"Crow and Duke as good as I've seen in a while."
-
I don't think Hue and the gang is worried about the RB position. He has Crow, Duke, and Terrell Watson (a kid Hue brought over from the Bengals). Bringing in guys who have a ton of miles on them doesn't make much sense on a rebuilding team.
Also doesn't currently make sense to take RBs high and put miles on them early in a rebuild.
For the 27156th time: The run game sucked last year because of the FB and TE positions.
True, but our 2015 OL kicked in its share of individual failures as well. It was a perfect storm of ineptitude.
Crow and Duke are decent, but we have to get them into the secondary where they have a chance of winning 1-on-1's. In 2015 they rarely made it past the LBs.
True, but our 2015 OL kicked in its share of individual failures as well. It was a perfect storm of ineptitude.
Crow and Duke are decent, but we have to get them into the secondary where they have a chance of winning 1-on-1's. In 2015 they rarely made it past the LBs.
This coming from T might have stung just a little bit. But it's the damn truth. Hog Mollie's can win football Games. A fresh Defense, can be your best defense. O'Neil never had a clue..
-
For the 27156th time: The run game sucked last year because of the FB and TE positions.
Fixing those is the key to the entire offense. The OL itself is not - and will not be - the problem.
Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.
When is the last time the Browns had a killer blocking fullback?
Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.
When is the last time the Browns had a killer blocking fullback?
Lawrence Vickers. Actually it was the year Peyton Hillis had his monster year. They let Vickers walk and Hillis disappeared the next season. Coincidence? I think not.
-
For the 27156th time: The run game sucked last year because of the FB and TE positions.
Fixing those is the key to the entire offense. The OL itself is not - and will not be - the problem.
Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.
When is the last time the Browns had a killer blocking fullback?
Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.
UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
-
Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.
UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
When he gets cut in August we'll never hear of him again.UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
-
All I know is that we were a bit optimistic for Crowell after he showed potential but was not used correctly and has fallen off of the map. Hopefully, Crow and Johnson can make a rebirth under Hue Jackson. There is probably a better chance of this under Hue than there was under Pettine since Hue has a better system that makes RBs look better.
-
didn't someone say that a good RB doesn't need a great OL? then why, when given the ball, do our RBs look like dog doo doo on a hot summer's day?
man if given that criteria zeke will run for 3k yards this year in dallas..............and we'll still have run, run, pass and punt.
-
If anyone said a good RB doesn't need a great OL, they're wrong.
-
If anyone said a good RB doesn't need a great OL, they're wrong.
and they haven't played Madden.
-
It's not unlike the 'great QB's make great receivers' and vice versa argument. Theyre meant to compliment one another.
-
-
the running game lives and dies by the ability to have a passing game.
Bal-freakin-ance.
Meanwhile, I don't think this has been posted yet.
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2016/02/duke-johnson-afc-north-rookie-of-the-year/
Duke also was the only Miami player to win the ACC rookie of the year award ..as a freshman at Miami.
The players the Browns just drafted... are of the same kind of player. Players who LOVE the game, etc.
The WR's are the best thing possible to help the running game. The rb's already on the roster are terrific
to take advantage of the additions to the passing game.
-
Didn't we pick up a UDFA fullback? Will he be any better? Malcolm Johnson could be gonzo anyway because he just isn't this new staffs guy.
UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?
-
UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?
I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?
Size-wise I think he's definitely an intriguing prospect there, but from what I've read, one of the knocks on him is his ability/propensity to block, so who knows.
-
UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?
I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?
Malcom Johnson was drafted as a TE/H-back also. But I believe Telfer was drafted for his blocking TE skill set at USC.(should have J. Dray role) DeValve, M. Johnson & Stov will camp war it out for the Buck Allen, Juszczyk (Ravens) or Rex Burkhead (Cinn.) role imo..
-
When he gets cut in August we'll never hear of him again.UDFA- FB-Patrick Skov, a good one from Georgia Tech. 2 TE's that could see dual duties at FB- JP Holtz from Pitt & I luv me some Seth DeValve already from Princeton. Of course, if DeValve is cut I look forward to the Princeton addition to our Harvard FO. Go Tigers!!
One Post From the Truth said:
When he gets cut in August we'll never hear of him again.
If anyone said a good RB doesn't need a great OL, they're wrong.
A good OL will suffice... if you also have good blocking TE(s).... and capable WRs...
I saw where DeValve was listed some place as a TE/H-back....meaning he could like up some in the Fullback Spot. Does that sound plausible?
Not especially... I'm still looking for Bibbs to take the H-back role by the horns.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login