most of the guys we did. We reached on almost every pick. We drafted a QB in the 3rd who would have been there in the 5th. We drafted a S in the 4th who would have been there in the 6th. At least 5 of these players wont make the final roster. But hey, look at how many picks we had to blow!
I'll give you a Learner than f* with a Farmer.. You can't fix fuc*ed, till you throw enough at it. next, maybe they hand you the phone with the truth coming out of it..
-
I hate that we passed on some of the players we did. We completely ignored some guys that will be great players in the NFL. Our front office decided to go their own route and said screw what the mass population think. I do like some of the players we drafted, however I think we could have drafted two or three big name guys and still got most of the guys we did. We reached on almost every pick. We drafted a QB in the 3rd who would have been there in the 5th. We drafted a S in the 4th who would have been there in the 6th. At least 5 of these players wont make the final roster. But hey, look at how many picks we had to blow!
I'll give you a Learner than f* with a Farmer.. You can't fix fuc*ed, till you throw enough at it. next, maybe they hand you the phone with the truth coming out of it..
-
Ask me in January
I'm with you there, or January of 2018 to see how those stockpiled picks pan out.
UP for now. We'll see how it pans out soon.
My only complaint is today- we should have drafted both picks on our board, not traded to Oakland.
Anything to screw the Cowboys- who apparently wanted Cook.
One Post From the Truth said:
Sideways leaning towards up.
My feeling too. Depends on how Wentz turns out, as well as our picks. I did like our risk averse no injury or character risks.
-
would have rather seen Cardale Jones than whasisname from USC. If we're talking about upside and potential and "coaching up".
would have rather seen Cardale Jones than whasisname from USC. If we're talking about upside and potential and "coaching up".
Yeah that's an exception to the draft in this strategy. I was listening to an analytics guy on the radio who said the stat that most correlates to NFL success for a draftee is completion percentage and he was at nearly 70% in 2014. So I am guessing this pick was driven by analytics.
-
I've always been a glass is half full type of guy when it comes to the Browns draft.
With that said, I give it a thumbs up but the QB pick I really don't get.
Go Browns!
-
I give the front office a thumbs up on working together. The staff generally, all seemed happy with the picks (unlike the last 4 to 6 years). Now, the picks themselves; I will wait and see what comes of them. Let's not forget that this was not a heavy 1st round talent talent draft to begin with compared to past drafts (at least prediction wise). Let's just see what we got before we go crazy either way bad or good.
-
One Post From the Truth said:
Sideways leaning towards up.
Ditto...
- Four players I just do not know: Kessler, Louis, Kindred and Caldwell.
- Two I liked quite a bit: S. Coleman and Schobert.
- Four I liked a little: Ogbah, Higgins, Peyton and C. Coleman.
- Two I did not really care for: Drango and Wright (sorry Scoobie lovers...).
- And two I am now intrigued by: Nassib and Devalve.
Thats's 14.... pot's right...
Still developing my Nassib crush, but if I had to pick one pick that I think will really surprise us in a good way, it's Devalve. As I've mentioned he jumped out when I was reviewing a Cole Toner cut-down. I just never followed through on a TE sized guy who was playing WR.
-
BLEACHER REPORT GRADES
COLEMAN WR B+
OGBAH DE A+
NASSIB DE A-
COLEMAN OT A-
KESSLER QB B
SCHOBERT LB B+
LOUIS WR C-
KINDRED S C+
DEVALVE TE D-
PAYTON WR A
DRANGO OG B+
HIGGINS WR A
CALDWELL CB C-
SCOOBY ILB A+
-
BLEACHER REPORT GRADES
COLEMAN WR B+
OGBAH DE A+
NASSIB DE A-
COLEMAN OT A-
KESSLER QB B
SCHOBERT LB B+
LOUIS WR C-
KINDRED S C+
DEVALVE TE D-
PAYTON WR A
DRANGO OG B+
HIGGINS WR A
CALDWELL CB C-
SCOOBY ILB A+
-
One Post From the Truth said:
Sideways leaning towards up.
Ditto...
- Four players I just do not know: Kessler, Louis, Kindred and Caldwell.
- Two I liked quite a bit: S. Coleman and Schobert.
- Four I liked a little: Ogbah, Higgins, Peyton and C. Coleman.
- Two I did not really care for: Drango and Wright (sorry Scoobie lovers...).
- And two I am now intrigued by: Nassib and Devalve.
Thats's 14.... pot's right...
Still developing my Nassib crush, but if I had to pick one pick that I think will really surprise us in a good way, it's Devalve. As I've mentioned he jumped out when I was reviewing a Cole Toner cut-down. I just never followed through on a TE sized guy who was playing WR.
-
Generally up. It looks like they drafted high character, highly athletic but raw guys that they think they can coach up with the very experienced staff we've got now.
-
-
Absolutely loved it!
-
Too early To say. They did pass on top ten talent and I was disappointed they didn't draft any of the Ohio State guys. But Hue seems to have a plan with Corey Coleman and RG3. He wants plenty of offense! I like that because we've had the worst offense in the league. I'm puzzled they didn't take a running back. I would have drafted Henry. But maybe Crowell works better with a mobile RG3 who knows.
From a rebuilding stand point they did a good job. Not focusing on one player but putting together a team for the future. Long over due; I trust Hue.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
