Skip to content

"Believeland" film debuts on espn tonight

The Browns Board
52 23 2.6k
  • cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    DVR is set...

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Yep

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #4

    No inteterest re living some of thst shit. The fumble...the shot....the shot again......no thanks

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Nobody cared more than Ernest Byner. That's the tradgedy of The Fumble.

    We already know all of this shit .., but if you have a loved one who is not up to speed, this is required viewing for them. Only way they will ever remotely understand you.

    Z

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Ghoolie

    ^ This kids, is what a dick head looks like.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #7

    VesnaKociper said:

    I would like to re-live the Browns-Steelers game I went to one cold nasty Sunday with Carol Santucci. She gave me a hand job under her Steeler's blanket. I can't ever remember who one. Well, I did.

    Between the normal size of your dick and the cold weather, her index finger and thumb must have gotten tired.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    I would like to re-live the Browns-Steelers game I went to one cold nasty Sunday with Carol Santucci. She gave me a hand job under her Steeler's blanket. I can't ever remember who one. Well, I did.

    Between the normal size of your dick and the cold weather, her index finger and thumb must have gotten tired.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mld-woody said:

    Between the normal size of your dick and the cold weather, her index finger and thumb must have gotten tired.

    Nice
  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion
    #9

    I thought the film was alright. nothing special. he should of made it after we beat the warriors and win the championship this year. it ended fucking WEAK.

    and how he centered it on that one dude was lame. fella just wasn't that interesting.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Lol!

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #11

    VesnaKociper said:

    I would like to re-live the Browns-Steelers game I went to one cold nasty Sunday with Carol Santucci. She gave me a hand job under her Steeler's blanket. I can't ever remember who one. Well, I did.

    That makes Charlie Sheen's version of winning look like kid stuff. So, after your sister got married to an Italian Steeler fan - you took her to a game and she gave you a hand job? Just think what you could have gotten if you took her muzzle off. Are you sure that wasn't your niece's or nephew's hand?

    What an alternative to talking football or content projected by the subject heading.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Fuck David Modell too. "Cleveland only lost a team for 4 or 5 months." FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #13

    I thought Believeland was well done. I remembered how bad our defense played the day of the fumble and if it wasn't for Byner throwing the team on his back - that score would have been an embarassing blowout rather than 1 guy's fault allegedly. Therefore, when I heard Byner say Big Daddy Hairston told him he blew it - I lost every ounce of respect I had for Hairston. It was our defense that got Raggedy Anned for 38 points.

    All that said, Joe Gibbs isn't a stupid guy so he traded us a little horse jockey from Puget Sound (Mike Oliphant) that could run 4.3 forties for a RB he could look to as his work horse for a Superbowl Championship. While Byner got scapegoated for a defense that gave up 38 points on 1 team, look how important he was to a team willing to play some defense in the post season. Was that game really about 1 Fumble or a defense that disappeared like a Houdini Rabbit? This is the most disappointing thing about hearing any fan that watched that entire game think Byner was the only reason we lost. He was actually the only reason that game was competitive when you get right down to it.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    For me the old dude (the fan with his grandson) and the bearded dude (the writer) who talked in many of bridge segments made the show. Loved their reflections and insights... Both added new depth to the all too familiar story-lines.

    While the Browns' history dominated, it was good to see members of the killer Tribe line up of the 90's... Lofton... Thome... Nagy... and Grover. The latter having the line of the show: "I'll let you know when it happens."

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Flugel- Byner said Big Daddy was sitting next to him, consoling him. Byner said he messed it up for everybody. That whole Byner part got me a little weepy, the guy was all class.

    I'm with you though, Earnest Byner had a hell of a game. He's my 2nd favorite Browns RB ever (Greg Pruitt is my favorite, I was too young and missed the Jim Brown days).

  • Flugel- Byner said Big Daddy was sitting next to him, consoling him. Byner said he messed it up for everybody. That whole Byner part got me a little weepy, the guy was all class.

    I'm with you though, Earnest Byner had a hell of a game. He's my 2nd favorite Browns RB ever (Greg Pruitt is my favorite, I was too young and missed the Jim Brown days).

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @bob806 said:

    Flugel- Byner said Big Daddy was sitting next to him, consoling him. Byner said he messed it up for everybody. That whole Byner part got me a little weepy, the guy was all class.

    I'm with you though, Earnest Byner had a hell of a game. He's my 2nd favorite Browns RB ever (Greg Pruitt is my favorite, I was too young and missed the Jim Brown days).

    Greg Pruitt was mine too. He used to be my avatar in here prior to one of our matchups with Pittsburgh this year.

    I appreciate your feedback trying to clarify what Byner said. Do you I just rewound and listened to the Big Daddy thing about 5 times since you brought it to my attention and it still sounds like he says albeit via mumble "I remember him telling me I messed it up. I messed it up for everybody." Then he added the part about a letter from an older guy telling him he messed it up and tore out his heart. If you dvr'd it - listen to it again and let me know. I still might be wrong and I don't want to leave it this way if I am.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Yeah, it is hard to understand Flugel....I think Byner was talking in the third person there. I just listened to it 3 times. I don't think he said Big Daddy was blaming him, I think he told Big Daddy "I messed it up for everybody."

    What a team the Browns had back then. All we really needed was a better pass rush.

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Overall, I think the show sucked. I was hoping that it wasn't going to be another "poor Cleveland" thing, but it was. I've seen all that crap many times, including when it happened. David Modell is a fucking idiot...I hate him more now, than I did in '95. Art adopts the little prick, and he never had to work a day in his life. And Gold hammer....what the fuck was he doing on that show? He doesn't know crap about sports....let alone Cleveland sports.

  • I thought Believeland was well done. I remembered how bad our defense played the day of the fumble and if it wasn't for Byner throwing the team on his back - that score would have been an embarassing blowout rather than 1 guy's fault allegedly. Therefore, when I heard Byner say Big Daddy Hairston told him he blew it - I lost every ounce of respect I had for Hairston. It was our defense that got Raggedy Anned for 38 points.

    All that said, Joe Gibbs isn't a stupid guy so he traded us a little horse jockey from Puget Sound (Mike Oliphant) that could run 4.3 forties for a RB he could look to as his work horse for a Superbowl Championship. While Byner got scapegoated for a defense that gave up 38 points on 1 team, look how important he was to a team willing to play some defense in the post season. Was that game really about 1 Fumble or a defense that disappeared like a Houdini Rabbit? This is the most disappointing thing about hearing any fan that watched that entire game think Byner was the only reason we lost. He was actually the only reason that game was competitive when you get right down to it.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @flugel said:

    I thought Believeland was well done. I remembered how bad our defense played the day of the fumble and if it wasn't for Byner throwing the team on his back - that score would have been an embarassing blowout rather than 1 guy's fault allegedly. Therefore, when I heard Byner say Big Daddy Hairston told him he blew it - I lost every ounce of respect I had for Hairston. It was our defense that got Raggedy Anned for 38 points.

    All that said, Joe Gibbs isn't a stupid guy so he traded us a little horse jockey from Puget Sound (Mike Oliphant) that could run 4.3 forties for a RB he could look to as his work horse for a Superbowl Championship. While Byner got scapegoated for a defense that gave up 38 points on 1 team, look how important he was to a team willing to play some defense in the post season. Was that game really about 1 Fumble or a defense that disappeared like a Houdini Rabbit? This is the most disappointing thing about hearing any fan that watched that entire game think Byner was the only reason we lost. He was actually the only reason that game was competitive when you get right down to it.

    I still blame Marty for going ultra- conservative and coaching like chicken shit charlie and playing that awful prevent defense that prevents victories. I still hate him a Belicheat!.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Was brutal to watch. Stopped watching after the tribe piece.,,,,will finish it later but i was like ive had enough of this relive.