when does optimism start?
-
VesnaKociper said:
As it happens, I am. But THIS is not a party, you cunt. 16 fucking years I have listened to your jackoffs puking the same bullshit over and fucking over and mother fucking over.
Every year it's the same shit, and you jackoffs never change. The team had the #2 and #32 pick, a low cap, a trad-able Joe Thomas, and we AGAIN, do not take a single top player. The team has no QB, No RB, no WRs, no pass rushers, No Veteran stalwarts ................and you ass fucks want to be optimistic?
Sashi and De-Pud-Duster can fucking analyze their cunts until the cows come home, but NOBODY wins fucking football games without people who can pass, catch, run, and tackle. That's football, you ass weasel. THAT is what you base optimism on. Not hiring 30 fucking people to do analytics. The Browns have no stars, they drafted no stars, and there isn't a single fucking thing the shit-dick ass fuckers in the FO are going to do to score touchdowns.
Now, invite me to a party? I will have you laughing your stubby, gnarled, shit-encrusted, transgendered cock off, and pissing in your pantyhose.
However, THIS is not a party. Pretending we are on the right track is a crock of shit. 16 years I have watched you assholes pretending. The question is SIMPLE..........who the fuck is going to make touchdowns for this team? Who the fuck is going to stp the Steelers from jamming the box and forcing the Browns O to again be a dink and dump mess? Who is going to rough up opposing QBs and force errant passes?
This team will get massacred.
You haven't had sex in a very long time have you
-
You're asking a bunch of diehard fans that have known basically NOTHING but losing for twenty years what they are optimistic about, so be ready for their responses.
For me, the only tangible optimism is the fact we are not running a country club anymore. The pace, intensity, and attitude of OTA's and minicamp is a stark contrast from years past, and while I obviously wasn't there, multiple journalists have said as much. We are not going to be physically ill-prepared, and our coaches aren't going to let us get out-worked. I have optimism about our new strength program, and I love having individual strength coaches and programs for each position group. It makes a lot of sense, and I expect to see results.
I'm further optimistic about our obvious emphasis on the WR position. Ray Farmer really screwed us over at this position, and he managed to miss out on the best WR class in decades. His sole selection was named "the worst pick of the draft" by multiple analysts, and the fourth round selection never made the roster.
I also like the fact that we have an offensive coach that has a track record at getting the most out of whatever talent he has...especially at the QB position. Further, Hue Jackson wants to run the ball, and that is something that many fans yearn to see. As we all know, running the ball depends on many variables, but perhaps none larger than the defense keeping us IN THE GAME so we aren't down 3 scores at halftime. I do NOT have optimism about our defense (yet), as I feel we have many holes and too much reliability on young players. Ray Horton didn't blow me away during his first stint. I felt like he just blitzed every 3rd down and we got our ass handed to us WAY too much when other teams knew the blitz was coming.
I suppose I'm optimistic about the running game though, and the more I think about it, the better I feel. I'm not saying that Crow and Duke are the equivalent of Giovanni and Hill, but there are definitely some similarities, and our franchise not drafting a single RB speaks volumes as to how we feel about our young talent.
I am not optimistic about RG III...not yet. In fact, I'm not really sure he can beat out Josh McCown. McCown knows how to pick up offenses, and there's nothing wrong with his arm. Further, he has an excellent relationship with Barnidge, and knows to find him for big plays. I'm not saying that RG III can't win the job, but Josh can throw the damn rock. I'd LOVE to see what Josh can do with a running game and a defense, and I'm COMPLETELY shocked that Denver didn't make a huge play for him. Bring in McCown for a season to help with Lynch? Makes a ton of sense, but what do I know?
Multiple sports stories are trying VERY HARD to get me optimistic about Justin Gilbert, but that's not going to happen. Not until I see him in a game. Don't get me wrong, I would like NOTHING more than for him to work out. I mean...can you IMAGINE having another quality CB just appear from nowhere? Yeah...it'd be amazing, but I'm not counting on it.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Yeah. he won't be the coach after 2 seasons with the Browns. $10,000. I did this before. Rich Balestra will put your check in an Escrow account, and distribue it to the winner. That way, if you die, I get paid regardless.
Geez. $10 thousand?? Why not a million? You fucking pussy.
-
-
Love that song. It's going on my USA road trip playlist.
-
So, I'm not sure Jim Brown MEANT to say this but apparently Josh Gordon is currently in REHAB. I can't believe it. There are several articles floating around that quote Brown as saying Gordon is really working on himself, and he's deadly serious about coming back. I know many on this board, myself included, basically didn't want to hear ANYTHING about Gordon, but I have to say...this is different. If he's truly in rehab, that's a totally different ball game. That tells the world (especially our front office) that Gordon is serious about working on himself and committed to getting mentally healthy. Yes, we've been burnt before with rehab with other players, but even Johnny appeared to make some strides for a while. If Gordon is an addict, he can't expect to be "cured"...that's not how it works, as we all know. It's a lifelong battle.
I wouldn't say I'm "optimistic" about Gordon coming back, as we've been toasted way too many times, but this is the first GOOD news about him in quite a while. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he has a chance at ACTUALLY playing in the NFL again. Our new front office doesn't appear to have ANY desire to mess around with dramatic players that can cause disruption, but think about it....what if he actually gets reinstated? What good does it do to cut him, only to see the Ravens pick him up? It's a weird situation. We're not talking about some guy who beat his wife, or took steroids...this is a guy who lost an entire season for having 3-4 drinks and smoking a plant. Illegal? Yes...(in some states)....did punishment fit the "crime"? Ehhh...
-
Exactly. Some fans and most media are crying about the "talent" we lost (Mack, Schwartz, ect..), but for me that's part of my optimism. I've seen what the Browns look like with these "team leaders/stars" on the field, and it wasn't good. Now we get to watch some young guys sprinkled all over the field, and that alone excites me.
Gonna be some pleasantly surprised Browns fans this year.
One Post From the Truth said:
Totally agree. ^^^
Me three. In my case, the question is "When did optimism END?"...my answer...NEVER!
Mike
Me three. In my case, the question is "When did optimism END?"...my answer...NEVER!
Mike
Mike I sent you a pm. Make sure you bring waders and umbrellas when you come down here next week. Unreal flooding going on all over Texas.

-
Me three. In my case, the question is "When did optimism END?"...my answer...NEVER!
Mike
Mike I sent you a pm. Make sure you bring waders and umbrellas when you come down here next week. Unreal flooding going on all over Texas.

Mike I sent you a pm. Make sure you bring waders and umbrellas when you come down here next week. Unreal flooding going on all over Texas.

I hope it is over before around August 1 when I may have to come down there. And again in December.
-
So, I'm not sure Jim Brown MEANT to say this but apparently Josh Gordon is currently in REHAB. I can't believe it. There are several articles floating around that quote Brown as saying Gordon is really working on himself, and he's deadly serious about coming back. I know many on this board, myself included, basically didn't want to hear ANYTHING about Gordon, but I have to say...this is different. If he's truly in rehab, that's a totally different ball game. That tells the world (especially our front office) that Gordon is serious about working on himself and committed to getting mentally healthy. Yes, we've been burnt before with rehab with other players, but even Johnny appeared to make some strides for a while. If Gordon is an addict, he can't expect to be "cured"...that's not how it works, as we all know. It's a lifelong battle.
I wouldn't say I'm "optimistic" about Gordon coming back, as we've been toasted way too many times, but this is the first GOOD news about him in quite a while. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he has a chance at ACTUALLY playing in the NFL again. Our new front office doesn't appear to have ANY desire to mess around with dramatic players that can cause disruption, but think about it....what if he actually gets reinstated? What good does it do to cut him, only to see the Ravens pick him up? It's a weird situation. We're not talking about some guy who beat his wife, or took steroids...this is a guy who lost an entire season for having 3-4 drinks and smoking a plant. Illegal? Yes...(in some states)....did punishment fit the "crime"? Ehhh...
So, I'm not sure Jim Brown MEANT to say this but apparently Josh Gordon is currently in REHAB. I can't believe it. There are several articles floating around that quote Brown as saying Gordon is really working on himself, and he's deadly serious about coming back. I know many on this board, myself included, basically didn't want to hear ANYTHING about Gordon, but I have to say...this is different. If he's truly in rehab, that's a totally different ball game. That tells the world (especially our front office) that Gordon is serious about working on himself and committed to getting mentally healthy.
More in the class of believing Gordon has been a victim of circumstance(s) here... at least until the most recent "diluted sample" fail... but strikes me that Rehab is one, and possibly the only, way for him to demonstrate to the league office that he is serious about making his way back.
Should generate evidence of both sobriety and mental state.
-
So, I'm not sure Jim Brown MEANT to say this but apparently Josh Gordon is currently in REHAB. I can't believe it. There are several articles floating around that quote Brown as saying Gordon is really working on himself, and he's deadly serious about coming back. I know many on this board, myself included, basically didn't want to hear ANYTHING about Gordon, but I have to say...this is different. If he's truly in rehab, that's a totally different ball game. That tells the world (especially our front office) that Gordon is serious about working on himself and committed to getting mentally healthy. Yes, we've been burnt before with rehab with other players, but even Johnny appeared to make some strides for a while. If Gordon is an addict, he can't expect to be "cured"...that's not how it works, as we all know. It's a lifelong battle.
I wouldn't say I'm "optimistic" about Gordon coming back, as we've been toasted way too many times, but this is the first GOOD news about him in quite a while. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he has a chance at ACTUALLY playing in the NFL again. Our new front office doesn't appear to have ANY desire to mess around with dramatic players that can cause disruption, but think about it....what if he actually gets reinstated? What good does it do to cut him, only to see the Ravens pick him up? It's a weird situation. We're not talking about some guy who beat his wife, or took steroids...this is a guy who lost an entire season for having 3-4 drinks and smoking a plant. Illegal? Yes...(in some states)....did punishment fit the "crime"? Ehhh...
So, I'm not sure Jim Brown MEANT to say this but apparently Josh Gordon is currently in REHAB. I can't believe it. There are several articles floating around that quote Brown as saying Gordon is really working on himself, and he's deadly serious about coming back.
Great News for Josh, If it's true? Rehab, timing of possible filing for reinstatement in August, just sounds short & strange? May have already failed another one, or was he not to be tested again to June or July? The prove of rehab should help his case.. Still think we own his rights till 17?
-
There's also been a report that Gordon has let his weight balloon up near the 260 lb mark.
Maybe we can use him as a TE when he gets out of rehab.
-
Me three. In my case, the question is "When did optimism END?"...my answer...NEVER!
Mike
Mike I sent you a pm. Make sure you bring waders and umbrellas when you come down here next week. Unreal flooding going on all over Texas.

Mike I sent you a pm. Make sure you bring waders and umbrellas when you come down here next week. Unreal flooding going on all over Texas.

Thanks for the tip Bill but, being the optimist I am, we'll just take in the River Walk "swim".

Mike
-
You're asking a bunch of diehard fans that have known basically NOTHING but losing for twenty years what they are optimistic about, so be ready for their responses.
For me, the only tangible optimism is the fact we are not running a country club anymore. The pace, intensity, and attitude of OTA's and minicamp is a stark contrast from years past, and while I obviously wasn't there, multiple journalists have said as much. We are not going to be physically ill-prepared, and our coaches aren't going to let us get out-worked. I have optimism about our new strength program, and I love having individual strength coaches and programs for each position group. It makes a lot of sense, and I expect to see results.
I'm further optimistic about our obvious emphasis on the WR position. Ray Farmer really screwed us over at this position, and he managed to miss out on the best WR class in decades. His sole selection was named "the worst pick of the draft" by multiple analysts, and the fourth round selection never made the roster.
I also like the fact that we have an offensive coach that has a track record at getting the most out of whatever talent he has...especially at the QB position. Further, Hue Jackson wants to run the ball, and that is something that many fans yearn to see. As we all know, running the ball depends on many variables, but perhaps none larger than the defense keeping us IN THE GAME so we aren't down 3 scores at halftime. I do NOT have optimism about our defense (yet), as I feel we have many holes and too much reliability on young players. Ray Horton didn't blow me away during his first stint. I felt like he just blitzed every 3rd down and we got our ass handed to us WAY too much when other teams knew the blitz was coming.
I suppose I'm optimistic about the running game though, and the more I think about it, the better I feel. I'm not saying that Crow and Duke are the equivalent of Giovanni and Hill, but there are definitely some similarities, and our franchise not drafting a single RB speaks volumes as to how we feel about our young talent.
I am not optimistic about RG III...not yet. In fact, I'm not really sure he can beat out Josh McCown. McCown knows how to pick up offenses, and there's nothing wrong with his arm. Further, he has an excellent relationship with Barnidge, and knows to find him for big plays. I'm not saying that RG III can't win the job, but Josh can throw the damn rock. I'd LOVE to see what Josh can do with a running game and a defense, and I'm COMPLETELY shocked that Denver didn't make a huge play for him. Bring in McCown for a season to help with Lynch? Makes a ton of sense, but what do I know?
Multiple sports stories are trying VERY HARD to get me optimistic about Justin Gilbert, but that's not going to happen. Not until I see him in a game. Don't get me wrong, I would like NOTHING more than for him to work out. I mean...can you IMAGINE having another quality CB just appear from nowhere? Yeah...it'd be amazing, but I'm not counting on it.
VesnaKociper said:
<<You're asking a bunch of diehard fans that have known basically NOTHING but losing for twenty years what they are optimistic about, so be ready for their responses.>>
No preparation needed on my part. These guys will fabricate shit you can't even imagine, and believe it is solid analytical substance.
<<For me, the only tangible optimism is the fact we are not running a country club anymore. The pace, intensity, and attitude of OTA's and minicamp is a stark contrast from years past, and while I obviously wasn't there, multiple journalists have said as much. We are not going to be physically ill-prepared, and our coaches aren't going to let us get out-worked. I have optimism about our new strength program, and I love having individual strength coaches and programs for each position group. It makes a lot of sense, and I expect to see results.>>
Practice under Butch Davis was intense. Also, reports of intense practices and coaches being all over the players, to me is like announcers complimenting Bernie Kosar for being intelligent because they knew they couldn't talk about his athleticism. Honestly, I would rather hear the kind of reports you will hear from Steelers camp....."This guy is burining EVEYONE, This guy is hitting like a sledgehammer................ That, is the kind of thing that makes a difference.
Intensity of practices does not equal more wins.
<<I'm further optimistic about our obvious emphasis on the WR position. Ray Farmer really screwed us over at this position, and he managed to miss out on the best WR class in decades. His sole selection was named "the worst pick of the draft" by multiple analysts, and the fourth round selection never made the roster. >>
But we didn't get the top guy, ?????? If Gordon plays, maybe we are on the right track. If Gordon doesn't come back, we are a c- at this position.
<<I also like the fact that we have an offensive coach that has a track record at getting the most out of whatever talent he has...>>
Speculative. He had talent. He doesn't now. Fir sure, if he can go 7 - 9 with this group, then your optimism will be deserved.
<<especially at the QB position.>>
He has no QB. Black Tarkenton will get hurt McCown will get a concussion watching the Steelers take the field.
<<Further, Hue Jackson wants to run the ball, and that is something that many fans yearn to see. As we all know, running the ball depends on many variables, but perhaps none larger than the defense keeping us IN THE GAME so we aren't down 3 scores at halftime. I do NOT have optimism about our defense (yet), as I feel we have many holes and too much reliability on young players. Ray Horton didn't blow me away during his first stint. I felt like he just blitzed every 3rd down and we got our ass handed to us WAY too much when other teams knew the blitz was coming.>>
Everyone WANTS something. This is not something to be optimistic about.
I suppose I'm optimistic about the running game though, and the more I think about it, the better I feel. I'm not saying that Crow and Duke are the equivalent of Giovanni and Hill, but there are definitely some similarities, and our franchise not drafting a single RB speaks volumes as to how we feel about our young talent.
I am not optimistic about RG III...not yet. In fact, I'm not really sure he can beat out Josh McCown. McCown knows how to pick up offenses, and there's nothing wrong with his arm. Further, he has an excellent relationship with Barnidge, and knows to find him for big plays. I'm not saying that RG III can't win the job, but Josh can throw the damn rock. I'd LOVE to see what Josh can do with a running game and a defense, and I'm COMPLETELY shocked that Denver didn't make a huge play for him. Bring in McCown for a season to help with Lynch? Makes a ton of sense, but what do I know?
Multiple sports stories are trying VERY HARD to get me optimistic about Justin Gilbert, but that's not going to happen. Not until I see him in a game. Don't get me wrong, I would like NOTHING more than for him to work out. I mean...can you IMAGINE having another quality CB just appear from nowhere? Yeah...it'd be amazing, but I'm not counting on it.
Bro, God Bless ya, but for me, I see a team without a QB, without any top player in the last 5 drafts. Dude, let's be sensible here. This team does not have players.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I expect greatness. At least not right away. But I am "optimistic" about a few things, as I've stated, and hopefully some of them are warranted. We didn't draft a RB, and that says something. That tells me our coaches believe in what we have, and that if our rb's DON'T work out, guess what? We have MULTIPLE studs coming out of the college ranks next year to draft.
I wouldn't be surprised to see McCown win the starting role, and would they be so bad? He wasn't too bad last year, and when you consider how bad our defense was and we HAD to pass, his season becomes even better. Maybe RG III is the guy and shows us all what a real QB looks like? I wouldn't say I'm optimistic about that, but it's not impossible.
I think our season mainly comes down to defense. No, I'm not optimistic about it, but we'll see. I like our draft picks, Horton has DC experience (unlike some OTHER people we had), and we need some vets and rookies to play up to higher levels. Again, not impossible. Haden needs to rebound, Gilbert must develop (definitely not optimistic, but apparently he's looking better), Ogbah and Nassib must be impactful, and we need so much more put of our LB's. I guess what I'm trying to say is while I'm not OPTIMISTIC, I am HOPEFUL. I just hate being the guy that spews hate and pessimism. I realize we've had very little reason to expect success, but in my heart I feel like it's time to make some waves.
And I agree with you about our wr's...right now we're a C grade or possibly lower. However, that grade can quickly ascend to something MUCH higher with just a few breaks. What if Pryor actually made the switch like coaches say he has? I figure that SOME of our rookie wr's HAVE to turn out, right? And I honestly believe we'll get Hawkins back to the player we want.
Bottom line, I think we're better than last year ALREADY. No, not saying much, but I want IMPROVEMENT! And I think we have it.
-
VesnaKociper said:
<<You're asking a bunch of diehard fans that have known basically NOTHING but losing for twenty years what they are optimistic about, so be ready for their responses.>>
No preparation needed on my part. These guys will fabricate shit you can't even imagine, and believe it is solid analytical substance.
<<For me, the only tangible optimism is the fact we are not running a country club anymore. The pace, intensity, and attitude of OTA's and minicamp is a stark contrast from years past, and while I obviously wasn't there, multiple journalists have said as much. We are not going to be physically ill-prepared, and our coaches aren't going to let us get out-worked. I have optimism about our new strength program, and I love having individual strength coaches and programs for each position group. It makes a lot of sense, and I expect to see results.>>
Practice under Butch Davis was intense. Also, reports of intense practices and coaches being all over the players, to me is like announcers complimenting Bernie Kosar for being intelligent because they knew they couldn't talk about his athleticism. Honestly, I would rather hear the kind of reports you will hear from Steelers camp....."This guy is burining EVEYONE, This guy is hitting like a sledgehammer................ That, is the kind of thing that makes a difference.
Intensity of practices does not equal more wins.
<<I'm further optimistic about our obvious emphasis on the WR position. Ray Farmer really screwed us over at this position, and he managed to miss out on the best WR class in decades. His sole selection was named "the worst pick of the draft" by multiple analysts, and the fourth round selection never made the roster. >>
But we didn't get the top guy, ?????? If Gordon plays, maybe we are on the right track. If Gordon doesn't come back, we are a c- at this position.
<<I also like the fact that we have an offensive coach that has a track record at getting the most out of whatever talent he has...>>
Speculative. He had talent. He doesn't now. Fir sure, if he can go 7 - 9 with this group, then your optimism will be deserved.
<<especially at the QB position.>>
He has no QB. Black Tarkenton will get hurt McCown will get a concussion watching the Steelers take the field.
<<Further, Hue Jackson wants to run the ball, and that is something that many fans yearn to see. As we all know, running the ball depends on many variables, but perhaps none larger than the defense keeping us IN THE GAME so we aren't down 3 scores at halftime. I do NOT have optimism about our defense (yet), as I feel we have many holes and too much reliability on young players. Ray Horton didn't blow me away during his first stint. I felt like he just blitzed every 3rd down and we got our ass handed to us WAY too much when other teams knew the blitz was coming.>>
Everyone WANTS something. This is not something to be optimistic about.
I suppose I'm optimistic about the running game though, and the more I think about it, the better I feel. I'm not saying that Crow and Duke are the equivalent of Giovanni and Hill, but there are definitely some similarities, and our franchise not drafting a single RB speaks volumes as to how we feel about our young talent.
I am not optimistic about RG III...not yet. In fact, I'm not really sure he can beat out Josh McCown. McCown knows how to pick up offenses, and there's nothing wrong with his arm. Further, he has an excellent relationship with Barnidge, and knows to find him for big plays. I'm not saying that RG III can't win the job, but Josh can throw the damn rock. I'd LOVE to see what Josh can do with a running game and a defense, and I'm COMPLETELY shocked that Denver didn't make a huge play for him. Bring in McCown for a season to help with Lynch? Makes a ton of sense, but what do I know?
Multiple sports stories are trying VERY HARD to get me optimistic about Justin Gilbert, but that's not going to happen. Not until I see him in a game. Don't get me wrong, I would like NOTHING more than for him to work out. I mean...can you IMAGINE having another quality CB just appear from nowhere? Yeah...it'd be amazing, but I'm not counting on it.
Bro, God Bless ya, but for me, I see a team without a QB, without any top player in the last 5 drafts. Dude, let's be sensible here. This team does not have players.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I expect greatness. At least not right away. But I am "optimistic" about a few things, as I've stated, and hopefully some of them are warranted. We didn't draft a RB, and that says something. That tells me our coaches believe in what we have, and that if our rb's DON'T work out, guess what? We have MULTIPLE studs coming out of the college ranks next year to draft.
I wouldn't be surprised to see McCown win the starting role, and would they be so bad? He wasn't too bad last year, and when you consider how bad our defense was and we HAD to pass, his season becomes even better. Maybe RG III is the guy and shows us all what a real QB looks like? I wouldn't say I'm optimistic about that, but it's not impossible.
I think our season mainly comes down to defense. No, I'm not optimistic about it, but we'll see. I like our draft picks, Horton has DC experience (unlike some OTHER people we had), and we need some vets and rookies to play up to higher levels. Again, not impossible. Haden needs to rebound, Gilbert must develop (definitely not optimistic, but apparently he's looking better), Ogbah and Nassib must be impactful, and we need so much more put of our LB's. I guess what I'm trying to say is while I'm not OPTIMISTIC, I am HOPEFUL. I just hate being the guy that spews hate and pessimism. I realize we've had very little reason to expect success, but in my heart I feel like it's time to make some waves.
And I agree with you about our wr's...right now we're a C grade or possibly lower. However, that grade can quickly ascend to something MUCH higher with just a few breaks. What if Pryor actually made the switch like coaches say he has? I figure that SOME of our rookie wr's HAVE to turn out, right? And I honestly believe we'll get Hawkins back to the player we want.
Bottom line, I think we're better than last year ALREADY. No, not saying much, but I want IMPROVEMENT! And I think we have it.
Bottom line, I think we're better than last year ALREADY. No, not saying much, but I want IMPROVEMENT! And I think we have it.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
-
Bottom line, I think we're better than last year ALREADY. No, not saying much, but I want IMPROVEMENT! And I think we have it.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
Jamaal?
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? - Blutarsky
Germans? - Eric Stratton
He's on a roll. - Boone
Come on Toxies. You gotta remember fan isn't just a prefix of fantastic. Don't make me call your hometown hero Thom Darden to give you a straighten out session.
If we can go 7-9 in 2014, what makes you certain we can't do that in 2016?
-
IM JUST READY FOR SOME FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!!!!! IT'S JUNE AND IM SICK OF WAITING FOR THE PITCHERS IN BASEBALL. JUST THROW THE MFer!!!!
-
IM JUST READY FOR SOME FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!!!!! IT'S JUNE AND IM SICK OF WAITING FOR THE PITCHERS IN BASEBALL. JUST THROW THE MFer!!!!
-
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
Jamaal?
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? - Blutarsky
Germans? - Eric Stratton
He's on a roll. - Boone
Come on Toxies. You gotta remember fan isn't just a prefix of fantastic. Don't make me call your hometown hero Thom Darden to give you a straighten out session.
If we can go 7-9 in 2014, what makes you certain we can't do that in 2016?
Jamaal?
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? - Blutarsky
Germans? - Eric Stratton
He's on a roll. - Boone
Come on Toxies. You gotta remember fan isn't just a prefix of fantastic. Don't make me call your hometown hero Thom Darden to give you a straighten out session.
If we can go 7-9 in 2014, what makes you certain we can't do that in 2016?
i'm not certain of anything uh.........except if you dive in the 'Blue Hole' you can come out on the other side in china.

that and u can get the clap from a toilet seat.
-
Bottom line, I think we're better than last year ALREADY. No, not saying much, but I want IMPROVEMENT! And I think we have it.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
I honestly DO think we're better than last year. Now, our RECORD might not reflect that, but I do think we're a "better" overall team. We don't have the distracting Manziel anymore, we have an NFL coach that understands offense AND has real head coaching experience. We have a defensive coordinator with multiple years in the league, and I like our draft picks. Obviously, a team is judged by their overall record, and I know that, but I think we're better in terms of the talent we're developing and our coaching staff.
We need a few things to happen to meet or eclipse our paltry record from last year. First, we need at LEAST one of our new WR's to be productive, probably more like 2-3 (including Pryor). Either RG III or McCown will need to pick up the new offense and play at a level necessary to keep us in games and allow us to run the ball. The same goes with our defense, as we won't be able to run the ball down 20 points. We lost a lot of productive veterans, and that hurts, but I can see us being a tad better than last year. Keep in mind that's NOT saying much, but yes...I believe we're better right now. Don't you remember the clock disasters? The atrocious play calls? The mind-numbing penalties? I HAVE to believe our new coaching staff will be better at those aspects.
-
Bottom line, I think we're better than last year ALREADY. No, not saying much, but I want IMPROVEMENT! And I think we have it.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
how does anyone think this?
i'm not a neg nancy at all but i just don't get the overall thinking here. everyone (pretty much) after the draft goes "well they needed to get a whole bunch of players!" ah, let's see....... the browns had a full roster of players last year. yes, the same amount as other teams so what they really meant to say was: "the browns need to draft a whole bunch of BETTER players!" did they do that? i mean who's to say the people that were drafted by farmer aren't better than the new rookies drafted by this FO? you can't know that yet correct?
go ahaead everyone and give the browns a great draft score. blah ha fucking ha. you basically replaced a WR, maybe upgraded a DE/DL (?) with nassib but what else is there to show for trading out of 'STAR' status? some more picks next year when the browns will need "a whole bunch of players"? trade out of a great spot to land a great player to "get a whole bunch of players"?
ask jamaal sheard. i'm sure he's still scratching his head signing a new contract for millions as he plays for a championship team.
Well.....if anyone thinks logically, the Browns have to replace all those players they lost to FA....Schwartz, Mack, Gipson, Benjamin plus Dansby, Whitner, Robertson and maybe some others. Have they done that? To a certain extent:
Dansby replaced by Demario Davis....who is actually considered younger and better.
Gipson replaced by Rahim Moore. Moore likely not as good...but he is functional.
Robertson replaced by Justin Tuggle. Probably every bit as good if not better
The Schwartz replaced by Alvin Bailey. Questionable. Bailey considered a C player where Schwartz was a B player
Mack....relying on Cam Erving to replace him? Good luck to us
Whitner....relying on Ibrahim Campbell....again, good luck
Benjamin....relying on 4 WRs from the draft. I expect a couple to measure up.
And then there is the rest of the 14 member draft class that will hopefully upgrade this team (along with all the guys from the prior draft...Shelton, Cooper, Orchard etc. etc. that we expect to step up.
I am not sure what our sum gain...or loss may be....but we are young, heartache to heartache.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login