Tax Scams
-
Two days running I have received robocall supposedly from a female IRS agent instructing me to call 707-216-0585 if I wish to avoid additional penalties, including possible arrest, atop a "tax fraud" filing by the Treasury Dept.
A free, reverse look up of the number at whitepages.com produced this message:
Scam or Fraud
Flagged as Extortion
(707) 216-0585
Localphone VoIP
Laytonville, CA
If you receive such a call you can report it to: https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml
-
Axe is right but if it's state taxes them bastards will call.
-
Just call the number and pay up dead beat.
-
Just call the number and pay up dead beat.
He can't. Have you any idea of the taxes on a Honda moped?Just call the number and pay up dead beat.
-
LOL
Yeah one of those skunks called me the other day, it was a recorded message telling me he was Sergeant somebody or other from the IRS that I was being investigated for tax fraud and to call some fucking number. I didn't call it but I wanted to just to be a dick.
WSS
-
One Post From the Truth said:
Axe is right but if it's state taxes them bastards will call.
The IRS does not call you on behalf of a State's Dept of Revenue either

In Florida if you own an LLC or S Corp, you have to file a yearly "Annual Report".. It's nothing more than a revenue stream for the state. You basically tell them Yeah, we're still here and to prove it, here is my $135..... I have a few LLCs and SCorps so every yr I'm flooded with scam artists that send very real looking notices complete with state seal, to pay your yearly Report fees. The state tells you straight away that they never mail notices.. It's always done by email thru a particular website.. Every yr they scam tons of businesses and the state does NOTHING to stop them even tho their PO Box is right down the street from the capital in Tallahassee

-
One Post From the Truth said:
Axe is right but if it's state taxes them bastards will call.
The IRS does not call you on behalf of a State's Dept of Revenue either

In Florida if you own an LLC or S Corp, you have to file a yearly "Annual Report".. It's nothing more than a revenue stream for the state. You basically tell them Yeah, we're still here and to prove it, here is my $135..... I have a few LLCs and SCorps so every yr I'm flooded with scam artists that send very real looking notices complete with state seal, to pay your yearly Report fees. The state tells you straight away that they never mail notices.. It's always done by email thru a particular website.. Every yr they scam tons of businesses and the state does NOTHING to stop them even tho their PO Box is right down the street from the capital in Tallahassee

Il dept of revenue called me. I rigged my taxes three years ago and got caught. I told them I had a person I didn't know so well do my taxes. It worked but I paid them around $700. They left me a voicemail I don't know why because I'm paid up.The IRS does not call you on behalf of a State's Dept of Revenue either

In Florida if you own an LLC or S Corp, you have to file a yearly "Annual Report".. It's nothing more than a revenue stream for the state. You basically tell them Yeah, we're still here and to prove it, here is my $135..... I have a few LLCs and SCorps so every yr I'm flooded with scam artists that send very real looking notices complete with state seal, to pay your yearly Report fees. The state tells you straight away that they never mail notices.. It's always done by email thru a particular website.. Every yr they scam tons of businesses and the state does NOTHING to stop them even tho their PO Box is right down the street from the capital in Tallahassee

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login