"Crow and Duke as good as I've seen in a while."
-
One Post From the Truth said:
Morris or Murray are better than anyone on the Browns current roster. It's going to be a team effort keeping RG3 upright and the running game is crucial.
Just a prediction...I bet we land one of these two.
A 27 and 28 year old who took beatings and tons of carries. I have my doubts that they will pick either up. Hue's interview pretty much confirms this.
If he's talking about a RB for the future having one that does the side step block sure as heck isn't rebuilding. And Hue getting RG3 is a bit hypocritical then if he thinks getting a RB with some tread off his tires doesn't bode well for the future of a team.A 27 and 28 year old who took beatings and tons of carries. I have my doubts that they will pick either up. Hue's interview pretty much confirms this.
-
If he's talking about a RB for the future having one that does the side step block sure as heck isn't rebuilding. And Hue getting RG3 is a bit hypocritical then if he thinks getting a RB with some tread off his tires doesn't bode well for the future of a team.A 27 and 28 year old who took beatings and tons of carries. I have my doubts that they will pick either up. Hue's interview pretty much confirms this.
One Post From the Truth said:
If he's talking about a RB for the future having one that does the side step block sure as heck isn't rebuilding. And Hue getting RG3 is a bit hypocritical then if he thinks getting a RB with some tread off his tires doesn't bode well for the future of a team.
I think they play who they have so they know if they need to draft a kid next year. No one should expect much this year.
-
Merge thread.
-
Merge thread.
Oops sorry Gip didn't see the other thread til just now.Merge thread.
-
Hue is making a misstake if he doesnt get a experienced RB on the roster. It's ok to get a qb with two bum knees but not bring in a vet RB?
-
If Murray gets beat out by Henry, would we really want him? Morris "maybe". And mostly because him and RG would gel quick.
-
Hue is making a misstake if he doesnt get a experienced RB on the roster. It's ok to get a qb with two bum knees but not bring in a vet RB?
One Post From the Truth said:
Hue is making a misstake if he does get a experienced RB on the roster. It's ok to get a qb with two bum knees but not bring in a vet RB?
To paraphrase Ghoolie: "Running backs are a dime a dozen". If the Browns need a veteran for training camp or beyond, they can get one.
For whatever reason in this day and age it seems that RBs who may be UDFAs can turn out better oftentimes than RBs that are somewhat high picks.
-
#CrowHoes
-
I agree with Hue. A running game lives and dies by it's offensive line. That's why we drafted Coleman,& Drango to bolster the power run game. That's why I think the Cowboys drafting Ezekiel Elliot might've been a waste for them. Their o-line is so good that they could've gotten a mid-rounder to perform well enough to give them a solid run game.
I agree with Hue. A running game lives and dies by it's offensive line. That's why we drafted Coleman,& Drango to bolster the power run game. That's why I think the Cowboys drafting Ezekiel Elliot might've been a waste for them. Their o-line is so good that they could've gotten a mid-rounder to perform well enough to give them a solid run game.
The NFL equivalent of sour grapes. Elliott will propel them deep into the playoffs and if we have a lick of sense, we find a way to get Fornette on our team next year.
-
#CrowHoes
"Crow showing how those big dicks swang"
-
I agree with Hue. A running game lives and dies by it's offensive line. That's why we drafted Coleman,& Drango to bolster the power run game. That's why I think the Cowboys drafting Ezekiel Elliot might've been a waste for them. Their o-line is so good that they could've gotten a mid-rounder to perform well enough to give them a solid run game.
The NFL equivalent of sour grapes. Elliott will propel them deep into the playoffs and if we have a lick of sense, we find a way to get Fornette on our team next year.
The NFL equivalent of sour grapes. Elliott will propel them deep into the playoffs and if we have a lick of sense, we find a way to get Fornette on our team next year.
This season will determine whether or not they feel that using a high first round pick on a RB is a necessity. If Crow, Duke, and Watson get the job done then they won't worry about it.
-
The NFL equivalent of sour grapes. Elliott will propel them deep into the playoffs and if we have a lick of sense, we find a way to get Fornette on our team next year.
This season will determine whether or not they feel that using a high first round pick on a RB is a necessity. If Crow, Duke, and Watson get the job done then they won't worry about it.
This season will determine whether or not they feel that using a high first round pick on a RB is a necessity. If Crow, Duke, and Watson get the job done then they won't worry about it.
They have not demonstrated that kind of ability yet, so we shall see indeed.
-
#CrowHoes
"Crow showing how those big dicks swang"
"Crow showing how those big dicks swang"
Throw them pizza lunchables on the field!!
I so want for this kid to be good.
-
-
CLEVELAND, Ohio β Hue Jackson had two great reasons for not using any of his 14 draft picks on a running back: Duke Johnson and Isaiah Crowell.
"Those 2 guys are as good as I've seen in a while,'' Jackson said on the Browns draft review show Tuesday night that aired on 92.3 The Fan. "Their talent is extreme."
Jackson acknowledged that not selecting a back β in a draft in which some thought the Browns might land Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott β has drawn some heat.
"I've been getting so much mail or phones calls with people saying, 'Well wait a minute, why don't you guys have a running back?''' he said. "I really think Isaiah Crowell is a really good running back. I think he's going to have a sensational season, I really do."
Crowell, signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2014 out of Alabama State, led the team with 185 carries for 706 yards (3.8 yard per carry) and four TDs in 2015. But the Browns didn't commit to the run until late in the season, and Crowell was under-used in the first 12 games. In those outings, he rushed for 397 yards β compared to 309 in the final four games.
He carried the ball 20 times or more on only one occasion β in the 13th week of the season against San Francisco. Not surprisingly, it also marked his lone 100-yard performance of the season, a 145-yard effort.
In studying Crowell's film, Jackson sees a bellcow who can carry the load. The 5-11, 225-pounder didn't always find the holes quickly enough last season, but Jackson is confident that will change this year.
"Obviously Isaiah is very explosive," he said. "He's got quick feet, he's fast in the hole, he runs with good pad level.''
In Johnson, Jackson sees an elusive runner and dynamic receiver in the mold of Cincinnati's Gio Bernard, who rushed for 730 yards (4.7-yard average) and two TDs, and caught 49 passes for 472 yards and no TDs.
Johnson (5-9, 210) finished second to Crowell with 104 carries for 379 yards (3.6-yard average) and caught 61 passes for 532 yards, both of which were third on the team. He was also tied for third with two touchdown catches, and will be continue to be featured in the passing game.
"I think he's going to have a great year as well," Jackson said. "Duke has suddenness and quickness and he can go catch the ball with anybody. He does so many different things that gives your offense a boost.''
Feed the crow or eat it? Tom Reed looks at Isaiah Crowell's future
In addition to Crowell and Johnson, the Browns have Glenn Winston, Raheem Mostert and Terrell Watson, the former Bengals practice squad member who set Division II records at Azusa Pacific University.
"We haven't put the pads on yet and they have to do it, but I believe that we have the potential to be very good at that position." Jackson said. "I'm very comfortable with our group. I think we have some really good players there."
On draft weekend, Jackson stressed that the current group impressed him enough to stand pat at the position.
"It says that I'm very happy with the guys that are here," Jackson said.
The Browns finished 22nd in the NFL in rushing last season, and languished near the bottom until they averaged 160 yards in the final four games. The Bengals, meanwhile, finished 13th, and the Browns can expect to be more in that neighborhood in 2016.
"That's one of the things that once I got here that I wanted to take a strong look at,'' he said. "From top to bottom, I think we have some good candidates here."
I think the fact that we DIDN'T draft a RB speaks volumes to how our coach and organization feels about Crow and Duke. Crow had a few good games towards the end of the year, especially in games where we weren't getting our collective ass blown apart and running the ball was still a viable option. However, even when games were close at the beginning, I remember Crow receiving the early "token" carries, and not going ANYWHERE. Of course, many of these carries resulted in him getting hit in the backfield, so I don't believe he gets all of the blame. At the end of the season, we switched to more of a "power" style running game, and when the hole was there, Crow could certainly hit it. He does have quick feet, and I don't remember him fumbling as much. Even though Duke is the far better receiver, Crow still had a few nice receptions in his career, and can certainly make people miss. I would like to see him more involved in the passing game, especially since people expect Duke to be the primary receiving threat out of the backfield.
Duke was a pleasant surprise, and displayed nice acceleration and solid hands. We'd like to see more from the actual "running the ball" side of things from him, but I believe Hue can maximize his skill set. People like to point out what Hue Jackson did in Cincy with Giovanni and Hill, and for good reason. Hue Jackson displayed the ability to use two different running styles, in both the ground and air games, and he did a solid job of keeping defenses off guard. There is reason for optimism regarding the RB's this year, and we can talk about how protecting the QB is vital and all of that, but a QB's BEST FRIEND is the ability to run the ball. You run the ball well, and it opens up everything else. You can control the clock, rest your defense, utilize the play fake, and take some deep shots.
The running game is everything for our offense, especially since we don't have proven wide receivers, and our QB situation is less than optimal.
CLEVELAND, Ohio β Hue Jackson had two great reasons for not using any of his 14 draft picks on a running back: Duke Johnson and Isaiah Crowell.
"Those 2 guys are as good as I've seen in a while,'' Jackson said on the Browns draft review show Tuesday night that aired on 92.3 The Fan. "Their talent is extreme."
Jackson acknowledged that not selecting a back β in a draft in which some thought the Browns might land Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott β has drawn some heat.
"I've been getting so much mail or phones calls with people saying, 'Well wait a minute, why don't you guys have a running back?''' he said. "I really think Isaiah Crowell is a really good running back. I think he's going to have a sensational season, I really do."
Crowell, signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2014 out of Alabama State, led the team with 185 carries for 706 yards (3.8 yard per carry) and four TDs in 2015. But the Browns didn't commit to the run until late in the season, and Crowell was under-used in the first 12 games. In those outings, he rushed for 397 yards β compared to 309 in the final four games.
He carried the ball 20 times or more on only one occasion β in the 13th week of the season against San Francisco. Not surprisingly, it also marked his lone 100-yard performance of the season, a 145-yard effort.
In studying Crowell's film, Jackson sees a bellcow who can carry the load. The 5-11, 225-pounder didn't always find the holes quickly enough last season, but Jackson is confident that will change this year.
"Obviously Isaiah is very explosive," he said. "He's got quick feet, he's fast in the hole, he runs with good pad level.''
In Johnson, Jackson sees an elusive runner and dynamic receiver in the mold of Cincinnati's Gio Bernard, who rushed for 730 yards (4.7-yard average) and two TDs, and caught 49 passes for 472 yards and no TDs.
Johnson (5-9, 210) finished second to Crowell with 104 carries for 379 yards (3.6-yard average) and caught 61 passes for 532 yards, both of which were third on the team. He was also tied for third with two touchdown catches, and will be continue to be featured in the passing game.
"I think he's going to have a great year as well," Jackson said. "Duke has suddenness and quickness and he can go catch the ball with anybody. He does so many different things that gives your offense a boost.''
Feed the crow or eat it? Tom Reed looks at Isaiah Crowell's future
In addition to Crowell and Johnson, the Browns have Glenn Winston, Raheem Mostert and Terrell Watson, the former Bengals practice squad member who set Division II records at Azusa Pacific University.
"We haven't put the pads on yet and they have to do it, but I believe that we have the potential to be very good at that position." Jackson said. "I'm very comfortable with our group. I think we have some really good players there."
On draft weekend, Jackson stressed that the current group impressed him enough to stand pat at the position.
"It says that I'm very happy with the guys that are here," Jackson said.
The Browns finished 22nd in the NFL in rushing last season, and languished near the bottom until they averaged 160 yards in the final four games. The Bengals, meanwhile, finished 13th, and the Browns can expect to be more in that neighborhood in 2016.
"That's one of the things that once I got here that I wanted to take a strong look at,'' he said. "From top to bottom, I think we have some good candidates here."
I think the fact that we DIDN'T draft a RB speaks volumes to how our coach and organization feels about Crow and Duke. Crow had a few good games towards the end of the year, especially in games where we weren't getting our collective ass blown apart and running the ball was still a viable option. However, even when games were close at the beginning, I remember Crow receiving the early "token" carries, and not going ANYWHERE. Of course, many of these carries resulted in him getting hit in the backfield, so I don't believe he gets all of the blame. At the end of the season, we switched to more of a "power" style running game, and when the hole was there, Crow could certainly hit it. He does have quick feet, and I don't remember him fumbling as much. Even though Duke is the far better receiver, Crow still had a few nice receptions in his career, and can certainly make people miss. I would like to see him more involved in the passing game, especially since people expect Duke to be the primary receiving threat out of the backfield.
Duke was a pleasant surprise, and displayed nice acceleration and solid hands. We'd like to see more from the actual "running the ball" side of things from him, but I believe Hue can maximize his skill set. People like to point out what Hue Jackson did in Cincy with Giovanni and Hill, and for good reason. Hue Jackson displayed the ability to use two different running styles, in both the ground and air games, and he did a solid job of keeping defenses off guard. There is reason for optimism regarding the RB's this year, and we can talk about how protecting the QB is vital and all of that, but a QB's BEST FRIEND is the ability to run the ball. You run the ball well, and it opens up everything else. You can control the clock, rest your defense, utilize the play fake, and take some deep shots.
The running game is everything for our offense, especially since we don't have proven wide receivers, and our QB situation is less than optimal.
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
CLEVELAND, Ohio β Hue Jackson had two great reasons for not using any of his 14 draft picks on a running back: Duke Johnson and Isaiah Crowell.
"Those 2 guys are as good as I've seen in a while,'' Jackson said on the Browns draft review show Tuesday night that aired on 92.3 The Fan. "Their talent is extreme."
Jackson acknowledged that not selecting a back β in a draft in which some thought the Browns might land Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott β has drawn some heat.
"I've been getting so much mail or phones calls with people saying, 'Well wait a minute, why don't you guys have a running back?''' he said. "I really think Isaiah Crowell is a really good running back. I think he's going to have a sensational season, I really do."
Crowell, signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2014 out of Alabama State, led the team with 185 carries for 706 yards (3.8 yard per carry) and four TDs in 2015. But the Browns didn't commit to the run until late in the season, and Crowell was under-used in the first 12 games. In those outings, he rushed for 397 yards β compared to 309 in the final four games.
He carried the ball 20 times or more on only one occasion β in the 13th week of the season against San Francisco. Not surprisingly, it also marked his lone 100-yard performance of the season, a 145-yard effort.
In studying Crowell's film, Jackson sees a bellcow who can carry the load. The 5-11, 225-pounder didn't always find the holes quickly enough last season, but Jackson is confident that will change this year.
"Obviously Isaiah is very explosive," he said. "He's got quick feet, he's fast in the hole, he runs with good pad level.''
In Johnson, Jackson sees an elusive runner and dynamic receiver in the mold of Cincinnati's Gio Bernard, who rushed for 730 yards (4.7-yard average) and two TDs, and caught 49 passes for 472 yards and no TDs.
Johnson (5-9, 210) finished second to Crowell with 104 carries for 379 yards (3.6-yard average) and caught 61 passes for 532 yards, both of which were third on the team. He was also tied for third with two touchdown catches, and will be continue to be featured in the passing game.
"I think he's going to have a great year as well," Jackson said. "Duke has suddenness and quickness and he can go catch the ball with anybody. He does so many different things that gives your offense a boost.''
Feed the crow or eat it? Tom Reed looks at Isaiah Crowell's future
In addition to Crowell and Johnson, the Browns have Glenn Winston, Raheem Mostert and Terrell Watson, the former Bengals practice squad member who set Division II records at Azusa Pacific University.
"We haven't put the pads on yet and they have to do it, but I believe that we have the potential to be very good at that position." Jackson said. "I'm very comfortable with our group. I think we have some really good players there."
On draft weekend, Jackson stressed that the current group impressed him enough to stand pat at the position.
"It says that I'm very happy with the guys that are here," Jackson said.
The Browns finished 22nd in the NFL in rushing last season, and languished near the bottom until they averaged 160 yards in the final four games. The Bengals, meanwhile, finished 13th, and the Browns can expect to be more in that neighborhood in 2016.
"That's one of the things that once I got here that I wanted to take a strong look at,'' he said. "From top to bottom, I think we have some good candidates here."
I think the fact that we DIDN'T draft a RB speaks volumes to how our coach and organization feels about Crow and Duke. Crow had a few good games towards the end of the year, especially in games where we weren't getting our collective ass blown apart and running the ball was still a viable option. However, even when games were close at the beginning, I remember Crow receiving the early "token" carries, and not going ANYWHERE. Of course, many of these carries resulted in him getting hit in the backfield, so I don't believe he gets all of the blame. At the end of the season, we switched to more of a "power" style running game, and when the hole was there, Crow could certainly hit it. He does have quick feet, and I don't remember him fumbling as much. Even though Duke is the far better receiver, Crow still had a few nice receptions in his career, and can certainly make people miss. I would like to see him more involved in the passing game, especially since people expect Duke to be the primary receiving threat out of the backfield.
Duke was a pleasant surprise, and displayed nice acceleration and solid hands. We'd like to see more from the actual "running the ball" side of things from him, but I believe Hue can maximize his skill set. People like to point out what Hue Jackson did in Cincy with Giovanni and Hill, and for good reason. Hue Jackson displayed the ability to use two different running styles, in both the ground and air games, and he did a solid job of keeping defenses off guard. There is reason for optimism regarding the RB's this year, and we can talk about how protecting the QB is vital and all of that, but a QB's BEST FRIEND is the ability to run the ball. You run the ball well, and it opens up everything else. You can control the clock, rest your defense, utilize the play fake, and take some deep shots.
The running game is everything for our offense, especially since we don't have proven wide receivers, and our QB situation is less than optimal.
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -
For example look what Az is doing at RB. They have Brian Johnson and Andre Ellington. Then as a vet RB that have Chris Johnson. It makes for a good rotation.
-
For example look what Az is doing at RB. They have Brian Johnson and Andre Ellington. Then as a vet RB that have Chris Johnson. It makes for a good rotation.
One Post From the Truth said:
For example look what Az is doing at RB. They have Brian Johnson and Andre Ellington. Then as a vet RB that have Chris Johnson. It makes for a good rotation.
Spoken like a true Zona fan. Now due to your heckisium. All 3 of their asses will be limping around by week 4 AGAIN
. It's a sad day when Vesna is making damn good cents$$ 
-
As I have said before, the Browns have "hidden talent" that our previous coaching staff either DIDN'T coach and/or didn't utilize properly. Combine the talent acquired this off season with holdovers AND the solid, experienced coaching staff we now have & we will move forward.
Remember the 3 games where Duke did very well in the 1st half of each? In those SAME 3 games, he had a TOTAL of ONE touch in those 3 second halves. That certainly won't happen under Hue & Staff.
Mike
-
One Post From the Truth said:
For example look what Az is doing at RB. They have Brian Johnson and Andre Ellington. Then as a vet RB that have Chris Johnson. It makes for a good rotation.
Spoken like a true Zona fan. Now due to your heckisium. All 3 of their asses will be limping around by week 4 AGAIN
. It's a sad day when Vesna is making damn good cents$$ 
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
