Skip to content

Don't Get Fooled Again, No No

The Browns Board
17 8 1.7k
  • Also, A'Shawn Robinson was drafted in the second.

  • How did Sammie Coates from Auburn get on that? He was drafted in 2015. Same for Marcus Peters. Maybe others but I'm as lazy as the guy who put this together so I'm not looking any more up.

    @texasag1969 said:

    How did Sammie Coates from Auburn get on that? He was drafted in 2015. Same for Marcus Peters. Maybe others but I'm as lazy as the guy who put this together so I'm not looking anymore up.

    Also Ereck Flowers, Marcus Peters, possibly some other names I don't recognise.

  • Gipper, have you completely forgotten those conversations you had with various people recently where you were imploring the browns to take this player or the other because the mock drafts from a year ago had him at the top?

    And now here you are warning us all to not get caught up in who is at the top of this mock draft.

    But rather than admit (or even see) the irony you'll try to twist it in some fashion to make yourself come out smelling of roses.

    @gftchris said:

    Gipper, have you completely forgotten those conversations you had with various people recently where you were imploring the browns to take this player or the other because the mock drafts from a year ago had him at the top?

    And now here you are warning us all to not get caught up in who is at the top of this mock draft.

    But rather than admit (or even see) the irony you'll try to twist it in some fashion to make yourself come out smelling of roses.

    Well, my shit don't stink, that is for sure. But I don't think my story has changed. I still think those guys taken at the top may not prove to be the best QBs coming out of this class. (But note that I said that Lynch WAS the one guy that was ranked highly early in the College football season.)

    And I am simply saying that like Goff and Wentz, don't be surprised if many guys that are rated highly now are not thought to be so hot come April....and vice versa.....guys you don't see on the radar now may become the hot commodity then.

    (but is also does not mean that those guys who become hot commodities then are really all that hot. Remember, NO ONE had Wentz going anywhere near the first round until the end of February....long long after he had thrown a meaningful pass in a game.

  • Also, A'Shawn Robinson was drafted in the second.

    @gftchris said:

    Also, A'Shawn Robinson was drafted in the second.

    OK, right. I was thinking about the Mock drafts we conducted on here. I actually took him on the first round for two different teams!!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    How did Sammie Coates from Auburn get on that? He was drafted in 2015. Same for Marcus Peters. Maybe others but I'm as lazy as the guy who put this together so I'm not looking anymore up.

    Also Ereck Flowers, Marcus Peters, possibly some other names I don't recognise.

    @gftchris said:

    Also Ereck Flowers, Marcus Peters, possibly some other names I don't recognise.

    If you are saying that some guys on this Sept. 15, 2015 Mock draft were actually drafted in the April 2015 draft, yet show up here, then I have no clue about that.

    Honestly, I just took a random early season mock draft to use for comparison.

  • And look who these prognosticators said could be the #2 overall pick: Spencer Drango OT Baylor 6-5 315 5.15

    Maybe we got a steal?

    @the-gipper said:

    And look who these prognosticators said could be the #2 overall pick: Spencer Drango OT Baylor 6-5 315 5.15

    Maybe we got a steal?

    Maybe not...

    @texasag1969 said:

    How did Sammie Coates from Auburn get on that? He was drafted in 2015. Same for Marcus Peters. Maybe others but I'm as lazy as the guy who put this together so I'm not looking any more up.

    Rice DT Christian Convington, too... Drafted by the Texans... So that's four.

    Nice source, Gip...

  • @the-gipper said:

    And look who these prognosticators said could be the #2 overall pick: Spencer Drango OT Baylor 6-5 315 5.15

    Maybe we got a steal?

    Maybe not...

    @texasag1969 said:

    How did Sammie Coates from Auburn get on that? He was drafted in 2015. Same for Marcus Peters. Maybe others but I'm as lazy as the guy who put this together so I'm not looking any more up.

    Rice DT Christian Convington, too... Drafted by the Texans... So that's four.

    Nice source, Gip...

    @tour2ma said:

    Maybe not...

    Rice DT Christian Convington, too... Drafted by the Texans... So that's four.

    Nice source, Gip...

    Yea, really.....it came from Walter Football mock draft database.

    The point still applies. A lot of people some mocks thought would be first rounders at the beginning of the college football season are nowhere to be seen when the actual draft comes around....and vice versa.

  • How did they figure the Cards picking 4th. What idiots.

  • I thought Joe Montana was projected as the 1st pick in the 2015 draft

  • open mouth, insert foot.

    sometimes it pays NOT to hit the post button......

  • Well, if the point is that just because players are projected in a certain round does not mean they are that level; then, I agree. I said before that all of these journalists are guessing as much as we are. Let's hope they get it wrong this time and our front office got it right.

  • Well, if the point is that just because players are projected in a certain round does not mean they are that level; then, I agree. I said before that all of these journalists are guessing as much as we are. Let's hope they get it wrong this time and our front office got it right.

    @joedawg69 said:

    Well, if the point is that just because players are projected in a certain round does not mean they are that level; then, I agree. I said before that all of these journalists are guessing as much as we are. Let's hope they get it wrong this time and our front office got it right.

    You've got to bear in mind that, by and large, with an exception here or there, if the guys writing the pieces were good enough, they'd be working for a team, not an online blog.