Random musings on The Draft, Our Draft and Who Knows What Else...
-
Really don't need Garrett if Ogbah and Nassib work out and Orchard or Mingo take the next step. But we'll see.
Really don't need Garrett if Ogbah and Nassib work out and Orchard or Mingo take the next step. But we'll see.
LOL! You are the only GM in the NFL that would not draft Garrett if he was sitting there @ your pick.
It would be like "well there's Von sitting here for free, so I think I'll just pass because we have good pass rushers already." -
Doubt that. This team's too shallow to do BPA like that. Need to address needs.
-
What stood out for me and the Browns draft was the amount of picks. Yes 14 is a lot and I just wonder if they had a plan all along to stockpile picks. They did next to nothing in FA and this explains why. Next year however I see more happening in FA even though we have a lot more draft picks to go.
-
Makes sense... in the strict sense that I understand what you are saying...

Actually my rule does allow for two one-year exceptions:
- the year after you land your franchise QB; and
- the year after you know you've landed your developmental back up to your franchise QB.
Otherwise it's back to the draft-mines...
Actually my rule does allow for two one-year exceptions:
- the year after you land your franchise QB; and
- the year after you know you've landed your developmental back up to your franchise QB.
Otherwise it's back to the draft-mines...
Using your same rules, this may explain why we did not draft a RB. Duke, why kill his confidence or any of them with T. Watson already in the house? Times ticking on The Crow (but let him prove his contract year) but Duke needs more than 1 year? Edit- one post, sashi see's FA equaling Forget About it
-
Hue said in the press conference after day three that he is very happy with the RB roster and what the new coach Wilson is doing with them.
-
Pretty good ESPN look at our picks one by one: http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/18747/2016-cleveland-browns-draft-picks-analysis-for-every-selection
-
Really don't need Garrett if Ogbah and Nassib work out and Orchard or Mingo take the next step. But we'll see.
LOL! You are the only GM in the NFL that would not draft Garrett if he was sitting there @ your pick.
It would be like "well there's Von sitting here for free, so I think I'll just pass because we have good pass rushers already."LOL! You are the only GM in the NFL that would not draft Garrett if he was sitting there @ your pick.
It would be like "well there's Von sitting here for free, so I think I'll just pass because we have good pass rushers already."Can Garrett stop the run? Or is he a sack show-pony?
-
Quick!!! Name three Pats not named Brady!
Started the day thinking (AKA musing) about our Draft and the lack of "starpower" we plucked vs. other teams. And then I started thinking about the Pats... who was the last "star" they drafted? THE model organization in the NFL builds stars; they do not draft stars.
And they do not build that many. Were you able to name three?
What they do is develop as many very good players as they can. Then acquire very good players via FA or trade to fill gaps. And if by trade, they often give up a "star" who has already peaked for a "very good" with further to rise, e.g., Seymore to OAK a couple years ago.
Our 14 picks cast a huge net looking to catch as many good players as possible so we can see how many have a shot at being very good. Odds are 2017 will be a repeat, with the possible exception of QB. Probably 2018 as well, but maybe by then we are also adding pieces...
-
This draft has D Bone written all over it. I have been pretty vocal over the years of the Browns drafting "football players" and not "workout warriors". I have been pretty vocal on my dislike for the combine, where players rise up some jackass media guru's draft board because he ran around some little orange cones really, really fast. This year we seemed to target guys who were very productive on the field, and we left the workout warriors to someone else.
Obviously I am very thrilled to see a bunch of guys that have proven themselves on the field, and some for several seasons. I get that in the lower end of the draft you can go ahead and take a workout warrior, as the penalty if he fails is a small one, and it can be worth the risk. I'm just glad we didn't do it early on.......... I've had my fill of David Veikune's and Mingo's.
So, I got what I wanted and hopefully for all of us it isn't a 'careful what you wish for' draft, but you can give me a bunch of productive, tough, smart, hardworking guys any day....... After all, you can't be productive at the college level without talent.
Now it's up to the coaches to get the most out of them, and for the first time since I can remember, I really do believe in my heart that we finally have the coaches that will do so.
-
D Bone, most of our guys shredded the combine.
-
-
-
Ricardo ran a 4.43 at 215.
Payton ran a 4.47.
Coleman was great in the events he participated in.
Ogbah was good. Shon didn't do anything.
Higgins was bad, granted. Same with Scoobie.
-
I found it interesting that this year we drafted 14 players.
It seems like in recent memory some of the past regimes that had a bunch of picks stock piled always ended up trading them to move up the board and by time we were done we'd leave with 5-7 players instead of 12 or however many picks we had.
I just hope it turns out to be a good one, we sure need it.
-
Actually my rule does allow for two one-year exceptions:
- the year after you land your franchise QB; and
- the year after you know you've landed your developmental back up to your franchise QB.
Otherwise it's back to the draft-mines...
Using your same rules, this may explain why we did not draft a RB. Duke, why kill his confidence or any of them with T. Watson already in the house? Times ticking on The Crow (but let him prove his contract year) but Duke needs more than 1 year? Edit- one post, sashi see's FA equaling Forget About it
Using your same rules, this may explain why we did not draft a RB. Duke, why kill his confidence or any of them with T. Watson already in the house? Times ticking on The Crow (but let him prove his contract year) but Duke needs more than 1 year?
My guess... Hue loves his little Bengal RB he brought with him.
This draft has D Bone written all over it.
Hope you didn't write it in piss... or worse...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
